What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Night run last night. I always love to train in different types of settings and personal situations. I train on empty stomach, sort of full and I just ate a huge dinner 2 hours prior and super full. You never know when you will eat too much at an aid station or make a mistake in food intake, so might as well get use to all situations. Side stitch? No way, I got that recovery down to about 35 seconds

Gym this morning.

Short 6 in the morning.

AUPr8Hd

I am in serious need of a run "kick in the pants." I seem to have lost ALL motivation for getting out and running. I know I need to do it. But, the mix of a 1st grader, pregnant wife with "honey do's" and Crossfit are making it difficult. Not to mention, I get to add in college football games in less than 2 weeks.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
4.8 miles this morning--my head was not in it but I pushed myself to get it done.
I still have an hour of yoga/Pilates to look forward to tonight.
That a girl
20mi on the trails. Like Coryna, my head wasn't into it. Blah. Need to get to Europe and run some mountains.
My friend is running an event in the French Alps next month I think. I thought about you when he told me. Ill find out which one exactly.

Ill go run this with you. The Manaslu Mountain Trail Race. I want to see this part of the world... so why not run it. Id have to upgrade the Salomon to a small day pack. :)

diddy_mouse

2mi this morning. Humidity was pretty bad. I did notice I was like the only one out hitting the pavement which is strange because I can usually spot a small handfull of people out and about on that road. Oh well, bonus points for me I suppose. :)

I did a couple of things differently...set mini-goals for myself (ex: run to the next intersection then walk, tried running with my fuel belt (can't have the water bottle on it, bounced WAY too much and leaked on me), focused more on the distance not on the pace.

Hitting the pavement again on Thurs.

Sumrdog

My life has been busier than normal the last two weeks, but now I am getting back into my running program.
Monday I did 6.6, cleaned the house and then flew to Boston...We got delayed and didn't arrive until 3am.
Yesterday we made it to my parents. This morning I awoke at 6am and ran 5.2 around my dads house. I found a really neat old cemetery...I lived in this town for 23 years and never saw it before, the graves were from about 1840-the present. So I ran thru there. Its super hilly and humid here but I felt pretty good.
Tomorrow we are going to be tourists and hopefully I can fit a long run in Friday. Happy running everyone!

JillC LI

Swapped Thursday run with Wednesday run because I hit snooze an extra time..

I gave up hitting Snooze years ago. I found that I would rather get those 10 extra minutes of sound sleep than wake up once, fall back into a deep sleep, and then be rudely awakened a second time 10 minutes later. I just set my alarm clock for the time I actually want to get up now and don't even think about hitting Snooze.

As for me, 4.5 miles this morning. 9:56 pace. A bit warm but not awful that early.

ChristaH

What did I do? I gave up on babying my hip and made an appointment with my orthopedic. I know he is going to tell me to rest it for a couple of weeks. Although I am disappointed that I won't be able to start my 20 week training plan next week, I know 14-16 weeks of good healthy training will be better than 20 weeks of struggle. I am waiting on X-rays right now.

bethram

What did I do? I gave up on babying my hip and made an appointment with my orthopedic. I know he is going to tell me to rest it for a couple of weeks. Although I am disappointed that I won't be able to start my 20 week training plan next week, I know 14-16 weeks of good healthy training will be better than 20 weeks of struggle. I am waiting on X-rays right now.

I hope it's nothing major!

-em

got 3.1 done tonight-

Really really not liking the fact Dumbo is about a week away- I pretty much will be pulling this one out of my .... Training has been horrible and mentally so not in the game :(

Kristia

My life has been busier than normal the last two weeks, but now I am getting back into my running program.
Monday I did 6.6, cleaned the house and then flew to Boston...We got delayed and didn't arrive until 3am.
Yesterday we made it to my parents. This morning I awoke at 6am and ran 5.2 around my dads house. I found a really neat old cemetery...I lived in this town for 23 years and never saw it before, the graves were from about 1840-the present. So I ran thru there. Its super hilly and humid here but I felt pretty good.
Tomorrow we are going to be tourists and hopefully I can fit a long run in Friday. Happy running everyone!
Good for you...running on vacation! Better than me! Have a great time!
Good luck with the xrays! Hopefully it isn't serious.
got 3.1 done tonight-

Really really not liking the fact Dumbo is about a week away- I pretty much will be pulling this one out of my .... Training has been horrible and mentally so not in the game :(
Sorry your training hasn't been going well. Training for my first marathon was terrible due to an injury and I was way behind when race time came. Just go, try to have fun, and make the most of the experience. If you go in expecting the worst maybe you will surprise yourself. I finished the marathon just under the cutoff time but I finished!

ChristaH

Nothing too ugly in the X-ray (except the fat on my thighs and hips....ugh!) probably a hip flexor strain. 5 days of steroids, two weeks of rest, six weeks of PT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom