What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
24 miles with my pacer on the trails.

A PR for me on my regular trails, or anywhere: I ran the last 5 miles (10 min pace for the first 19 miles) at a 6 min pace, finishing the 'orange trail' loop in 30 mins flat. Hills and all. I felt good afterwards. When I got home I felt like puking.

Also, my pacer caught two people having sex just a few feet from the trail...that's a new one.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

A PR for me on my regular trails, or anywhere: I ran the last 5 miles (10 min pace for the first 19 miles) at a 6 min pace, finishing the 'orange trail' loop in 30 mins flat. Hills and all. I felt good afterwards. When I got home I felt like puking.

Also, my pacer caught two people having sex just a few feet from the trail...that's a new one.
I cant believe sex didnt get edited in the filter. That is really funny though. Probably teenagers.... or maybe a married couple spicing things up in a granola kind of way. *looks around*

Nice pace Bro. 6min is almost full sprint. Maybe it is for your short legs! :D I kid I kid!

Mr mom

awesome, congrats... this is why you are the man... As to the folks in the woods, it takes all kinds to make the world go around

Mr mom

easy 7.1 miles today at about an 8 minute pace, just a nice way to end the run week. Not sure how much I will get in next week, 5 days of meetings

JillC LI

He said it was an older couple...apparently enjoying some trailmix...

More power to 'em! LOL

As for me, quick 3 miles on the TM this morning. Did 2.5 of those miles at 8:58 pace which is pretty darn fast for me. I was actually pushing myself because I needed to burn off some angry energy - the kind of angry you can only get when one of your children is being treated unfairly - Mama Bear type angry. It helped, at least temporarily. It's hard when you can't protect your children from all the injustices in the world.

(Nick, I'm not entirely sure if I could do a single mile at 6 min let alone five miles. Nice job!)

Kristia

More power to 'em! LOL

As for me, quick 3 miles on the TM this morning. Did 2.5 of those miles at 8:58 pace which is pretty darn fast for me. I was actually pushing myself because I needed to burn off some angry energy - the kind of angry you can only get when one of your children is being treated unfairly - Mama Bear type angry. It helped, at least temporarily. It's hard when you can't protect your children from all the injustices in the world.

(Nick, I'm not entirely sure if I could do a single mile at 6 min let alone five miles. Nice job!)
Hey! You better slow down or else I won't be able to keep up with you for the Hershey Half! ;) Registration starts Wednesday!

Texas84

5K in Reynolds, Georgia this morning. Another PR, 28:54. Very flat out-and-back past peach groves and farmland. Perfect weather, low humidity and 60F.

The start was at the city ball fields and a girl's softball tournament started right before the race. The mayor made a short speech, the high school ROTC color guard marched out with the US and Georgia flags, and a woman did a very nice rendition of the National Anthem. Gotta love small town USA.

Off to mow the lawn!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Crazylegs 8k in Madison, WI this morning. It's a huge race, with like 50+ small corrals. We were in Corral RR, as we had not run that race previously.

We finished the 5.18 miles with a 10:47 pace, which is pretty standard for us. It felt good to run almost all of it, and we seem to have shaken off the bad mojo from last weekend's bad race, which had us questioning everything.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Saturday: 10 Miles biked, then ran 1 mile just to see what its like in my Tri shorts. Wow, Im glad I practiced this. Nothing really weird with the shorts, but since I was use to pumping my legs on the bike, I went out and ran that 1 mile at a 6:30 pace. It was like it felt natural, since that is the pace (leg rotation) I was cycling, but I will have to be conscious of that on race day.

Sunday: 10 miles on road. Bad storms all morning and didnt want to get stuck in the woods if a lightning storm popped up. Besides, I still need to respect my Tri's coming up in a month and be smart.

LindsayLoves

9 miles at an easy pace to get to the race location and then a 4 mile race at 8:45/mile. Only had about fifteen minutes of "rest" between the 9 miles and race to drop my bag off, stop at port a potties, and get into my corral. I had plans of filling up my water bottle but I found the only non-working fountain in Central Park so I had to stop at every water station during the race which is not usual for me in a race that short.

Kristia

9 miles at an easy pace to get to the race location and then a 4 mile race at 8:45/mile. Only had about fifteen minutes of "rest" between the 9 miles and race to drop my bag off, stop at port a potties, and get into my corral. I had plans of filling up my water bottle but I found the only non-working fountain in Central Park so I had to stop at every water station during the race which is not usual for me in a race that short.
Awesome! Running 9 miles and then doing a race!? Way to bring it!!

dreamfinder

Sat was 1 mi easy up/down with 5@6:48? in the middle. Can't remember pace right now, but it was sub 7. Sun was 17mi, 7@7:53 then 10@7:47. Looking forward to shifting some of this outside once schedules clear up a bit.

Always good to see everyone putting on the miles. Keep it up!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom