What did you do?

JillC LI

I like that idea. My step daughter took gold in her first individulal figure skating comp this weekend (she has done a number of team synchro comps, and also individual shows, but this was her first individual comp). Of course she was the only competitor at her skill level, so as long as she had the required elements she was getting a gold - but nobody is telling her that. This is a confidance builder so that there are no nerves when she is in bigger comps.

I agree about the confidence-builder. And congrats to her on her gold.

She got her first blue ribbon (first place). She was SO SERIOUS (dont know where she gets that from). The entire time that morning, tacking up the horse, waiting to go into the arena until she was done. Her coach and the woman that led her, said she didnt think she breathed the entire 6 minute course. The best part was when she had to salute the judges. We had practiced that so she would nail it. She did. The judges stopped to ask her questions too. She got them all right. (What color is your horse, where are the withers, etc)

We should really hook up on Facebook.

Sounds like all our DDs had great weekends of competition. Glad to hear it and congrats on her blue ribbon!
As for Facebook, I'd be happy to connect with my WDWMagic friends although I don't really know how to initiate it. If I check my account once every 2-3 months, that's a lot, so I'm not terribly skilled at it.

As for me, I ran 4.33 miles yesterday at 9:58 pace. When I returned home, I found DD and my mom sitting in front of the TV screen watching the news about Boston. That was the first I heard of it - when I returned from my own run. I stood there watching the TV in shock and horror. The more I think about it the sicker I am - that this could happen at the most prestigious event in a sport I hold so near and dear. Kristin Armstrong sums it up really well in her blog on the Runner's World web site if anyone is interested.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
21 miles on the trails yesterday, among other things that occured. I won't get into that psychotic BS here.
As runners, we move forward...

5 hours of straight running on the trails this morning. I didn't check my mileage yet, just wanted to get in some solid time.

Be well folks, and move forward.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
36 days until the Peak Races / McNaughton 500 mile run.

Who: Me, Donald Duck, Nick, ultra distance runner, running the McNaughton 500 mile ultra

What: a 500 mile, non-stop, single-stage ultra distnce run

Where: Pittsfield,VT, through the Green Mountains

When: May 23, 2013 at 4pm

If you are not connected to me on FB, send a friend request, Nick Storm Trooper Bautista (the name I was given by my ultra running team, The Animal Camp www.theanimalcamp.com), as I will be updating my mileage every 50-60 miles until the finish.

Personal updates, when I can, and when I I'm not going out of my mind, will be sent directly to @joel_maxwell and @fmingo36, and I am sure they will be reporting my texts on here.

I feel sick to my stomach...oh well, I've never picked the easy road...I mean trail :D

Kristia

Who: Me, Donald Duck, Nick, ultra distance runner, running the McNaughton 500 mile ultra

If you are not connected to me on FB, send a friend request, Nick Storm Trooper Bautista (the name I was given by my ultra running team, The Animal Camp www.theanimalcamp.com), as I will be updating my mileage every 50-60 miles until the finish.

Personal updates, when I can, and when I I'm not going out of my mind, will be sent directly to @joel_maxwell and @fmingo36, and I am sure they will be reporting my texts on here.

I feel sick to my stomach...oh well, I've never picked the easy road...I mean trail :D
Wow! Getting close! We will all be pulling for you!! I can not even imagine the emotions you must be going through now. I have the Spring Lake 5 on the 25th and will run extra hard because the pain I will feel in a short 5 miler will be nothing compared to what you will have to go through!

fmingo36

I am looking forward to receiving those texts.
But you just may see the F'n Mingo show up in VT. If you see me, I promise it won't be a hallucination!;)

Texas84

Hey Nick, request sent from Mark M. I'll do a 5-miler in your honor. :D

Mr mom

45 degrees and clear blue sky, my legs were killing me again but with weather like this anything under 10 miles would have been wimping out. 10.9 miles in today.

Phonedave

I can't get away, but if I could I would be up there with you as well.

My parents own a house about 20 miles from where you are racing (Newbury VT) and I have family that lives a little further up the road.

I have done some training runs in the area when I was on vacation. There are a few hills there :)

Phonedave

So, what did I do today .... ?

More like what did I do last night.

Screwing around with the dog, chasing him and then hiding and suprising him, I proceeded to run my bare left foot smack into the bathroom door frame at full speed.

Second smallest toe has almost all the skin taken off the top - that I can deal with.

The top of my foot behind my little toe damn near feels like its broken (or and least brused really badly)

Oddly there is no brusing - maybe because my wife forced me to ice it all night.

Still hurts when I put weight on it, I hobble when I walk, forget running.

And I have a half marathon May 15 - it is feeling marginaly better from this morning though, so I have hope.

-dave

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

Yep. Ill relay the the info as soon as it comes in. I know not to bother you with text during said event... and it might be a good idea for me to get Mrs. Storm Trooper number too.
I am looking forward to receiving those texts.
But you just may see the F'n Mingo show up in VT. If you see me, I promise it won't be a hallucination!;)
Nice. Wouldnt that be just crazy if we surprised Nick. That would be classic.

It would also be nice if a bunch of sky miles surprisingly showed up in my account. :D $1000 for a round trip ticket isnt in the budget.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
5 miles this morning. 8:30 pace in 65 degree mugginess.

I want my cold weather back.

Got an email yesterday announcing that my second Triathlon is 8 weeks away and it had a training plan attached. It mention, "Training starts today!" Hmmm, no thanks, I have been training for this since September.

LindsayLoves

Request sent! I am just intimidated reading "500 mile non-stop single-stage".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom