What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
8 miles cycled this morning and 3 rounds of weights on the legs. Really pushed them today. Worked gluts, groin, quads, hams calves and ads. 3 rounds of heavy weight at 20 reps. I will have my legs ready for the fall.

Swimming tomorrow with upper body weights.

@Kristia My daughter has her first equestrian show in a dressage (lead by trainer) show Saturday morning. We is very excited. Ill post pics on FB. So, my long run will come Sunday.

JillC LI

The thoughts that go through your mind in a nanosecond:

So yesterday, near the end of a tough speed workout outdoors, I tripped as I came off a curb and went flying into the middle of the (untrafficked) street. In that instant as I was heading towards the ground with my hands outstretched to catch my fall, I realized that I was going to do some serious damage to my hands/wrists if they took the full brunt of it, and in that nanosecond I managed to shift my weight to the left so that I came down half on my hands and half on my hip and rolled a full 360 before coming to a stop! My first thought after falling was, "OMG, I am going to be so embarrassed if anyone saw that!" so I got up, laughed it off, and kept running before doing a self assessment to make sure I was ok. LOL. I was sore but ok. Because of that nanosecond of clear thought, I avoided serious injury. I do have a nasty bruise on my hip today though.

Kristia

8 miles cycled this morning and 3 rounds of weights on the legs. Really pushed them today. Worked gluts, groin, quads, hams calves and ads. 3 rounds of heavy weight at 20 reps. I will have my legs ready for the fall.

Swimming tomorrow with upper body weights.

@Kristia My daughter has her first equestrian show in a dressage (lead by trainer) show Saturday morning. We is very excited. Ill post pics on FB. So, my long run will come Sunday.
I can't wait to see the pics!! Dan and I just started back up our lessons. We have the same trainer (dressage). He is more working on just riding and getting his young horse more responsive where I am working on my dressage. My trainer says she thinks I am ready for a training level show but I am not so sure. Maybe this fall. So intimidating! Tell her good luck and and she is braver than me!

Mr mom

32 degrees but sunny, my legs are killing me and I don't get it. I took last week off from running and really by my standards this was a tame rebuild week, my longest run was only a little over 11 miles. oh well two days off now.

8.2 miles today

joel_maxwell

30 or 35 laps in the pool. I got in a zone again and lost count of the 5 lap cycles. Oh well. Doesnt matter. It was a good workout regardless. Ill put 30 in my log at home.

Long run on trails waits till Sunday since my daughters first equestrian dressage show is in the morning. Gladly wait on that. I actually get to have a adult beverage on a Friday night again. Or two. ;)

joel_maxwell

I can't wait to see the pics!! Dan and I just started back up our lessons. We have the same trainer (dressage). He is more working on just riding and getting his young horse more responsive where I am working on my dressage. My trainer says she thinks I am ready for a training level show but I am not so sure. Maybe this fall. So intimidating! Tell her good luck and and she is braver than me!
Did you see her outfit? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....268796068000.142928.589758000&type=1&theater

AUPr8Hd

Interval work this morning. 4 rounds of 800m (3:49, 4:11, 4:19 & 3:56). I tried to keep my pace on rounds 2 & 3 close to my target 10k pace. I could've given a little more to the workout, which leaves me a little bummed.

JillC LI

Assuming PepBoys gets the part I still need on my car today, I will bring the car over later and run home again - 6 mile route - in the pouring rain. I don't really mind that though since it's not that cold, and if I run this afternoon, I can sleep late tomorrow morning. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend. Joel, good luck to your DD tomorrow. My DD has her final swim meet on Sunday - the "Championships"! She qualified in butterfly and breast stroke.

joel_maxwell

Assuming PepBoys gets the part I still need on my car today, I will bring the car over later and run home again - 6 mile route - in the pouring rain. I don't really mind that though since it's not that cold, and if I run this afternoon, I can sleep late tomorrow morning. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend. Joel, good luck to your DD tomorrow. My DD has her final swim meet on Sunday - the "Championships"! She qualified in butterfly and breast stroke.
WOW.. good luck to her too. Thanks. I think she will do well. The trainer walks the course with them since they are still 4/5 years, but she gets a ribbon and you know she will freak out. Hell, we adults freak out over bling so you know a 4 year old will too.

Love it!!!
THANKS!

imagination30

another late night - Hot mill work out ... - did 4.19 this time.. My leg felt 100% better tonight . i guess bc it knows its going to take a beating in Nashville so it better losen up lol.. but its geting closer.. , strange fact.. i printed off my placement sheet .. and shock ... Im in corral 1.. oh my.. gulp!

Texas84

Dogwood Festival 5K this AM in Perry, GA. First time under 30 minutes! 29:37. Nice rolling course through old wooded neighborhoods with, yes, blooming dogwoods. It was a 'fill out the card' run and by looking at the stack I think I finished top ten in my age group. Going to mow the yard now then relax and watch some Masters.

LindsayLoves

Another set of 6x800 at 3:35. With a 1.5 mile warm up and a 1 mile cool down. As much as I loathe going to the track it always treats me pretty well - I just need to get over the mental dread I feel each time its track day.

Kristia

8.9 miles this morning. Was going for 9 but didn't plan my route to well and ended up a little short but I am ok with that. I still have 3 weeks before my 10 mile race. Beautiful morning. Started the run at 33 degrees and ended at 56. Perfect!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom