What did you do?

dreamfinder

Astoria Park Track -1. Lindsay - 0.

Running between rain showers meant the humidity was back and it kicked my butt. It was the first time I struggled to hit my 800s in 3:30 (first time doing them in since April). Most were less than 5 seconds off but I had to sprint the last 75m to get a reasonable time.
20 min w/u, 800x5 @3:30 with 3:30 ri, 20 min cool down.
I have never been so sweaty from such a short workout. I will be back in two weeks to exact my revenge!

@dreamfinder - nice time in your 5k stinks you were so close to a PR

800s can be suck, but can be a good guide to your fitness. Nothing like having a workout kick your butt, and wanting to get back at it and make it yours.

6 miles this morning in warm but not oppressive temp. My son joined me on his bike and we had a nice time. Even got to sneak in some advice about girls without him saying "moooooom." :rolleyes: Came home and cooked chocolate chip Belgian waffles for everyone. Yum.

Sounds like a yummy breakfast.

Sat was 1@8:34, 4@6:34, 1@8:34, then 20 mins of core. Sun was 17@8:06 with another 3.5 on the bike afterwards.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
22+ miles this morning after taking the weekend off.

Humidity is back.

Hopefully hitting some new trails this week to rekindle my desire. My old beach route is maddening and I have to run 50 miles of it on Saturday anyway. And my usual trails are so boring now. The Welsh mountains are calling my name...

Kristia

Back from Disney! As expected....I did not run. It was so hot and disgustingly humid. The real problem was that we were trying to do morning EMH and staying out somewhat late. I did walk the trail a little this morning but didn't have enough time to run and get cleaned up before checking out. Back to the grind this week! I am not sure if I am just spoiled because the past couple times that we have gone have been off times or what, but WDW was crazy crowded. I have been there in the summer months before but this time was by far the busiest that I have ever seen it. Trip report to come soon!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
22+ miles this morning after taking the weekend off.

Humidity is back.

Hopefully hitting some new trails this week to rekindle my desire. My old beach route is maddening and I have to run 50 miles of it on Saturday anyway. And my usual trails are so boring now. The Welsh mountains are calling my name...
Im hitting some new trails Saturday too. Have a good run Saturday.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
4 miles last night of some semi speed work. I had eaten dinner about 90 minutes before, so an 8 minute pace in 87 degree heat was about all I could do on a full stomach.

Gym this morning. Got my legs a little wobbly knee when I left. Walking up stairs, I had to use the handrail.

Happy Tuesday!

Ariel484

@Kristia - Will has sworn off summer at WDW. I know what you mean, being spoiled by low crowd levels...Marathon Weekend is nice that way. Can't wait for your report!

-----------------------

Lifting yesterday, 3 miles on the treadmill today. Finally feel back to normal after vacation. :)

ejsanta13

Sunday 5.03 miles @ 8:49. That included 2 scheduled :30 walk breaks @ miles 2 & 4. Incorporated a bit of the run/walk strategy to see how it went.

Today 3.25 mi @ 9:27. Just not feeling it this morning. A struggle just to get moving.....

LindsayLoves

Yesterday I ran home which was just under 5 miles at unknown time (my watch died at mile 2). Best that route has felt over the 4 times I have done it so far. I think I will keep it in the mix as my Monday easy run until they close the bridge to Randall's Island in October.

Today tempo 9:20, 9:26, 8:45, 8:35, 8:25 (.5mi), and 8:50 (.6mi). It was really nice to see times under 9 minutes again. I wasn't really pushing it all that hard except for that last half mile which is my least favorite half mile in the park, I was going to end my tempo at mile 4 but that hill was just asking for a butt kicking. :joyfull:

bethram

Hills this morning after doing legs yesterday plus not getting enough rest last night because we had to go to Meet and Greet for DD's class. 9:29 pace

Hopefully I'll have a chance to catch up with everyone's updates this weekend.

dreamfinder

Today was 3x1600@5:51 w/400 RI. That particular workout is almost starting to feel normal. Almost.... I start dragging towards the end of mile 3, but after a 5 min cooldown, I feel great! I like seeing people still pushing their runs, even when they don't look at their watch. It's pretty cool when you can tell what your pace is just by feel, and then confirm it with the watch afterwards.

Kristia

Was scheduled for an 8 mile run today but after not running much for the past couple weeks, I decided to play it safe and go a little shorter. We did the 5.75 mile loop around our neighborhood. First mile was tough. I felt winded nearly the entire time but eventually settled into a rhythm and felt much better. Avg pace was 10:55. Not fast but not too horrible after having been out of it for a bit. Time to work hard to get ready for my fall races!

a2grafix

After visiting my family and traveling across Ohio and then back to western Tennessee, finally got out to run Wednesday. Cool front pushed through. Sunny, breezy, 78F, bright blue skies along the Mighty Mississippi. Ran 4.25 miles in about 45 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom