What did you do?

Ariel484

Today was 3x1600@5:51 w/400 RI. That particular workout is almost starting to feel normal. Almost.... I start dragging towards the end of mile 3, but after a 5 min cooldown, I feel great! I like seeing people still pushing their runs, even when they don't look at their watch. It's pretty cool when you can tell what your pace is just by feel, and then confirm it with the watch afterwards.
Oh I did the same thing! Um...except that my 1600s were @8:57 and I did 2 of them, not 3. :oops: So really not the same...haha!
I went for a run this a.m.! :) My RunKeeper app went bizerck and said that I was running a 2 1/2 min mile! That's about 2 mph faster then the women's world record. Thanks run keeper! You know know how to make a girl feel good. :)
My watch has done that to me before trying to tell me that I'm running 5-minute miles. :p
4 miles this morning in 39:32. Third mile intervals. It was actually cold when I started!
It was in the 40s here this morning! Yesterday high of 68...love it.

----------------

Yesterday - lifting
Today - like I said above, 2x1600 @ 8:57 with one 800 jog in between...4 miles total. Really tough when I was doing it but I felt so great about myself when I was done! :)

Texas84

Another 3-5-3 Higdon work week. The nice thing about the 5 mile Wednesday is that you don't mind the T-Th 3-milers so much. Started the 3-miler this morning in a light mist and hit heavy rain at mile 2. Love running in the rain. 11 miles this Saturday, one more 3-5-3 week, Robins AFB USAF Anniversary Half the next Saturday, then rest up for Double Dumbo!

JillC LI

5 miles today. Saw the middle school track team running my route and got future thoughts of possibly my girls running cross country. That would be really fun to train with them.

It would be nice, but don't get too hung up on the concept just yet. My DD is active (on a swim team as I've mentioned) but she despises running. Oh well. She joins me on her bike sometimes though. I do love watching my son run - so smooth and fast. He plans to go out for the high school JV cross-country team this year, and also maybe for indoor track in the Fall which he has never done.

LindsayLoves

Weekly hill route 5.02 @ 9:09/mi pace. Felt some slight pain in my right heel (uh oh) on and off the first three miles which I didn't want to push too hard and then I was able to lock in the last two miles pain free at 8:52 and 8:03. Time to retire these shoes and bring my weekend shoes into the weekday shoe routine.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Pretty light mileage week. Taking it easy, and taking tomorrow off in preparation for my annual IBU 50 miler on Saturday. Basically a long training run along the beach. One of my pacers from the 500 mi will be joining me and a few others dropping in later in the run.

Back to hardcore trails training next week.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Pretty light mileage week. Taking it easy, and taking tomorrow off in preparation for my annual IBU 50 miler on Saturday. Basically a long training run along the beach. One of my pacers from the 500 mi will be joining me and a few others dropping in later in the run.

Back to hardcore trails training next week.
Dang.... when I saw this, my mind told me that you were starting a sentence off with Pretty Lights... the musician. Love that guy! Seen him live before. Great show.

Ill be honest and say that I wish this could be my first 50. Ive never run the board walk. Have a great run.

a2grafix

Mid-70s in Memphis with no humidity? In August? At noon? Yup, another perfect condition run. Ran some 4.50 miles Thursday afternoon, taking a very different route. First started with a 90-minuate massage. Had to fit in a small run in less than an hour, so I ran from the massage place up some streets I never ran up and down on, and then over to a park near the Memphis Zoo. Ran it in about 45 minutes. My lungs were happy.

Two weeks until Disneyland and the half. Getting ready.

bethram

Another 4 miles even this morning which give me 12 for the week. It was a beautiful morning for a run, relatively cool, 9:02 pace. I got startled by a dead snake on the side of the road, I believe it was a copperhead. Yuck!

ChristaH

3miles on the treadmill at the gym last night after my stretch Pilates class. Only able to run about twice a week with my bum hip flexors, but it is slowly getting better.

Kristia

4 miles @ 10:50 pace. Still kind of slow. Made the mistake of getting used to the cooler weather and decided to run later in the morning than usual. We are still off work and decide to sleep in. Temps and humidity still not too bad but boy was that sun beating down. I was so thirsty by the end of mile 3 but of course didn't bring water since it was only 4 miles today. Oh well, hoping for a good long run this weekend!

bethram

I just slept almost 11 hours, I really needed it. I woke up briefly around 6am and almost got up to run except that I hadn't folded our exercise clothes and I would have had to rummage through the laundry basket in a room where two other people were sleeping. I really need/want to get a long run in this weekend, hopefully tomorrow morning.

The beginning of the school year always kicks my butt, but this year seems worse on the exhaustion side.

Texas84

11 miles at 0700. Started with a light misting that turned into a light rain. Stayed 66F the entire run. Even felt a bit chilly at the start. Probably the strongest11 miles I've ever had thanks to the weather.

The only problem was I couldn't keep my right shoelace tied. Not sure why. I ordered some Yankz to try and stop that (.com it).

Lots of people out running this morning in the rain. Makes it more fun with others around.

a2grafix

To conclude Elvis Week 2103, me and several other Elvis fans, some in costume, ran the Elvis Presley 5K Saturday morning. Race started and finished at the gates of Graceland. Still enjoying this break from the steamy 90+ temps that are usually in Memphis this time of year. Instead, had to put on a sweatshirt before the run as it was in the upper 60s. Run time temp around 70F. A little humid, the heat and humidity is returning by midweek I hear (another midnight run in the planning for 85F at 1am).

Ran the EP 5k in 31:58. Never run through the neighborhood before. Cooled the jets a little as Sunday I'm running in another 5K, the Bardog 5K, a Downtown Memphis pub just a few blocks from my apartment. Get to sleep in a little Sunday as race isn't until 9am. Helped a first-time runner get to the finish line. She felt like "tossing her lunch" and complained she didn't want to finish, but me and a military runner friend of mine let her take the lead, we cooled our jets and she paced us the rest of the way.

Elvis Week 2013's theme was Elvis in Hawaii and his Aloha Elvis 1973 TV performance, hence a lot of leis, Hawaiian shirts, gold sunglasses with porkchop sideburns, and Elvis tribute runners in jumpsuits. Was told by the couple in the last photo the jumpsuits provided no air circulation so they were very sweaty, just like I guess some runDisney runners who decided to run in some kind of Disney costume.

Finishers received a pretty hefty EP 5k finishers medal that spun! Felt just as heavy or just about like the 2012 Tower 10 miler finishers medal. The strap was actually plastic blue leis (second photo). They go all out.

2013-08-17_07-56-21_990.jpg

2013-08-17_08-42-08_991.jpg

2013-08-17_09-43-00_548.jpg

Last edited:

JillC LI

To conclude Elvis Week 2103, me and several other Elvis fans, some in costume, ran the Elvis Presley 5K Saturday morning. Race started and finished at the gates of Graceland. Still enjoying this break from the steamy 90+ temps that are usually in Memphis this time of year. Instead, had to put on a sweatshirt before the run as it was in the upper 60s. Run time temp around 70F. A little humid, the heat and humidity is returning by midweek I hear (another midnight run in the planning for 85F at 1am).

Ran the EP 5k in 31:58. Never run through the neighborhood before. Cooled the jets a little as Sunday I'm running in another 5K, the Bardog 5K, a Downtown Memphis pub just a few blocks from my apartment. Get to sleep in a little Sunday as race isn't until 9am. Helped a first-time runner get to the finish line. She felt like "tossing her lunch" and complained she didn't want to finish, but me and a military runner friend of mine let her take the lead, we cooled our jets and she paced us the rest of the way.

Elvis Week 2013's theme was Elvis in Hawaii and his Aloha Elvis 1973 TV performance, hence a lot of leis, Hawaiian shirts, gold sunglasses with porkchop sideburns, and Elvis tribute runners in jumpsuits. Was told by the couple in the last photo the jumpsuits provided no air circulation so they were very sweaty, just like I guess some runDisney runners who decided to run in some kind of Disney costume.

Finishers received a pretty hefty EP 5k finishers medal that spun! Felt just as heavy or just about like the 2012 Tower 10 miler finishers medal. The strap was actually plastic blue leis (second photo). They go all out.

2013-08-17_07-56-21_990.jpg

2013-08-17_08-42-08_991.jpg

2013-08-17_09-43-00_548.jpg

Great race report. I LOVE the pics and how you helped support a first timer.

As for me, 7 miles this morning at 10:05 pace. Went out bit late and it was hotter than I anticipated but tolerable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom