What did you do?

LindsayLoves

Apparently any heat running stamina I had is long gone. Struggled through 5 miles running home from work. I would have swapped this run out for tomorrow but I needed this run today.

a2grafix

In honor of September 11 and being a member of Team Red White and Blue, I ran some 4 miles around Downtown Memphis with the American flag, starting and stopping at the Memphis Fire Museum. Ran about 45-50 minutes in humid, hot, low 90s. Felt good. Even better, received claps, honks, and cheers while I looped around Beale Street to the Lorraine Motel. Team RWB chapters conducted several hero runs and I felt the need to join in. I had to.

2013-09-11_13-05-22_240.jpg

2013-09-11_13-12-50_707.jpg

Wish I had a bigger flag and more Memphis area military vets to run with me. I'm working on it.

ChristaH

2.5 miles last night at 11:30 pace. Not much pain during the run or after, but sore today. The PT will not be happy with me at my appt in an hour.

AUPr8Hd

4 miles last night. A little achilles pain in left foot. But I think it was due to improper warm up and running on grassy median (uneven) for part of the run.

3 miles on tap for this evening. I have to decide whether or not to make this weekend's long run on Saturday or Sunday. Football season makes long runs interesting ;)

AUPr8Hd

Last night, I ended up running 3.5 or so, Garmin was acting up and didn't start properly. Nice and easy pace @ 10:43. Humidity was a little worse than previous night. Cooler temps expected this weekend. So thankful for it

Kristia

3 miles on a Dream treadmill on Monday and the Castaway Cay 5K on Tuesday. I managed to make a wrong turn just after the halfway point (I know...I'm lame - so embarrassing! I wasn't the only one though) and went 3.7 miles in 36:30ish. I think my 5K split was 29:33.

Welcome back! Hope you guys had a great time. Can't wait to read all the trip reports!

Ariel484

Welcome back! Hope you guys had a great time. Can't wait to read all the trip reports!
Thanks! We really did. It was so different from any other vacation I've taken. I have some photos I'll post here whenever I get my act together on the pictures. I think we're still not sure how the trip reporting is going to shake out. o_O Wish you could have been there too!

JillC LI

Hey Nick @Donald Duck--are you running to Seaside? I can't believe that fire. So SCARY! So SAD!!!

I know. My husband's cousin had led the efforts to fundraise there, and now this. So sad.

On another note, 3.25 miles this sfternoon. Felt so strong and good I wound up doing it at 9:41 pace! Maybe that speed workout the other day had an effect. Figured I'd squeeze in a run before stuffing myself with a prefast meal tonight. No running tomorrow.

Sumrdog

8.1 this morning it went pretty well, I think I am suffering from a lack of motivation this week. I really felt like procrastinating my run until tomorrow, but I fought through it laced up my shoes and ran as far as my training program wanted me too. I am glad I fought my lazy urges and just did it :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom