What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I kicked the of my pacer and myself today on the trails: speedwork.

Ran non-stop, inclines and downhills at 8-9 min pace (downhills were a bit faster) for 4+ hours straight, in full gear.

We both looked like we had been mugged and beaten up at the end. I'm hurting a lot.

Excellent morning and the beers are well deserved!

Kristia

Fun run today...Ran at work with a co-worker. She is about halfway through C25K. We stayed together for the first half of her workout and then she turned around to start back. We were at about 1.1 miles when she turned back. I ran to my 1.5 mile mark and turned back to try and catch up. I worked my butt off trying to catch up but I never did lol! Everytime I went around a turn, I figured she would be there but nope. First mile was 13:34 since I did the walk breaks with her. 2nd mile was 10:30 and the 3rd was 9:49! Worked well trying to catch someone! I got back to the start about a minute after her. We are going to try to run together on Thursdays.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Fun run today...Ran at work with a co-worker. She is about halfway through C25K. We stayed together for the first half of her workout and then she turned around to start back. We were at about 1.1 miles when she turned back. I ran to my 1.5 mile mark and turned back to try and catch up. I worked my butt off trying to catch up but I never did lol! Everytime I went around a turn, I figured she would be there but nope. First mile was 13:34 since I did the walk breaks with her. 2nd mile was 10:30 and the 3rd was 9:49! Worked well trying to catch someone! I got back to the start about a minute after her. We are going to try to run together on Thursdays.
Kristie, love that negative split on the way back. Felt good didnt it. Nice job.

JillC LI

NO KIDDING. I miss my kids after 1 night of being away from them, maybe even a half a night, but I could get SOOOOO much done. I might go into shock not knowing what to do with myself.
Nice Jill!

LOL, I love my kids but I love a grown-up getaway too! It's harder to leave them when they are as young as yours though. Trust me, once you have a teenager, you'll be dying to get away! LOL

Cool way to get in a run, Kristy. I like it.

As for me, I got less than 2 hours of sleep last night due to some giant raccoons fighting on our roof that were terrifying DD, but I still did my morning speedwork - 4 miles of increasing pace for decreasing interval distances.

I'm so happy I figured out how to Friend some of you guys on FB last night. Coryna, btw that was me who sent you the Friend request yesterday if you weren't sure.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
45 laps today in the pool. 2250 yards or 1.27 miles in under an hour. It felt great too after about 15 laps. Couldn't go this morning because of storms, so went on lunch break.

Id like to build up to 1.5 miles, then 1.75 and 2 miles. Shoulders and arms weren't tired, but my arches in my feet started cramping.

Long run postponed to Sunday because I want to hit the state parks trails (50 miles worth to choose form).

Kristia

LOL, I love my kids but I love a grown-up getaway too! It's harder to leave them when they are as young as yours though. Trust me, once you have a teenager, you'll be dying to get away! LOL

Cool way to get in a run, Kristy. I like it.

As for me, I got less than 2 hours of sleep last night due to some giant raccoons fighting on our roof that were terrifying DD, but I still did my morning speedwork - 4 miles of increasing pace for decreasing interval distances.

I'm so happy I figured out how to Friend some of you guys on FB last night. Coryna, btw that was me who sent you the Friend request yesterday if you weren't sure.
It was great to see your friend request Jill! Raccoon fights are the worst aren't they! I heard some when I was younger and I was convinced that the Jersey Devil was real and it was outside my bedroom. Horrible sounds!
45 laps today in the pool. 2250 yards or 1.27 miles in under an hour. It felt great too after about 15 laps. Couldn't go this morning because of storms, so went on lunch break.

Id like to build up to 1.5 miles, then 1.75 and 2 miles. Shoulders and arms weren't tired, but my arches in my feet started cramping.

Long run postponed to Sunday because I want to hit the state parks trails (50 miles worth to choose form).
That is a lot of swimming! How long is your first tri swim?

imagination30

Prep for Marthon week has begun.. -- so this week im im not doing any long runs , to tire out my legs for Next sat. , but just a few short runs... -- today started a 3.17 miler on the tredmill bc of threat of rain.. did it at a pace of 9:31.. I feel i can give nashville my best shot and my first Pr in my first half !

bethram

9.5 miles this morning at 9:00 pace. It was 41 degrees when I left this morning and it felt great! Much better than the 60s and humid earlier this week.

Mr mom

best morning ever, finally convinced my better half to start running/walking and my two sons. So today I got them started on warm up exercises and a short run, about a mile. My wife had trouble with it and my oldest son but they walked and ran to accomplish it. my youngest son did the whole mile non stop, he is 8. he was pumped and ran at a good pace too. very proud dad here of my family for taking that first step, now my fingers are crossed they keep at it. I also ran my dog beside me and after they had finished I continued so as to give him a good little run, so my dog did 2.1 miles with me.

Kristia

best morning ever, finally convinced my better half to start running/walking and my two sons. So today I got them started on warm up exercises and a short run, about a mile. My wife had trouble with it and my oldest son but they walked and ran to accomplish it. my youngest son did the whole mile non stop, he is 8. he was pumped and ran at a good pace too. very proud dad here of my family for taking that first step, now my fingers are crossed they keep at it. I also ran my dog beside me and after they had finished I continued so as to give him a good little run, so my dog did 2.1 miles with me.
Great to hear about your family! Maybe this will be the answer to your motivation issues. It so helps to have someone to run with. I know a lot of people run alone, but I work better when I have some company. Maybe start them on a Couch to 5k program. When I first started, I got discourage when I ran a mile and had a tough time. I can't recommend that program enough for people starting out. It helped break the distance into manageable pieces.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We ran the Oshkosh, WI 1/2 Marathon today. The temp was in the low to mid 30's for the entire race, and it was windy as heck. We went out strong, and were 5-7 minutes ahead of our goal for the race. Fast, but not so fast as it caused concern. About Mile 6, my wife pulled up and said that something in her right knee really hurt. She's had IT band problems as long as we've run, and I wasn't sure if they were acting up again, or if this was a new injury. We walked for awhile, and I asked her if she wanted to leave the course. She gave me an "I don't know."

Now, she's had the IT bands act up during races before, but she always gives me a "I'll be ok", or "Let's try and work through it" answer. If she was debating leaving the course, I knew she was in trouble. I told her I'd take it slow with her, and stick with her as long as she was on the course, and help her to finish. Despite several attempts by her to push me out on my own, I wasn't going to leave my injured wife behind...even though last year I set a PR at this race.

The problem with taking it slower was that it allowed the elements to come into play. We got cold quickly, which wrecked both of our attitudes. We finished about 30 minutes behind our goal pace, but my wife refused to wear the medal, feeling as if she hadn't earned it.

We leave for Disney next week, so her instructions are to take it easy, and heal up for our trip.

There is always another race, and I've seen her run to prove a point before, so I'm sure the next race she'll tear up the course.

bethram

We ran the Oshkosh, WI 1/2 Marathon today. The temp was in the low to mid 30's for the entire race, and it was windy as heck. We went out strong, and were 5-7 minutes ahead of our goal for the race. Fast, but not so fast as it caused concern. About Mile 6, my wife pulled up and said that something in her right knee really hurt. She's had IT band problems as long as we've run, and I wasn't sure if they were acting up again, or if this was a new injury. We walked for awhile, and I asked her if she wanted to leave the course. She gave me an "I don't know."

Now, she's had the IT bands act up during races before, but she always gives me a "I'll be ok", or "Let's try and work through it" answer. If she was debating leaving the course, I knew she was in trouble. I told her I'd take it slow with her, and stick with her as long as she was on the course, and help her to finish. Despite several attempts by her to push me out on my own, I wasn't going to leave my injured wife behind...even though last year I set a PR at this race.

The problem with taking it slower was that it allowed the elements to come into play. We got cold quickly, which wrecked both of our attitudes. We finished about 30 minutes behind our goal pace, but my wife refused to wear the medal, feeling as if she hadn't earned it.

We leave for Disney next week, so her instructions are to take it easy, and heal up for our trip.

There is always another race, and I've seen her run to prove a point before, so I'm sure the next race she'll tear up the course.

You're a great husband for sticking with your wife even though you were having a great race! I hope her knee heals quickly and doesn't effect your time in Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom