What did you do?

Mr mom

8.1 hard miles.. my whole body is aching from over 2 hours with the chainsaw yesterday, every step was met with an ache somewhere on my body. All that in a soggy and balmy 55 degrees. If the rain lets up a ittle I will be back out with the saw again today. Then comes the real fun... splitting it. I don't cheat on that I have a splitting maul, everything done by hand, great exercise.

Sumrdog

8.1 hard miles.. my whole body is aching from over 2 hours with the chainsaw yesterday, every step was met with an ache somewhere on my body. All that in a soggy and balmy 55 degrees. If the rain lets up a ittle I will be back out with the saw again today. Then comes the real fun... splitting it. I don't cheat on that I have a splitting maul, everything done by hand, great exercise.
Gosh I feel like splitting and stacking using the wood splitter is a huge effort by itself. Usually I can't move after a "wood day." Splitting it by hand is impressive.

JillC LI

5 miles on the treadmill...pure torture! I kept speeding it up, then slowing it down, I just couldn't find the right pace. I woke up to 3 inches of heavy wet snow so I didn't want to run outside, the tree branches were snapping from the weight...Ugh! Last week it was 80 degrees and sunny. Spring time in the Rockies is so unpredictable.

Whereabouts in the Rockies do you live? I've been to the Canadian Rockies and they were gorgeous.

JillC LI

Hey, where's Nick's update thread? Did I miss it somewhere? I've caught a few updates on his facebook page at home, but I don't have access to that from work. GO NICK!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Hey, where's Nick's update thread? Did I miss it somewhere? I've caught a few updates on his facebook page at home, but I don't have access to that from work. GO NICK!
Ill start one now. I was going to post in here, but I think 500 miles deserves its own thread. :)

Ariel484

5 miles on the treadmill...pure torture! I kept speeding it up, then slowing it down, I just couldn't find the right pace. I woke up to 3 inches of heavy wet snow so I didn't want to run outside, the tree branches were snapping from the weight...Ugh! Last week it was 80 degrees and sunny. Spring time in the Rockies is so unpredictable.

SNOW?! UGH. That sucks. Great job on the 5-miler...I think that's about my limit on the treadmill.

-----------------------------------------------------

Lifting for me this morning. The main move I was supposed to focus on was deadlifts, which were challenging, but by far the hardest thing for me today was lunges while holding dumbbells. It made me realize how weak my legs have gotten. I'm definitely going to make a better effort to stick to lifting...I'm sure it will really help with running!

imagination30

anice 64 degrees this morning .. with a light headwind , when runing into it! .lol . but non the less .. 6.13 miles today .. , the weather was pefect... just hope it will stay this way for my 10k monday!:)

Sumrdog

Whereabouts in the Rockies do you live? I've been to the Canadian Rockies and they were gorgeous.
Northwest Montana right near Glacier National Park. It's quite lovely here, but the weather can be unpredictable. But I cannot complain too much, we don't have tornadoes or hurricanes.

Sumrdog

Just did 5.5 miles outside in the sunshine 52 degrees and no wind...huge improvement from yesterday's weather! I did my best pace in 2 years too 10:32! I am amazed by those of you who can run a mile in under 10 minutes for miles and miles. I just am not fast, but I am getting faster...I wasn't born athletic and graceful, I am sure my gait reflects that ;) but I am working on it and I shaved about 30 secs off each mile on average today so I will take it!

joel_maxwell

Swimming on lunch break today. Man, Im not sure if it was my snake bitten morning that fired me up to turn it around, or a friend of mine running 500 miles, but I swam 50 laps in 60 minutes today. 5 slow warm up, 5 in a row, 10 in a row, 20 in a row and then 10 in a row to finish it out. I wanted to swim more, but that thing called work was waiting at the office.

Memorial day 12 mile trail run tomorrow with some sweet prizes for placing and door prizes. Ill be enjoying a refreshing PBR before noon tomorrow.

Mr mom

8 miles this afternoon so I wouldn't have to do it in the pouring rain tomorrow morning. 9:58 pace and felt strong.

I always like the feeling I get after pushing past the 8 mile mark, makes me feel like I truly accomplished something. That distance for me is a bellweather of how I am feeling. Anything over 13 is considered an awesome day for me.

Texas84

Edge Fitness 5K today. Perfect 55F at start and sunny. Wasn't real happy with my time but I broke 30 minutes. Beating 30 minutes has been my goal for years and now I want to go faster. Chick-fil-a Series 10K Monday. Going to do three runs in that series.

diddy_mouse

I have been slacking this week and I'm not proud of it. :oops: Good thing is I've been doing my cross-training, I just haven't gotten back on the treadmill. I did find a training plan I want to use to increase my running intervals...new goal is to run nonstop!

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

joel_maxwell

Memorial Day Weekend trail run. (2) 6 mile loops. 2:24:14 finishing time. 1,900 vert feet climbed. It was a pretty good little climbing 6 mile course. 4,018 ascended and 4123 descended.

Overall, great morning with a cool breeze on top of Oak Mtn park.

bethram

We had the Holly Springs Memorial Day 5K for the Volunteer Fire Department this morning and the entire family ran. For the second weekend in a row all of us finished with PRs. DH hit the 10 minute mile at 32:40, DD9 broke 30 minutes at 29:30, and I finished in 24:27 (7:47 pace.) DS5 ran the 1K Fun Run all by himself, the first time I didn't run with him.

This was the race I wanted to place in my age group. Towards the middle of the first mile I saw that there were only 2 girls in front of me, both about 7 or 8. About the time I passed one of them (never caught the other) I discovered there was a lady coming up behind me. We went back and forth a couple times, I had her on the hills, but she'd catch up afterwards. The last time she caught up was maybe 0.5 miles from the finish and in my head I said "No, I don't think so!" and turned it up a notch. She ended up finishing about 6 seconds after me and we had a nice chat and congratulated each other at the table where you fill out your race cards.

It turns out there was a teenage girl up in front of me that I didn't see, she got first place overall, the little girl got the second place overall I thought I'd get and the girl I did pass got third overall. I ended up getting first place overall in the Women's Masters Division. I'm happy for the first, but what gives, I'm only 39 and not old enough for Masters! Thanks to all the little girls getting Overall medals, DD9 got 3rd place in the 10 and Under division!

Here's all four of us:

Here's DD and I with our bling:

I also found out that both DD and I placed 2nd in our age groups at last Sunday's 5k, but we hadn't stayed for the awards because it was raining and we were cold and didn't think we'd earned anything. I still need to go by our local running store to pick them up.

Kristia

Husband and I ran the Spring Lake 5 Miler today. Spring Lake is pretty affluent shore community in NJ and had quite a bit of damage due to Hurricane Sandy. We saw a lot of houses along the beach front that had some major damage. The weather was not the best while waiting for the beginning of the race. It was cold, windy and we had some light pelting rain. Once we got started and away from the beach though it was great. The rain turned to a mist and the cool weather was perfect for running.

We both PR for this race today! It was my 3rd time running and beat my previous best time by 2 minutes! Woohoo! Official results aren't up but my Garmin said finish time was 51:07 with a 10:05 pace. Dan beat his previous time by 3 minutes and finished in just under 50 min.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom