What did you do?

JillC LI

It would also be nice if a bunch of sky miles surprisingly showed up in my account. :D $1000 for a round trip ticket isnt in the budget.

LOL. Wish I could be there to see this too. I'll be rootin' from afar.
Gotta remember to go on Facebook from home and befriend some of you folks (if I can figure out how).

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
5+ hours on the trails this morning.

I think I went through a time warp: one minute I'm hating the first 30 mins...the next time I looked at my watch it was over 5 hours. I don't even remember running certain parts, but comparing the map on my warch to the topo map I carry, I must have.

Run long folks.

bethram

36 days until the Peak Races / McNaughton 500 mile run.

Who: Me, Donald Duck, Nick, ultra distance runner, running the McNaughton 500 mile ultra

What: a 500 mile, non-stop, single-stage ultra distnce run

Where: Pittsfield,VT, through the Green Mountains

When: May 23, 2013 at 4pm

If you are not connected to me on FB, send a friend request, Nick Storm Trooper Bautista (the name I was given by my ultra running team, The Animal Camp www.theanimalcamp.com), as I will be updating my mileage every 50-60 miles until the finish.

Personal updates, when I can, and when I I'm not going out of my mind, will be sent directly to @joel_maxwell and @fmingo36, and I am sure they will be reporting my texts on here.

I feel sick to my stomach...oh well, I've never picked the easy road...I mean trail :D

Request sent from Beth Ram.......

Kristia

LOL. Wish I could be there to see this too. I'll be rootin' from afar.
Gotta remember to go on Facebook from home and befriend some of you folks (if I can figure out how).
Anyone who wants can look me up on facebook - Kristy Boice Adams
ETA - I don't know most people's full names here! :)

bethram

Only 2 miles this morning, I wasn't feeling it and I've got a really long day ahead of me so I decided not to push it. I'll get plenty of walking in.

dreamfinder

36 days until the Peak Races / McNaughton 500 mile run.

Who: Me, Donald Duck, Nick, ultra distance runner, running the McNaughton 500 mile ultra

What: a 500 mile, non-stop, single-stage ultra distnce run

Where: Pittsfield,VT, through the Green Mountains

When: May 23, 2013 at 4pm

It's getting closer.....

Don't forget to stop for the beer while you can still move so you have it for afterwards. Gotta have your priorities on straight for when you become a blathering fool covered in blood and mud.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
8.5 miles on my bike this morning. I finally got the new shifter installed, the back derailer lined up and took it out for testing this morning. Never skipped. Woot Woot!

New slick tires installed on my mtn bike made things ride a lot smoother. Also practiced running with my bike and hopping on. Seems easy, and it is, but Im not going to be "that guy" that screws that up in transition and falls. ;) 6 weeks to Tri!

Swimming tomorrow. This weekend starting to run up to my "station" with just tri shorts on, and practice getting gear on and take off on bike as fast as possible. Its all about reducing seconds.

joel_maxwell

Good work Joel!
Thanks Steve. I know 8.5 miles on the bike sounds like childs play to you since you have become more of a cyclist, and I really wish I had the interest, but this is the least favorite of the 3 focuses. Unfortunately for me, it is the most critical in gaining ground and separating yourself from the other racers. I just dont enjoy it like the others. I wasnt tired after 8.5 miles, so that is good, and the distances for the 2 in the spring are a 6 mile and 13 mile bike. The one at the end of summer is 16 mile bike. So, Ill ramp up for that a little more. I figure if I keep lifting weights and cycling at least that distance (13-16 miles, long ride of 10) a week, my legs will be ready.

JillC LI

Finished my first 4.02 miles with no walking. Super slow, but at least I had negative splits!! :D

That's a great accomplishment! Congrats.

Also practiced running with my bike and hopping on. Seems easy, and it is, but Im not going to be "that guy" that screws that up in transition and falls. ;) 6 weeks to Tri!

LOL. You won't be. Love how you're practicing your transitions.

As for me, 7 miles yesterday afternoon. It was the hottest it's been since last summer (70 degrees) and I wasn't prepared for how the heat was going to tire me out. But I still kept a decent 10:07 pace overall. It was a longer run than I usually do mid-week, but I'm going away with my hubby this weekend (sans kids! :) ) so I won't be running this weekend.

fmingo36

As for me, 7 miles yesterday afternoon. It was the hottest it's been since last summer (70 degrees) and I wasn't prepared for how the heat was going to tire me out. But I still kept a decent 10:07 pace overall. It was a longer run than I usually do mid-week, but I'm going away with my hubby this weekend (sans kids! :) ) so I won't be running this weekend.

Like the pace and the thought of a kidless weekend (can you tell me where I can sign up for one of those??)...Have a great time!

JillC LI

Like the pace and the thought of a kidless weekend (can you tell me where I can sign up for one of those??)...Have a great time!

LOL, both kids were going to stay with my mom, but DD got invited to a slumber party so now DS has grandma all to himself overnight! DH and I are going to see Paula Cole in concert in Jim Thorpe, PA. It's supposed to be a quaint little town to visit, and we have reservations at a romantic, beautiful B&B. Weather is supposed to be nice too! I gather your folks don't live close enough to take your girls overnight? We're lucky that both my mom and my dad (divorced) are happy to take them.

joel_maxwell

Absolutely. I dont want to put in a good swim, good bike, good run and see I took 3 times longer in the transitions than I should. Im one of those who likes his shoes a particular way, not to tight, not to loose, and Im practicing getting in there, getting the sh*t done, and getting out.

One of the positive things about bike>run transition is I only have to take my bike in, take off my helmet and go. Nothing else. No shoe change or anything. That should be the fastest one.
NO KIDDING. I miss my kids after 1 night of being away from them, maybe even a half a night, but I could get SOOOOO much done. I might go into shock not knowing what to do with myself.

Nice Jill!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom