What did you do?

dreamfinder

DH and I ran the Warrior Dash on Saturday, it was 3.1 miles but it felt a lot longer. It was in a new location this year and the obstacles were very spread out.

I almost feel gyped. The Warrior Dash I did, it was actually too muddy for them to have their mud pits. Who woulda thunk it. So got filthy from the natural mud, but nothing like that. Looks like you guys had a blast!

JillC LI

This thread makes me want to get out and run again...

Then do it!

Great pics Bethram!

How'd the horse show go Joel? My DD took 1st place in her butterfly heat and was on cloud nine. There was no way on G-d's green earth that I was going to tell her that she was no longer in first place after the second heat went - she doesn't even know what a "heat" is! Ribbons were not given out at the event so she had no way of knowing otherwise. As far as she's concerned, she came in first place in her race, and I hope that no one cures her of that belief.

Phonedave

8.9 miles this morning. Was going for 9 but didn't plan my route to well and ended up a little short but I am ok with that. I still have 3 weeks before my 10 mile race. Beautiful morning. Started the run at 33 degrees and ended at 56. Perfect!

I hate that, and I have been know to run up and down the street in front of my house to make up an extra tenth or two just to make my goal distance.

-dave

Phonedave

Then do it!

Great pics Bethram!

How'd the horse show go Joel? My DD took 1st place in her butterfly heat and was on cloud nine. There was no way on G-d's green earth that I was going to tell her that she was no longer in first place after the second heat went - she doesn't even know what a "heat" is! Ribbons were not given out at the event so she had no way of knowing otherwise. As far as she's concerned, she came in first place in her race, and I hope that no one cures her of that belief.

I like that idea. My step daughter took gold in her first individulal figure skating comp this weekend (she has done a number of team synchro comps, and also individual shows, but this was her first individual comp). Of course she was the only competitor at her skill level, so as long as she had the required elements she was getting a gold - but nobody is telling her that. This is a confidance builder so that there are no nerves when she is in bigger comps.

-dave

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
How'd the horse show go Joel?
She got her first blue ribbon (first place). She was SO SERIOUS (dont know where she gets that from). The entire time that morning, tacking up the horse, waiting to go into the arena until she was done. Her coach and the woman that led her, said she didnt think she breathed the entire 6 minute course. The best part was when she had to salute the judges. We had practiced that so she would nail it. She did. The judges stopped to ask her questions too. She got them all right. (What color is your horse, where are the withers, etc)

Congrats on your DD first place. Way to go!

We should really hook up on Facebook.

Kristia

I hate that, and I have been know to run up and down the street in front of my house to make up an extra tenth or two just to make my goal distance.

-dave
Normally I would run past my house to make up the difference but hubby had a nature calls event, so we just ended at the house. :rolleyes: I will make sure to better measure my route for next weeks 10 miler!
She got her first blue ribbon (first place). She was SO SERIOUS (dont know where she gets that from). The entire time that morning, tacking up the horse, waiting to go into the arena until she was done. Her coach and the woman that led her, said she didnt think she breathed the entire 6 minute course. The best part was when she had to salute the judges. We had practiced that so she would nail it. She did. The judges stopped to ask her questions too. She got them all right. (What color is your horse, where are the withers, etc)

Congrats on your DD first place. Way to go!

We should really hook up on Facebook.
Congrats on her blue ribbon! Loved her serious "game" face pic you posted on fb!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Congrats on her blue ribbon! Loved her serious "game" face pic you posted on fb!
Thanks. I was trying to loosen her up like my dad use to do before sports and stuff. I talked to her about being nervous and scared and how it was normal, told her some stories and jokes, but my girl was focused. I loved seeing that seriousness too. ;) I dont like seeing the kid that doesnt take something like that serious, after all the hard work and time that people have put into it.

Afterwards, she had a blast feeding the horses treats and playing with some of the other girls.

Mr mom

DH and I ran the Warrior Dash on Saturday, it was 3.1 miles but it felt a lot longer. It was in a new location this year and the obstacles were very spread out.

Before:

And After:

I just couldn't resist, his back was too clean:

They should have called it the mud run

Kristia

3 miles tonight. 1 with Mr Toby.

Hats off to the older marathoner today who got knocked down by that shockwave. I think he is in his 70's, and refused a ride to his hotel 6 blocks away. He could make it. You kick a$$ buddy.
Glad to hear that. When I saw the footage, it looked like he just crumpled. By the way his legs folded, it looked like he could have had a broken or at the very least sprained something!

Mr mom

Beautiful out there today, about 40 degrees but clear blue sky, going up to 50 later. The grass finally looks like it is turning green, good sign. Anyway, a longer run than I had intended...13.1 miles in 1.44.20

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom