What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Another 20+ miles. Pretty much the same distances everyday. I feel like a robot, and that's not good. Runs have been dull, repetative, and my head is not into it. Definitely need to make some changes.

I will get to the Alps one day. Mrs. Stormtrooper has international offices in France, so perhaps I will tag along if I don't have any clients.

Anyway, heading down to the Poly in 22 days for vacation, hopefully that will recharge the batteries!

ChristaH

Pilates class last night. Starting PT today. I feel like I am chasing this hip pain all around my leg. It started on the outside and when I did stretching and strengthening for that, it moved to the inside then when I tried to address that, it moved to my hamstring, and now to my quads. My husband says it is like I have one of those burrowing aliens in my leg! LOL! Hopefully the PT will get me on the path to balancing everything out.

JillC LI

Squeezed in 8 miles before work this morning. Was surprised to see that it was at 10:03 pace although I felt like I was dragging for much of it. Not bad in the end. Tomorrow we leave with the kids on our trip to Zion, Bryce, Canyonlands, and Grand Canyon National Parks plus 2 days in Las Vegas. I'm packing some running clothes although I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to run until I get home on Labor Day. I'll certainly be doing lots of hiking. Several of our accommodations have no TV or wifi, so I'm not sure when I'll check in here again. Have a great last week of summer before school starts everyone!

fmingo36

Squeezed in 8 miles before work this morning. Was surprised to see that it was at 10:03 pace although I felt like I was dragging for much of it. Not bad in the end. Tomorrow we leave with the kids on our trip to Zion, Bryce, Canyonlands, and Grand Canyon National Parks plus 2 days in Las Vegas. I'm packing some running clothes although I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to run until I get home on Labor Day. I'll certainly be doing lots of hiking. Several of our accommodations have no TV or wifi, so I'm not sure when I'll check in here again. Have a great last week of summer before school starts everyone!

Have a wonderful time!!! We did Vegas and the Grand Canyon for our Honeymoon.
Loved the Grand Canyon--just absolutely breathtaking. And win BIG in Vegas!!!

diddy_mouse

2.5 miles this morning after dropping my husband off at the train station. Still humid but the occasional breeze felt really nice. I realized that I'm probably getting in a little extra of a workout due to the hills on my course. Definitely explains why my quads and hips were killing me yesterday. Well, that and I haven't been really active in like a month. :oops:

I know i'll get some exercise tomorrow since the husband and I are going to walk around DC. Looking to get a run in on Sunday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

ejsanta13

was away for a few days up in Laconia, NH for a little fun in the sun. Did manage to get some miles in, before and after the trip along with in between cocktails during. Got a few hiking miles in also through the Ossipee Mtns with the kids. Sat did 5.02 @ 8:45 avg. 30 sec walk break @ miles 2 and 4. Seemed to work as it allowed for a nice kick for the final mile (8:02). Tues, 3.25 @ 8:48 avg. Hot mid-day run, but well worth it. Today, 3.25 @ 9:21 avg. Absolutely no speed at all during the early am, before work runs. At least I had negative splits..... Gonna try to up the milage on this weekend's long run to 6. Can he do it?????

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
1 mile in the pool today.

Meeting guys tomorrow for our usual Saturday morning training at Oak Mtn. Should be good weather... not as good as last week, but still good.

imagination30

to hot for Golf , to hot for a run outside, so I toned it down a little with a hot mill run today.. and my legs felt awesome ... , so it turned in to a 7.31 miler on the mill ... , I guess I got in to a groove! haha!

Kristia

Finally! A decent run! Did 6 miles and managed to keep all but the first mile under 11 min/mile for an avg pace of 10:47. Best I have done in a while. Didn't think I would do that well. I was running solo today as Dan had an engagement after work. Usually, I have a tough time going solo but today wasn't too bad.

ChristaH

Finally! A decent run! Did 6 miles and managed to keep all but the first mile under 11 min/mile for an avg pace of 10:47. Best I have done in a while. Didn't think I would do that well. I was running solo today as Dan had an engagement after work. Usually, I have a tough time going solo but today wasn't too bad.

Good for you!

My trip to the PT was great. He's a runner and understands my desire to get back out on the road quickly. He hit me with everything today...ultrasound, stretching, ASTYM, cold pack, electrical stimulation. It all felt good. No running or biking for at least another week, but I can do the elliptical to get in some cardio and my Pilates class.

-em

Got a short run outside tonight to test my 10k costume (First tutu ever) used runkeeper for the first time in months.. Apparently I need to forget Dumbo and sign up for the olympics as it said I was doing 3.10 min miles as I "ran" 6.something miles in 15ish min..

-em

bethram

6.4 miles this morning at 9:20, miles 2 and 5 seemed to drag, but I'm glad I finally got out there on a weekend. It was my first long run since the 10k I ran in mid July. We got hit with some financial issues a couple weeks ago and we've had to cancel our WDW trip for the ToT and we probably won't do the 15k in the race series we've been running so it's been hard to get motivated to get out of bed early on the weekend.

Kristia

6.4 miles this morning at 9:20, miles 2 and 5 seemed to drag, but I'm glad I finally got out there on a weekend. It was my first long run since the 10k I ran in mid July. We got hit with some financial issues a couple weeks ago and we've had to cancel our WDW trip for the ToT and we probably won't do the 15k in the race series we've been running so it's been hard to get motivated to get out of bed early on the weekend.

That stinks that you had to cancel your trip. So sorry. That would totally bum me out and take away my motivation too.

Texas84

:(

Texas84

USAF Anniversary Half at Robins AFB, Georgia this morning. SMASHED my PR I set at Disneyland last year by 14 minutes. New PR 2:19. I'm going to beat that at DL next weekend.

The Yankz laces were solid. I'll post more about them later in the equipment thread.

We had some bad storms roll through last night and it was nice and cool for the start. The sun got bad about mile 6 but this course has a lot of shade. I was hearing some strange animal noises in the woods and kept thinking, bears can't jump a 6-foot barbwire fence, can they? Probably just bullfrogs. There were no F-15s out this morning. That was a bummer.

Then it switches to a trail run from about 8.5 to 11.5 miles. Going to have to clean the mud off my shoes. I was absolutely done at the end of the trail run. The last mile was all willpower. I could barely see at the end. It was like fireworks in my eyes. I think that was due to the sun because I have my vision back now. But I was a little worried.

No running this week. Rest up for Dumbo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom