What did you do?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Just saw this article - very sad. I was more surprised by the number of people who went to the hospital from the race total than I was by the one death, awful as that was. I mean you expect some cuts and bruises from a Tough Mudder, but not for 20 people to wind up in the hospital.
http://www.runnersworld.com/races/man-dies-after-tough-mudder-race

I'll say this about Tough Mudder. I ran it last year, and it is very well done. It's well manned, and they have a lot of safety precautions on hand. However, I almost had a bad experience with the same obstacle. I ran with a fellow Officer last year. When we got to "walk the plank", which is the obstacle referenced, they have groups of people in a line jump at the "same" time.

What I'm saying is that they get a line of people, and they shout "go!", and people trickle into the pool below. My friend was a half step ahead of me and just to my left. He fell to his right, and I to my left. He hit the water, and I landed right on top of him pushing him down. That could have gone bad in a hurry.

Makes me wonder if TM will get rid of the signs you see everywhere on the course that state "Remember you signed a death waiver."

dreamfinder

Speed work on the TM. 1200, 1000, 800, 600, 400 all at 5:44 or faster with 200 RIs. 800 warm up and cool down. Felt like my legs were shot by the time I got to the 400, but felt great 5 mins later.

Sucks to hear about the Tough Mudder death. I'd say the TM events are second hardest after the Spartan Series events. But any event where you have obstacles, you end up with chaos. With any luck, they will rethink some of the water obstacles.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Lifted weights this morning on my legs and some upper body. Work continues for my goal in Fall and early 2014.

Trails tomorrow. Looks like rain today.... that should be fun.

imagination30

Good luck. Have you run this course before? I did it 2 years ago. I wish it was going to be cooler for you guys.

this is my first time runing Nashville , but i had a friend who ran it last year and said she walked most of it ! .. but i plan to run the Majority! or run / jog when i get tired bc if i stop my legs and walk i tend to have a harder time geting back to a run!

joel_maxwell

this is my first time runing Nashville , but i had a friend who ran it last year and said she walked most of it ! .. but i plan to run the Majority! or run / jog when i get tired bc if i stop my legs and walk i tend to have a harder time geting back to a run!
When you get to mile 2 marker, and you take a right, then you start going back uphill, that goes till mile 6ish. Awesome stretch if you like hills. If you dont, save your legs. The rest of the course is mostly flat after that climb.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
25 yesterday

20+ today and yoga a few minutes ago. My pacer happens to be a yoga instructor and has been trying to get me into one of his classes. Def beneficial for stretching and flexability. Awkward being the only dude...Mrs. Storm Trooper might not approve lol.

Texas84

25 yesterday

20+ today and yoga a few minutes ago. My pacer happens to be a yoga instructor and has been trying to get me into one of his classes. Def beneficial for stretching and flexability. Awkward being the only dude...Mrs. Storm Trooper might not approve lol.

You're on a whole other level from me, but there is no doubt that the stretching, yoga, and cardio I'm doing have made me more flexible. And faster! I'm still a slowpoke but I've gone from a 11-12 pace to a sub-10 pace since I started about four months ago. You're going to get real sick of hearing 'down dog' and 'up dog' though. :D

joel_maxwell

25 yesterday

True, the view in downward dog can be nice. (Ok ladies, sue me, Im a guy! ;))

Mr mom

11.2 miles today, my distance is ebbing as the week goes on, go figure. Still a good week though, low 40's most of the week which is nice for us.

JillC LI

8 miles yesterday at 9:55 pace. Felt good in the 60 degree weather with a breeze.

Awkward being the only dude...Mrs. Storm Trooper might not approve lol.

I took dance classes from age 2-16. My dad said at every recital that he wished he could learn to tap dance. When I was about 15, my dance studio started an adult beginners tap class, and he joined! He was the only man in the class and he absolutely loved everything about it. The adults all had kids who took classes at the dance studio so they called themselves "the Mamas and the Papa." LOL. It was great seeing HIM perform in the recital at the end of the year!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom