What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I mowed a 1/2 acre of knee high grass with an 18 inch push mower it was difficult, my husband wouldn't even attempt it because the mower would jam and shut off about every 6 feet, he doesn't have the patience...I think I must have used 1000 calories muscling that thing around. I got my entire garden planted, beans, squash, another round of greens, broccoli, cabbage, chard, kale and melons. I spread 15 bags of mulch, and I fixed the hole in my chicken coop fence. Now I am going for a run.

I am glad I got all that done since I have to work 11 days in a row beginning Tuesday and tomorrow is supposed to rain...
WOW... I love yard work. So, when are you hosting the wdwmagic runners section feast. Im good for most Saturdays nights! :D

Sumrdog

WOW... I love yard work. So, when are you hosting the wdwmagic runners section feast. Im good for most Saturdays nights! :D
A feast would be so fun! I love yard work too and I am a compulsive gardener, I have a table at the farmers market on Fridays in the summer. We sell our chickens eggs and my veggies. It's not really a money maker but I think it's important to provide local foods in our community. I wish my only job was to work on my little farm, it's way more satisfying than nursing :)

JillC LI

NOT ready for summer weather yet. Yesterday's 7 miles were in 80 degrees and high humidity. Hated it but pleased I kept a 10:11 pace in it. The family went running for cover when I walked in the front door, and I made a puddle all the way to the shower. Was still sweating after I came out of the shower even after standing under cold water for 10 minutes.

Glad to hear everyone's injuries are healing. How'd the horse show go Kristi?

Kristia

NOT ready for summer weather yet. Yesterday's 7 miles were in 80 degrees and high humidity. Hated it but pleased I kept a 10:11 pace in it. The family went running for cover when I walked in the front door, and I made a puddle all the way to the shower. Was still sweating after I came out of the shower even after standing under cold water for 10 minutes.

Glad to hear everyone's injuries are healing. How'd the horse show go Kristi?
After a rocky start, it went really well! Our horses (especially my husband's) was especially spooky when we got to the stable. There wasn't much activity, so I am not sure why? Actually, I kind of know why. Probably feeding off Dan's anxiety about his first show. Theoden (hubby's horse) was tied to the trailer, spooked and broke his halter and went running. Luckily he ran to the barn and not to the road. He stopped to say hi to horses in a paddock near the barn and we were able to catch him. Also lucky, the owner of the barn also repairs saddles, tack, etc and was able to replace the broken halter buckle. After that chaos, everything else went smoothly! Going to running events is so much more relaxing than hoping a 1500+ lb animal wants to cooperate with you that day!

This week should be a better week for running in NY/NJ with the storms that came through last night!

Sumrdog

I just did 5.1 miles of speed intervals on the treadmill because its raining outside. I really don't like the treadmill, it's so boring. And just to up my level torture I watched Anthony Bourdain eat bacon cheeseburgers, which are decidedly not a part of my current vegan most of the time diet.

joel_maxwell

After a rocky start, it went really well! Our horses (especially my husband's) was especially spooky when we got to the stable. There wasn't much activity, so I am not sure why? Actually, I kind of know why. Probably feeding off Dan's anxiety about his first show. Theoden (hubby's horse) was tied to the trailer, spooked and broke his halter and went running. Luckily he ran to the barn and not to the road. He stopped to say hi to horses in a paddock near the barn and we were able to catch him. Also lucky, the owner of the barn also repairs saddles, tack, etc and was able to replace the broken halter buckle. After that chaos, everything else went smoothly! Going to running events is so much more relaxing than hoping a 1500+ lb animal wants to cooperate with you that day!

This week should be a better week for running in NY/NJ with the storms that came through last night!
Yes! I go visit my favorite Clydesdale and when Im loving on her nose and she nudges my hands to keep rubbing on her, sometimes she gets into my body and about knocks me over. Not meaning too of course. :)

bethram

6.24 miles on my bike in under 30 minutes in my sister's neighborhood. My foot now hurts more than just when I run so I'm trying to stay off of it.

Ariel484

Hope everyone is feeling a bit better this week! @bethram , sorry to hear about the foot pain. @Kristia - glad the show went well overall! Maybe Dan's horse just had stage fright. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday was lifting (decreased the reps and increased the weight for almost everything) and today was 3 miles on the treadmill. I found the following workout on Runner's World and decided that maybe it would help me get in some hill training for the marathon I signed up for:

90 seconds at 6% incline (marathon race pace)
1 minute recovery flat jog
60 seconds at 7% incline (marathon race pace)
2 minutes recovery flat jog

I ran 1 mile normally to warm up and then started the hill intervals. Originally I was planning to do the above sequence 4 times, but HOLY CRAP am I not in shape for that! :confused: I got 2 sequences in successfully and my legs feel like jelly. Originally I wasn't going to do this workout every week but now I think I need to make each Tuesday hill day. Yowza.

Also, yesterday I emailed a contact person for the Cleveland FANtastic 4-miler and found out they aren't holding the race this year. :( Very disappointing...it must have been too hard to do logistically and/or lost them money. I'm glad I got to do it once. My husband is a little disappointed as that was his goal race, so now we're going to look for a 5K around us instead. Running's going well for him - yesterday he did 1.75 miles @ 10:01. :)

JillC LI

Yes! I go visit my favorite Clydesdale and when Im loving on her nose and she nudges my hands to keep rubbing on her, sometimes she gets into my body and about knocks me over. Not meaning too of course. :)

When I rode in college, a horse broke my nose, not meaning too of course. LOL. I had just removed her saddle and was holding it in one arm while fiddling with the stall latch with the other hand, and the horse turned around and the force of her body accidentally pushed the saddle up into my nose and broke it! I can't even say I broke it doing something cool while riding. :) Happily, though, that was my worst riding injury.

Glad the show went well Kristi despite the attempted get-away!

joel_maxwell

3 miles this morning on a make-up No Watch Monday. Gave my ankle an extra day to heal up. Didnt seem to bother me this morning. Still swollen, but i think that is just trapped fluids. Flexibility almost completely back. Should be 90%+ by Saturday if not 100%

Just curious, Im not wanting to make this thread into a "Sell Your Crap" thread, but does anyone have some gear they want to sell or get rid of. Example, I have a Polar RS100 running watch with Heart rate monitor chest strap. $100 retail, and I used for about 9 months. If anyone is looking to get a good beginner watch, Im selling for $50 + shipping (depends on how fast you want it). Served me well.

joel_maxwell

When I rode in college, a horse broke my nose, not meaning too of course. LOL. I had just removed her saddle and was holding it in one arm while fiddling with the stall latch with the other hand, and the horse turned around and the force of her body accidentally pushed the saddle up into my nose and broke it! I can't even say I broke it doing something cool while riding. :) Happily, though, that was my worst riding injury.

Injuries are always the silliest things. Most of my main injuries are not doing anything glamourous or even the most technical part of the run. It is the parts that are easy, and I mentally shut down for 3 seconds.

Kristia

Luckily (knock on wood), I have never had a riding or horse-related injury. I have fallen a couple of times but never hurt anything. The worst one was when I was 11 and the horse bucked me off and I had the wind knocked out of me. My friend and I were out trailriding and I had to get back on to get home. I don't even remember being scared about it. Just brushed myself off and got back on. Geez...11 years old, out trailriding, no helmet, no adults. Its a wonder I survived lol!

Ariel484

Haha! Maybe he did! Sorry to hear your 4 mile race isn't being held. Hopefully you can find an equally fun race to replace it.

I know! So sad. I did find this one that sounds sort of similar...and kind of confusing!

http://hermescleveland.com/roadracing/events/insidetheparkhomerun.asp

It seems like it could be fun or kind of a mess with the 4 different options going on at the same time.

The good news is that Will is still continuing to run even with the 4-miler being canceled! Yay! :)

Kristia

Yesterday - Day 1 of my fall marathon training plan! Did 3 miles at about 11:00 pace. Had to make myself get out and run after an afternoon of hauling hay and raking out our horse paddock. I made myself do it though since I didn't want to skip out on day 1. Seemed like bad luck! Glad I got out there even if I was a little sluggish! Today calls for cross training but since we are going to be hauling and stacking more hay, I think that will be my workout today!

Mr mom

My rib still hurts and being back at work has not helped it but I decided I needed to run as I have not for 5 days. So my rib hurts a little more but I put down 9.3 miles at an 8.14 pace. My rib hurts but my mind is jumping for joy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom