What did you do?

Kristia

USAF Anniversary Half at Robins AFB, Georgia this morning. SMASHED my PR I set at Disneyland last year by 14 minutes. New PR 2:19. I'm going to beat that at DL next weekend.

The Yankz laces were solid. I'll post more about them later in the equipment thread.

We had some bad storms roll through last night and it was nice and cool for the start. The sun got bad about mile 6 but this course has a lot of shade. I was hearing some strange animal noises in the woods and kept thinking, bears can't jump a 6-foot barbwire fence, can they? Probably just bullfrogs. There were no F-15s out this morning. That was a bummer.

Then it switches to a trail run from about 8.5 to 11.5 miles. Going to have to clean the mud off my shoes. I was absolutely done at the end of the trail run. The last mile was all willpower. I could barely see at the end. It was like fireworks in my eyes. I think that was due to the sun because I have my vision back now. But I was a little worried.

No running this week. Rest up for Dumbo!
Congrats and great job!!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Previewed the course for Saturday week (Sept 7th). Gonna be a fun course and going to live up to the race directors reputation. Hotter today and nothing like last week. Had one of our runners with us not take enough water and ran out 10 miles in. I gave him my 10 oz emergency water pod since I still had a good splash left in the 45oz's in the bladder/vest.

When we were done, we all went and submerged into a shallow flowing creek. Very cold, very awesome.

Only bad thing, I sweat so much today, it is like I never put on body glide in the lower regions. Im in some good pain. So... beer time. Sweet Water IPA tonight.

Kristia

Was going to try for 14 miles today, but just wasn't feeling it. We went out too late and it was hot. We had frozen our water bottles the night before and they weren't melting as fast as they usually do so I ended up being thirsty most of the time. Pretty ugly run. We ended up with 8 miles.

a2grafix

Ran the last Sunday training run before next weekend's Disneyland Half. Galloway called for running 3 of my scheduled 5 miles at race pace, so I did. Slowed it down a tad since this is not a 5K. Hot and sticky evening. Hardly any wind. Ran about 6 miles, just about a 10K in about an hour. Run time temp was 86F and 70-80% humidity at 7:45pm. Yeah, this is the South in August. Felt good, could have run another mile but decided against it. Finished with 2 runs through the downtown water fountains, my finishing line this summer in Hot Memphis. I was drenched but if felt so good!

Weather next weekend in Anaheim looks lovely for a summer half marathon. Hope it stays in the 60s and low 70s for the run. Hoping to squeeze in 2 or 3 short 5K runs Monday - Wednesday before hopping on that plane for Disneyland.

Ariel484

10 miles on Saturday @ 10:57. I had other plans that day so I actually managed to get out of bed at 6 and out the door by 7. I'm still shocked that I actually did that and it certainly won't be the last time - temps were only in the high 50s (!!), which felt amazing, and I got to see the sun rise over the lake. Really fantastic run. 19 miles total last week. :)

AUPr8Hd

USAF Anniversary Half at Robins AFB, Georgia this morning. SMASHED my PR I set at Disneyland last year by 14 minutes. New PR 2:19. I'm going to beat that at DL next weekend.

No running this week. Rest up for Dumbo!

Nice job on the PR. Robins is one of my goal races since I spent 3 years there growing up. Good luck at DL. The temps appear to be prime for a PR.

AUPr8Hd

3.5 miles this past Saturday. Low mileage for most. But, first real run in awhile. Nice and leisurely 11:00 overall pace. First 2.5 were at a 10:30 pace and dropped last mile down to test some things. Overall, felt good and glad to be back on the road.

No run on the schedule today. Crossfit this morning with 5x1 front squats followed by 12 minute AMRAP of front squats, pushups and double unders.

ejsanta13

6 miles yesterday @ 8:48 pace. 30 sec walk after miles 1, 3 & 5. Started off too fast w/ an 8:21 1st mile and an 8:31 2nd mile. mile 2 included a 30 sec walk also. miles 3-6 went 8:52, 9:04(30 sec walk), 8:59, 8:55(30 sec walk). All in all happy w/ the distance PR finishing strong.

Texas84

Nice job on the PR. Robins is one of my goal races since I spent 3 years there growing up. Good luck at DL. The temps appear to be prime for a PR.

It's a nice place to run. I used to run through the woods near the rec areas. The January run includes a full which is two half-marathon laps. The January run goes out around the runways but doesn't have the trail run. Fast course. I'm planning on the half since I have to skip WDW this January.

diddy_mouse

Took it easy this weekend due to, what I think, is a pulled muscle in my calf. Felt really really sore since my run on Thurs. I might have been a little overzealous in my ability, tried a short sprint on the way back and that might have been a bad idea. :depressed: Going to do some nice easy yoga today to start the week off right and hopefully stretch/relax my calf.

In other news I'm seriously considering doing one of those Zombie runs in October. Going to talk to my running buddy and see if she's want to run it with me. :)

Happy running everyone!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20+ miles then mowed the lawn. No clients today, so it's off to grocery shopping.

Also, adopted this little guy this past weekend. Sheldon, just 4 months old. And yes, he has Stormtrooper colored armor :D

image.jpg

bethram

4 miles at 8:43 this morning, a bit cooler, actually got to see some stars for the first time in a while. I'm officially deferred to the 2014 ToT :(

Ariel484

4 miles at 8:43 this morning, a bit cooler, actually got to see some stars for the first time in a while. I'm officially deferred to the 2014 ToT :(
Sorry about the deferral...:( But a late ToT is better than no ToT at all, and at least you didn't just completely lose the entry fee. I'm hoping to be at ToT in 2014 too. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

4 miles at, I don't know, a 10:30ish pace this morning on the treadmill. Last night I was afraid I was catching a cold but now I think it's more my allergies acting up or something (I looked on weather.com and we have pretty high pollen levels right now). I was completely stuffed up this morning and the run itself wasn't so great, but I felt SO much better when I was done. No stuffiness or sneezing at all, which is a nice change from how it's been yesterday and today. Running heals!

fmingo36

In Massachusetts, visiting family for a few days before the kids go back to school.
I got in my 1 1/2 hrs of yoga on Sunday morning before the 5.5 hr car ride. This morning got in a 6.25 mile run and a 2 mile walk. Weather is fantastic--starting to get a autumn feel in the air.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom