What did you do?

ejsanta13

been a few days since i've been able to get on. no long run this weekend. tweeked hammy last week and didn't want to make it worse. W/ the baystate 1/2 in only a month, I would rather miss one run than potentially a couple of weeks. Did an easy 3 miles yesterday morning @ around 8:50. Felt good. Should be good for a long run this weekend.....

Ariel484

Yesterday - strength training
Today - 3 miles @ 9:40ish

Akron Half Marathon next weekend and RNR Cleveland Half the weekend after...these races totally snuck up on me! Where has the time gone?? :hungover:

LindsayLoves

@ Mr mom - Welcome Back!

@Ariel484 - Good luck with your half this weekend!

Today was 5.07 miles @8:20/mile, a pace I would call comfortably pushing it. I don't want to stress my legs too badly with the Mighty Niagara Half on Saturday.

It was funny to see how people react to 64 degrees wearing long sleeves and pants to run. I was in a tank and shorts. A tourist in a pedicab with a sweater on and a fleece blanket on her lap looked at me like I was nuts, I gave her the exact same look back.

Kristia

Yesterday - strength training
Today - 3 miles @ 9:40ish

Akron Half Marathon next weekend and RNR Cleveland Half the weekend after...these races totally snuck up on me! Where has the time gone?? :hungover:

Good luck with your half! I hear ya about the races sneaking up. I am seriously stressing about the marathon in Nov. I am so far behind in training. I have to redo my training schedule now. I was supposed to get in 3 20 milers before this thing and now I will be lucky to get 2. I may only be able to squeeze 1 in.

Kristia

@ Mr mom - Welcome Back!

Today was 5.07 miles @8:20/mile, a pace I would call comfortably pushing it. I don't want to stress my legs too badly with the Mighty Niagara Half on Saturday.

It was funny to see how people react to 64 degrees wearing long sleeves and pants to run. I was in a tank and shorts. A tourist in a pedicab with a sweater on and a fleece blanket on her lap looked at me like I was nuts, I gave her the exact same look back.

Loving the weather! Good luck with your half on Sat!

JillC LI

Interesting article on the Runner's World web site: http://www.runnersworld.com/race-training/how-to-build-mental-muscle?page=1

Love this quote from the article: "It's not lactate levels in your blood or oxygen shortages in your muscles that force you to slow down, it's how your brain interprets those signals. In other words, the effort of running is only as hard as your brain perceives it to be."

The effort of running is only as hard as your brain perceives it to be. That's powerful.

Mr mom

@ Mr mom - Welcome Back!

hahaha, it was 45 this morning here and I was in shorts and a tee

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
LOL. (I was just going to "Like" your message because it made me laugh, but then I wasn't sure that was appropriate in light of the content!)
Its cool. Best way I have found to conquer IT Band issues, make you butt muscles stronger. It has worked so far. We will see Nov 23rd in my 50K. Before, they would start breaking down at mile 20-22 on road. Im looking forward to seeing how long they hold up.
I have the same problem as @joel_maxwell Walking up and down a hallway in a squat position with a resistance band around my thighs. Ouch!
Yep.

Sumrdog

4 miles of intervals yesterday...I am amazed at how fast some if you run! 2 miles at 9:45 is fast for me. Lucky for me the only person I am racing against is myself. ;)
I have a pain in my right inner thigh that I can comfortably ignore after the first half mile or so, but it has me wondering what it could be...

AUPr8Hd

Yesterday, I struggled with whether to run or Crossfit. Somehow I convinced myself to do both. So, at 5pm, I did the following: 1k row, 30 burpee box jumps, 1k row. I then laced up the running shoes and hit the road for a slow, agonizing 2 miles. :mad:

Today is a no run day. Instead, I had 5x3 of back squats followed by tabata push-ups and tabata sit-ups

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom