What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Swimming today on lunch. Upped the ante from last week. 50 laps last week. Today I did 56 in 66 minutes. 10 warm up, then 1 mile (35 laps) straight in 36 minutes, then 10 cool down. Im most proud of the 35 laps in 36 minutes.

I was going to do a training session at Oak Mtn in the lake tomorrow, then run the course or bike some, but my buddy cant find a sitter. So, Im probably going to do 1 loop of the 18 mile Hotter n Hell trail run for July 27th. Regardless, Im earning PBR's tomorrow. ;)

Kristia

Both of you have hit it on the head - he's incredibly competitive. I think that's why he'll enjoy running...he's never competed against himself before so this will be different for him. He liked being able to go over his stats in RunKeeper and was saying that on Wednesday he was trying to get his 1.5 mile time under 15 minutes. Gotta focus on the distance first, sir!

@Banzai - I've heard good things about Space Coast. I"m not surprised that you are focusing on the race AFTER Wine & Dine already - racing can be addicting.
Haha! He sounds hooked already. Pretty soon you will have him wanting to do the Dopey Challenge with you!

bethram

Just shy of 6 miles on my bike today in 29 minutes. I rode a bike path by my parents house, very different from all the mountain biking I did last weekend. I spent six hours in the car today so it felt good to be physically active.

diddy_mouse

@Ariel484 That's so awesome that your husband has started running with you! I'm sure it'll be fun when you two run a race together. :) I like what you said about distance before speed. (Something I remind myself about, ha!) Mine wants to do a race with me but he has respiratory issues which makes it hard for him. I had told him about the Everest Challenge before and some of the other 5K events. We walked a charity 5K together at a pretty decent speed but sadly I don't think I'll have him for a running partner.

topher

Ran 4 miles on the treadmill today.
Ran to a YouTube walk through of MK and a podcast.
Glad my groin pull is starting to feel a little better so I can get back in action.

Ariel484

Haha! He sounds hooked already. Pretty soon you will have him wanting to do the Dopey Challenge with you!
He definitely likes it! I think he's looking forward to his run tomorrow...I told him what you said about him doing the Dopey Challenge someday (he remembers meeting you at Kona) and he just went like this --> o_O haha! We'll see!

@Ariel484 That's so awesome that your husband has started running with you! I'm sure it'll be fun when you two run a race together. :) I like what you said about distance before speed. (Something I remind myself about, ha!) Mine wants to do a race with me but he has respiratory issues which makes it hard for him. I had told him about the Everest Challenge before and some of the other 5K events. We walked a charity 5K together at a pretty decent speed but sadly I don't think I'll have him for a running partner.

I'm looking forward to running with him! We're planning on that 4-miler I mentioned before, and we're signed up for the Jingle Jungle 5K as part of Wine & Dine weekend - REALLY looking forward to that. I'm sorry your husband's respiratory issues are such a problem...I've heard that running can sometimes be really helpful for people with asthma and cystic fibrosis, but I can definitely understand not wanting to do it with serious breathing problems. :(

-------------------------------------------------------

ETA: Oops, forgot to post this. No run today - instead we painted the ceilings in our kitchen and dining room. What fun! o_O 8-mile long run on the schedule for tomorrow!

joel_maxwell

10.23 on the trails today. A lot of climbing. 1,400 vertical, but the it was slow climbs ascended 3,144. I always felt like I was running uphill. We were previewing the 18 miler and was supposed to do the 9 mile loop. We got lost twice. I was navigating. ;)

Anyway, it was a good training day, but rolled my ankle very badly. Worst that I have ever done on my left ankle. It is always the left. I think it will be fine in a day or two, but it is really sore, really swollen and it better be healed by next Saturday. Tri time.

Mr mom

10.23 on the trails today. A lot of climbing. 1,400 vertical, but the it was slow climbs ascended 3,144. I always felt like I was running uphill. We were previewing the 18 miler and was supposed to do the 9 mile loop. We got lost twice. I was navigating. ;)

Anyway, it was a good training day, but rolled my ankle very badly. Worst that I have ever done on my left ankle. It is always the left. I think it will be fine in a day or two, but it is really sore, really swollen and it better be healed by next Saturday. Tri time.

Oh crap, hope it is alright, lots of ice, then heat and alternate again etc. get that swelling down...

bethram

4.11 miles at 8:47 pace. Slower than normal, but the heat and humidity of the Florida Panhandle is more intense than the heat and humidity of the Atlanta area. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I get to New Orleans tomorrow and need to run. The side of my foot is still sore from the fall on my bike Monday, but it only hurts when I run and is nothing compared to what Nick has endured over the past 9.5 days.

joel_maxwell

Oh crap, hope it is alright, lots of ice, then heat and alternate again etc. get that swelling down...
It feels surprisingly ok today. Stiff, sore, but not near what I thought it would be. It will be fine. We all know you cant lived "scared" and i twisted it on an easy section. So, it can happen at anytime. Better on the trail then walking out of Target. LOL

I hope you heal quickly, Joel!
Thanks Beth. If I HAD to run on it today, I could, so by Saturday it will probably be fine. Non factor.

joel_maxwell

4.11 miles at 8:47 pace. Slower than normal, but the heat and humidity of the Florida Panhandle is more intense than the heat and humidity of the Atlanta area. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I get to New Orleans tomorrow and need to run. The side of my foot is still sore from the fall on my bike Monday, but it only hurts when I run and is nothing compared to what Nick has endured over the past 9.5 days.
Hope you heal fast too. We are all banged up right now. Ill be running in FL this month and looking forward to a good breeze coming over the Fort Morgan pan handle.

Ariel484

8 miles this morning... pace was about 30 seconds slower than my marathon goal pace. I probably shoudl have gone a bit slower, maybe 15-30 seconds/mile? Temperature was mid-low 70s and sunny, luckily there were clouds overhead. Pretty tough run, but I think a lot of that had to do with being somewhat wiped from 6 hours of painting ceilings yesterday. But it's done (both the ceilings and the run)! Yay.

Also, I need to find one of those "work your way up to a 5-minute plank in 30 days" plans to work on my core strength. I think that would help me a lot.

Texas84

Wow, everyone listen to your body and get well! I got in to some yard chemicals last week and have been home with really bad sinus issues. But I'm clear to start Dumbo training this week! Going with the Higdon Half Novice 2 plan.

Sumrdog

I mowed a 1/2 acre of knee high grass with an 18 inch push mower it was difficult, my husband wouldn't even attempt it because the mower would jam and shut off about every 6 feet, he doesn't have the patience...I think I must have used 1000 calories muscling that thing around. I got my entire garden planted, beans, squash, another round of greens, broccoli, cabbage, chard, kale and melons. I spread 15 bags of mulch, and I fixed the hole in my chicken coop fence. Now I am going for a run.

I am glad I got all that done since I have to work 11 days in a row beginning Tuesday and tomorrow is supposed to rain...

Mr mom

I mowed a 1/2 acre of knee high grass with an 18 inch push mower it was difficult, my husband wouldn't even attempt it because the mower would jam and shut off about every 6 feet, he doesn't have the patience...I think I must have used 1000 calories muscling that thing around. I got my entire garden planted, beans, squash, another round of greens, broccoli, cabbage, chard, kale and melons. I spread 15 bags of mulch, and I fixed the hole in my chicken coop fence. Now I am going for a run.

I am glad I got all that done since I have to work 11 days in a row beginning Tuesday and tomorrow is supposed to rain...

Wow, I'm tired from just reading that... I planted beets and beans today

Sumrdog

Wow, I'm tired from just reading that... I planted beets and beans today
Weren't you the one who was hand splitting a cord of wood :) ? Yippee for garden time!!!

Just ran 3.35 at my goal marathon pace 10:44. I am hoping to get a longer run in tomorrow...

Mr mom

Weren't you the one who was hand splitting a cord of wood :) ? Yippee for garden time!!!

Just ran 3.35 at my goal marathon pace 10:44. I am hoping to get a longer run in tomorrow...

Yeah but I took today off to garden, I have gotten about 2 and a half cord cut and split so far, almost enough for next winter. my rib is starting to feel better and my muscle pull seems to have mended itself as well. lol

Sumrdog

Yeah but I took today off to garden, I have gotten about 2 and a half cord cut and split so far, almost enough for next winter. my rib is starting to feel better and my muscle pull seems to have mended itself as well. lol
That's awesome...we haven't even started collecting next winters wood. But when we do get it home we will be using the hydraulic splitter. Doing that by hand is hard work! I am exhausted enough just from helping load all the cut rounds in the truck. We heat primarily with wood and usually need 2-3 cords a winter. A lot of people don't understand how much work it is...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom