What did you do?

ChristaH

My left leg looks like someone beat me with a stick, black and blue up and down but the PT is working and it is feeling a ton better. I've done 20 minutes on the elliptical two times and last night, I had no pain after finishing. The first time in weeks that I could envision myself running pain-free in the near future...hopefully he will release me for a short run this weekend.

Sumrdog

We are still on vacation in New England :). Saturday I did 9 miles of rolling hills, it was slooooow going for me. I ran it about 15 minutes faster than my usual 9 mile pace. Then we went boating with some friends. Sunday we went to Maine! We walked all over the beach, we swam, we body surfed it was so much fun and we had lobsters!!
Hopefully I will get a few more little runs in before we head back out west on Sunday, I wish I could be on vacation forever....

Kristia

In Massachusetts, visiting family for a few days before the kids go back to school.
I got in my 1 1/2 hrs of yoga on Sunday morning before the 5.5 hr car ride. This morning got in a 6.25 mile run and a 2 mile walk. Weather is fantastic--starting to get a autumn feel in the air.
Ugh! Where are you?! It was hot and muggy at our house this morning. Last week was beautiful and spoiled me. This week, not so much! :eek:

a2grafix

Went on a light midnight run-ish at 2am after work this early Wednesday morning. About 2.35-2.40 miles, nice comfortable 19-minute loop through the downtown neighborhood and Beale Street. Saw some people walking home from bars. It was 79F, no wind. Good thing I ran too in the dark. Wednesday's high temp is 95F with a heat index of over 100F. It will be upper 90s, around 97F through Labor Day in Memphis, but I don't care. I will be in Anaheim running the Disneyland Half in 60s-70s morning west coast air.

dreamfinder

Today was speed work. 6x800@5:34min/mile pace with 90 sec RI inbetween, plus warmup/cool down. Wanted to call it quits after 5, but I pulled on my big boy pants, sucked it up and pushed for the last one. Doing all these faster shorter runs is tempting me to try to do "The Gauntlet" some weekend. (See here) They mentioned it in a recent Runners World and pointed out how many of the college athletes at Div1 schools have problems finishing. Would be a heck of a morale booster to know I'm in no worse shape than most college athletes...

AUPr8Hd

3 miles last night @ 11:13 pace. Hills on course plus heavy squats the day before and snatches that morning made for somewhat heavy legs. But, I'm glad I got out there because it makes me realize I actually miss running.

Now I'm off to revise my CF and running schedule for the next few months.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
What type of workout did you do?
I say crossfit loosely. More of a high level concept than me flipping tires and slinging ropes. It is lifting weights and some odd stuff to strengthen my legs in a different way than running. I also work my upper body to keep it fit and to help in my swimming.

I swim on Fridays to keep in Tri shape, but it also helps in my runs and cardio portion of that in recovery. I swim at least 35 laps or 1 mile.

6.5 miles this morning. I need new shoes.

ejsanta13

We are still on vacation in New England :). Saturday I did 9 miles of rolling hills, it was slooooow going for me. I ran it about 15 minutes faster than my usual 9 mile pace. Then we went boating with some friends. Sunday we went to Maine! We walked all over the beach, we swam, we body surfed it was so much fun and we had lobsters!!
Hopefully I will get a few more little runs in before we head back out west on Sunday, I wish I could be on vacation forever....

Welcome (belatedly) to New England. Weather has been beautiful for you. If you're down near Beantown, give a shout.....

ejsanta13

In Massachusetts, visiting family for a few days before the kids go back to school.
I got in my 1 1/2 hrs of yoga on Sunday morning before the 5.5 hr car ride. This morning got in a 6.25 mile run and a 2 mile walk. Weather is fantastic--starting to get a autumn feel in the air.

Where in MA are you visiting. Looks to be a lot of MA travel love this week. Welcome to my humble home....

ejsanta13

3.29 miles @ an 8:54 pace. I hate early AM runs. Just can't get stretched out enough that early. Much rather the late afternoon, early evening runs after a day of activity. Much smoother, easier runs.

fmingo36

Welcome (belatedly) to New England. Weather has been beautiful for you. If you're down near Beantown, give a shout.....

I was born in MA and lived there most of my life. I still have family in North Central MA so I visit frequently.
I love Boston. It's my favorite city but didn't get a chance to get in there on this trip.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20-25 miles everyday for the past three weeks with a 50 miler thrown in for good measure.

Starting to ramp up the mileage now...

Holding an ultra-distance running clinic on Saturday Sept. 7th at 9am at the Manasquan Reservoir, for you Jersey locals who may be interested. $10 to sign up, and I will have samples of recovery bars and calories that I use during racing and training. Sign up at Imperial Fitness on FB.

Speaking of fitness, beer time...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
20-25 miles everyday for the past three weeks with a 50 miler thrown in for good measure.

Holding an ultra-distance running clinic on Saturday Sept. 7th at 9am at the Manasquan Reservoir, for you Jersey locals who may be interested. $10 to sign up, and I will have samples of recovery bars and calories that I use during racing and training. Sign up at Imperial Fitness on FB.

Very nice. I sound like a broken record, but I wish I were local. I would be there in a heartbeat.

Good luck.

fmingo36

I would love to join you but I'm going to a Whoopie Pie Festival in PA. Over 100 kinds of whoopie pies. I love ya buddy but I love Whoopie Pies more. Too bad the clinic wasn't Sunday. I could use the run to burn off the all the whoopee pie calories I'm going to eat on Saturday! :joyfull:

Kristia

Wish you were a little closer to me! Are you going to be running that day? No way I want to do ultra-distance but I know you would have useful tips for us non-diehards. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom