What did you do?

Mr mom

Thanks. Isabeau kept telling me I stunk and Rivers didnt want me to holder her because I was sweaty. Sharing the love. LOL

Nice pic, and yeah I know the love feeling, when I come home from a long run my wife immediately says , don't sit anywhere, and the kids want to know why daddy gets so stinky.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Nice pic, and yeah I know the love feeling, when I come home from a long run my wife immediately says , don't sit anywhere, and the kids want to know why daddy gets so stinky.
Yep, I have to go sit on the porch to recover. One of the benefits of winter running.... less sweat.

fmingo36

Amazing weekend of racing everyone. I really enjoyed reading everyone's reports. Sorry about the few injuries, but it doesn't sound like any are major, and you haven't let them stop you. A2grafix, very moving how you helped your fellow racers. Nice that they recognized the you and your fellow veterans after the race.

Yay!!! I'm so psyched to meet you gals. Since it looks like you'll both be running with your hubbies, hopefully it'll be okay if I tag along. My hubby will most definitely NOT be running. lol. Kudos to you for going 3.5 miles after such a break. Glad to hear you had no pain afterwards - hopefully the break served you well. I actually had one of those really sluggish runs yesterday too (4.4 miles) after a monster-sized dinner and drinks at the Melting Pot the night before. :p But every time I started to complain in my head, I also though of Nick. I've been obsessed with checking his progress on facebook. What an inspiration.

Of course you are running with us!

Sumrdog

She already wants to go running with me. Im going to let her get a little older, then Ill get her out for 1/2 mile and 1 mile fun "slow" runs. She really wants to do the Triathlon thing too. They have a good kid versions here with the adult events. 50 yard swim, 1/2 mile bike and a few hundred yard run.

You are so right to try and make those runs "fun". I had a disastrous 1.5 mile run with my 5 year old last week, each kid is different but he really doesn't like to work hard. So now I have to go back to the shorter distances and try to entice him some how. But he has it in his head that he doesn't like running now...

On the other hand my 10 year old daughter is going to do her first triathlon in July she is super excited. Its going to be a 150 yard swim, 3 mile bike and 1 mile run... And in 3 and a half years and she will be old enough to do the Princess Half with me and she can't wait to do it! I wish my mom had gotten me into some type of sport when I was a kid, I didn't figure out that I could be a runner until I was 33 years old. That will not happen with my kids!

bethram

3.9 miles this morning at an easy 8:48 pace. I fell off my mountain bike on Monday afternoon and I think I pulled something in the side of my foot to go along with the trail rash on the side of my leg. It doesn't hurt too much, but running downhill especially combined with turns into that side did feel very good.

dreamfinder

Speed work today, 6x400@1:22, w/90 sec RI and 5 min warmup/cooldown periods. Should have done more but was going to be late for work. Stupid snooze on the alarm clock

Sumrdog

Finally got up before work at 5:30 to run successfully! 5 miles at 10:45. I was having a great run until my dog and I encountered the neighbors 5 horses loose and stampeding towards us down the road. My Pointer Otis is so good though, a few stern "No's" and he stuck right beside me as we tried to give the horses a wide berth. So that slowed our pace for a few minutes.
Now I am off to mandatory self defense training, a sad necessity of being an ER nurse...

fmingo36

Forgot to post from Saturday: The family came. Well, Sam was dropping the kids off and she was heading to the barn to ride. Isabeau wanted a rock from the creek for her rock collection and Rivers just wanted to say hello to everyone.

View attachment 28927

ADORABLE! Now you need to bring them to Disney for a Kids Race. My girls loved participating in them. Cute medal and t-shirt-best souvenir we got!

JillC LI

Thanks. Isabeau kept telling me I stunk and Rivers didnt want me to holder her because I was sweaty. Sharing the love. LOL

Yeah, my hubby and kids act like I have the plague when I come home from a run. They don't seem to find it the least bit amusing when I offer up sweaty hugs!

I wish my mom had gotten me into some type of sport when I was a kid, I didn't figure out that I could be a runner until I was 33 years old. That will not happen with my kids!

Same here. I started slowly at age 26 and fully committed to running at age 36. I love that my kids see how important running and staying healthy is to me, and I think it has rubbed off on them as well. My DS13 loves all sports including running (and beating my !), and DD11 has finally found her niche in swimming. As my DD is approaching teenage years, and her friends are getting very focused on body image, I find it very helpful to be able to focus on keeping her body healthy and strong rather than having a model's figure which almost no one has.

joel_maxwell

ADORABLE! Now you need to bring them to Disney for a Kids Race. My girls loved participating in them. Cute medal and t-shirt-best souvenir we got!
THANKS. I love Rivers face. Its just a "Where's the good stuff?" or "*Let me just work that right and I could snake his beer without him knowing*" look.

Soon enough... soon enough on the races with them. :)

Mr mom

Yeah, my hubby and kids act like I have the plague when I come home from a run. They don't seem to find it the least bit amusing when I offer up sweaty hugs!

Same here. I started slowly at age 26 and fully committed to running at age 36. I love that my kids see how important running and staying healthy is to me, and I think it has rubbed off on them as well. My DS13 loves all sports including running (and beating my !), and DD11 has finally found her niche in swimming. As my DD is approaching teenage years, and her friends are getting very focused on body image, I find it very helpful to be able to focus on keeping her body healthy and strong rather than having a model's figure which almost no one has.

I was 41 when I started, well this time. I ran in high school for about 2 years when I played soccer but not like this. I used to speed walk about a dozen years ago but about 4 years ago I started my current round of exercise that has lead to my regular running. My brother in law has since switched to walking as he has shot his knees etc but he used to run full marathons for about 10 years until his mid 50's. Like me he was older when he started.

Mr mom

did my first timing since I have started back up, not bad but definitely slow for me. still have that annoying rib bruise as well. But all in all I can live with it. 8.1 at an 8.34 pace

joel_maxwell

10 miles on the bike this morning around the neighborhood.

Looks like the hard work the rabbits put in in the off season paid off. There are endless bunnies on the edge of the brush and woods outside the neighborhood. Congrats guys.

JillC LI

3.85 miles this morning. Some fartlekking occurred. Teehee.

My kids are finally old enough this summer that I feel fully comfortable going outside to run early on a weekday knowing that my hubby will have to leave for work before I get home. It's only light enough for me to feel safe myself doing that from May-August so I'm taking advantage of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom