What did you do?

LindsayLoves

Nice 5 miles at 8:45 pace. Legs were tired from only one day off since doing 13 on Sunday and apparently my attempt to ween myself away from the daily allergy medication was a bust - just finished a 3 minute sneeze attack. :eek: Back to the pills tomorrow...

Kristia

Heh, I almost feel silly posting this but...I did 1.5mi at 13:30 pace, hill program on the treadmill. I know I can do better and I'm not going to make excuses for it.

In my book, one mile is better than none. :)

I do plan on rocking my 6mi hill run tomorrow! #motivated
Not silly at all! One mile is definitely better than none (which is what I did today :)). Have a great run tomorrow! Everyone needs a lighter training day once in a while especially if you are planning to do a tougher longer run tomorrow.

diddy_mouse

Don't feel silly! I am pretty sure most who frequent this board share the above mantra. We were all beginners at some point after all.

Not silly at all! One mile is definitely better than none (which is what I did today :)). Have a great run tomorrow! Everyone needs a lighter training day once in a while especially if you are planning to do a tougher longer run tomorrow.

Thanks ladies! It still is so funny to me that I'm looking forward to tackling 6 miles. :D

bethram

Just shy of 4 miles this morning on the hills. I went out with the plan to run the big hill once instead of my usual 4 time since I am still coughing a lot. I felt fine after the first hill so I ran it again, and again, and again for my usual four :) . 8:57 pace and I'm still coughing

Mr mom

My last day of running in the valley, it has been awesome to go down memory lane as I ran past the university I attended in my youth. Back to reality today. Oh well off to florida on Friday, yippee. Another 6.4 miles today

dreamfinder

In my book, one mile is better than none. :)

Nothing to feel silly about. It all starts with a single step off the couch, sounds like you have added alot of steps to that first step. Just keep it up!

Today was speedwork. 1/2 mi warmup, then 5x1000 in 3:31 (5:49 min/mile pace) with 400 RI in between followed by cooldown. Damn that kicked my butt, almost didn't do the 5th, but figured it would only hurt for 3:31, 3:30, 3:29...

fmingo36

I love runners, I know no one down here but this morning running I passed a few and you get that nod etc, that recognition of a brotherhood/sisterhood of folks who get it. 6.4 miles today
Still remember the first time someone did that to me. I remember coming home from an early morning run and said to my husband "a runner gave me a nod and said morning" and he said "well you're a runner too" and then it clicked--I AM A RUNNER!

a2grafix

Started Tuesday, April 30, for my first day of training for the Disneyland Half, which I will continue to train for 2 more months afterward for the Wine and Dine Half. I'll continue to train after the W&D for the St. Jude Memphis Half Marathon in early December. So, yeah, I will be running pretty much from now until Dec. 7. No, wait, I'll run some more over the December holidays to prep for the 2014 Louisiana Half in January in Baton Rouge. Nine months. Whoah. Better invest in some new running kicks later on this year.

Ran 30-40 minutes at a leisurely pace, low 80s, sunny skies, some 3.5 miles looping around Beale Street and along the trolley line around lunchtime. Saw a handful of runners, and a golfer, caddy, and a scorekeeper. Yeah, they were part of a promo team for the June 3-9 PGA FedEx St. Jude Classic. Pretending to drop a ball and hit an approach shot. Right on the trolley line. Awesome. QUIET PLEASE! FORE!

Only in Memphis.

479379_10151552271727708_1309646581_o.jpg

Kristia

3 miles to today @ 10:00 pace. Felt great and my last mile was a 9:43. Awesome! I also registered for the Hershey Half today @fmingo36 and @JillC LI. That makes a full fall race schedule for me with a half in Sept, a half in Oct and culminating in a full for November. If you had told me that I would be doing this type of thing a mere 4 years ago, I would have told you that you were crazy. For any newcomers or lurkers out there (and everyone!), if I can do this, anyone can!!

Texas84

The extra squats in Power 90 3-4 are absolutely killing me. But that's gotta be good for running, right?

Another 5K Saturday. Doing a 5K or 10K every weekend in May. Running season down here ends in early June, right when I start training for the Double Dumbo.

diddy_mouse

5 miles today, two big hills. We ended up doing three sets on one of the hills. I'm glad I did this group run because it's part of my 10K course and I ran with a friend of mine which was nice. I did end up walking a little more than usual but I really tried to make the effort and run when I could. Still have a cold with a cough but I'm proud of myself for pushing through. :)

Didn't keep track of my pace because I was more concerned with tackling the hills. All in all I think it was a pretty good run. Going to try and get some more miles in on Saturday.

Mr mom

It has been a pretty tame week for running, this was my last for the week 6.4 miles. Not sure how much running I will be doing for the next little while, I suppose if the urge hits me I will and I am bringing gear with me but my family vacation starts at about 4 am tomorrow. 9 days in Orlando and 8 at Disney. happy happy days

Kristia

It has been a pretty tame week for running, this was my last for the week 6.4 miles. Not sure how much running I will be doing for the next little while, I suppose if the urge hits me I will and I am bringing gear with me but my family vacation starts at about 4 am tomorrow. 9 days in Orlando and 8 at Disney. happy happy days
Have a great time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom