What did you do?

imagination30

after a week of family matters and not being able to run.. finally got out this morning.. -- very sluggish .. , and it showed... 1. got chased by a little dog.. ( ankle bitter ones) , 2. it was muggy and sticky.. - and this is august for crying out loud!.. but I managed to pull out 4.01, plus lifted weights when I got home ...

Mr mom

finished the week with another 10.8 miles but the last 3 miles was pure hell, I have done some damage to a chest muscle and the run finished it off somehow. Every deeper breath felt like someone stuck a hot knife into my chest, I still cannot even cough, oh well.. two days off and hopefully back at it on Monday.

fmingo36

-Kids are out of camp, birthday parties, and family time made for a tough workout week for me. But managed a 3 mile run this morning followed by 1hr of weights. Hoping for a long run tomorrow. Vacation starts for me on Sunday (no, not Disney :cry:) so not sure what I'll get in next week either. But I'm bring my sneakers and planning on a least one good run.
Summer is flying and October (and the Hershey 1/2 marathon) will be here for I know it.

LindsayLoves

Astoria Park Track -1. Lindsay - 0.

Running between rain showers meant the humidity was back and it kicked my butt. It was the first time I struggled to hit my 800s in 3:30 (first time doing them in since April). Most were less than 5 seconds off but I had to sprint the last 75m to get a reasonable time.
20 min w/u, 800x5 @3:30 with 3:30 ri, 20 min cool down.
I have never been so sweaty from such a short workout. I will be back in two weeks to exact my revenge!

@dreamfinder - nice time in your 5k stinks you were so close to a PR

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20+ miles this morning.

Humidity was the worst to date. I could have used a soup spoon to eat my way through it...and a bread bowl.

Running hard for almost 40 miles yesterday trashed my legs.

Of it doesn't hurt, you're doing it wrong:banghead:

Mr mom

20+ miles this morning.

Humidity was the worst to date. I could have used a soup spoon to eat my way through it...and a bread bowl.

Running hard for almost 40 miles yesterday trashed my legs.

Of it doesn't hurt, you're doing it wrong:banghead:

humidity here is just as bad, can't wait for the thunder showers to come. not surprised your legs are trashed after yesterday, even for you that was a good long run

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
humidity here is just as bad, can't wait for the thunder showers to come. not surprised your legs are trashed after yesterday, even for you that was a good long run
Yeah, I had to break a mental barrier, and that means running hard AND long in order to reset my head. I might hike tomorrow, but basically taking the weekend off. Running a 50+ mile training run with two of my pacers from the 500 mile next Saturday.

JillC LI

Humidity was the worst to date. I could have used a soup spoon to eat my way through it...and a bread bowl.:banghead:

Yeah, today was by far the most humid day of the year around here. Not the hottest but the most humid. Had to walk around NYC in a suit for a seminar and run to catch a train, and it was most unpleasant. Can't imagine a workout in it.

Speaking of bread bowls, DD and I are heading to the Renaissance Faire tomorrow where our traditional lunch every year is a turkey leg for me and soup in a bread bowl for her!

fmingo36

Busy day for me, birthday parties (not party but parties!), family coming from out of state and packing for vacation but still wanted to get a run in. 6 miles at a 10:41 pace. Felt really good except I got some thigh chaffing-OUCH! I almost never run in shorts and I did, so it's my bad. Lesson learned!
Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!!!

Ariel484

Thursday - 3 miles on the treadmill before work.
Yesterday time got away from me so that ended up being my rest day.
Today - 5 miles with the middle 3 miles @ 9:36. Super tough but I felt so good when I was done...finally feeling back to normal after feeling so awful after vacation! :) Did Ab Ripper X when I got home.

Sumrdog

This week was awful worked 9 days straight. I did no running only running around. This morning I finally have a day off. I did 3.3 pretty quick for me, mile 1 @9:40, the other 2 a little bit slower.
I just picked about 10 cups of basil, 10lbs of cukes and 12 heads of dill. I plan on spending my afternoon making and freezing pesto, canning pickles and peaches. Happy Saturday everyone!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Long run for me this morning. Actually, a "not so long, long run". 8 miles. However, it is what the plan calls for and Im glad I reset and started over. In the next 2-3 weeks, I get back up into some good mileage. Its all a process.

To make this short/long run worthy, I did some hill repeats in that 8 miles up Signal Mtn across the street. So take that 8 miles. You kicked my butt, but Im the one drinking a beer right now. ;)

Last edited:

Sumrdog

We got out for probably our last white water rafting trip of the season, the river level is dropping pretty fast. It was a beautiful day the kids had a blast, I sat in the back of the raft and relaxed (which I desperately needed) while my husband did all the paddling. We go on a stretch of river that borders Glacier National Park...I am really lucky to live in such a beautiful place!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom