What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Not much going on here. Sort of tapering last couple of weeks:

Back to back 20-25 milers formthose last weeks, six days a week.

Ramping it back up this week and peaking late April early May with back to back 30 milers, ending with a 50 mile, an then tapering before my 500 mile.

Having a great time helping Joel with his ultra training, and he's going to kill it.

Run far.

dreamfinder

I love that a speed bottle opener was the medal. I have some friends that tend bar that swear by those.

Sat was 6mi on the TM at 7min pace, with inclines last 2 mi. Sun was 11mi + a bit on the TM at half pace, with inclines (threw in the on ramp at the WDW half for fun) and neg splits last few miles. Then threw in a few sets of burpees, windshield wipers and crunches just for fun.

Mr mom

Ugh, I feel like a slob... I had a very busy week of catch up on work. reports to be done and a pile of other stuff, not a single run or workout in a week. But I now have everything caught up, I think. In 25 days I run off to florida for a few weeks or R and R, so I will try and ramp up for a few weeks , might be a problem as I have meetings and a conference but I will make an extra effort.
Anyway I got out today and it was a nice 39 degrees and I managed 7.5 miles.

AUPr8Hd

This was not the starting line, but it was the beginning and the end of the half:
IMG_0106.jpg

My kids and I after the race. DS is holding my mom's coffee so she could take the picture, it was not his :p
IMG_0107.jpg

The loot! I did not take a picture of the back of the medal, but there was more to it.
IMG_0115.jpg

I was 19th in my division and 339 overall, there were about 1600 racers. My time today beat the only other half marathon time by about 11 minutes. I finished the 2011 Princess Half in 2:10 and change.

This race is still one of my top races on my "To do" list. All because of the medal

JillC LI

Haven't put in any miles in a long time. My sneakers have cobwebs on them. :(
But I started doing some daily core work and yesterday got in an hour of pilates and yoga. Today got to celebrate Kristia's Goofy Challenge accomplishment by having lunch with her and her hubby Dan in Philly. Looking forward to running with her next month for the Color Me Rad 5K!

Welcome home! How great that you got to meet up Kristi and Dan. I'm still so envious of you guys that have gotten to run together. Can't wait to finally have a chance myself :)

Great pics and race time Bethram! Glad the foot held up.

Sorry about the toe, Joel - but are you trying to kill me with your vivid descriptions? You've given Nick a willing victim! LOL;)

As for me, 7 miles on Saturday, once again taking the long way home after dropping my car back at PepBoys for more service (and it's still not properly fixed - stupid windshield wiper fluid dispenser pump). Anyway, decent run, just over 10 minutes per mile in less than 40 degree weather. Can't wait to get outside later today for a run in the 60+ degree weather! It appears that Spring is finally here!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
This was not the starting line, but it was the beginning and the end of the half:

My kids and I after the race. DS is holding my mom's coffee so she could take the picture, it was not his :p

The loot! I did not take a picture of the back of the medal, but there was more to it.

I was 19th in my division and 339 overall, there were about 1600 racers. My time today beat the only other half marathon time by about 11 minutes. I finished the 2011 Princess Half in 2:10 and change.
Congrats. Love the medal and pictures. For the record, it would be interesting to see your son reaction to Starbucks.

Have been kind of quiet on the road since the last time I ran was Feb. 16. Needed a to take a break, and after my last road race, a 10K in 29-31F with a northerly headwind of 10-15 mph, was feeling pretty crappy afterward. Then I sprained my left ankle on some stairs while helping movers with my new bed, slipped on the bottom stair and felt some white hot tingling in my ankle. Recovered from the injury (bruised on both sides of my foot for the better part of a week) but still feel some discomfort just below the ankle bone. Might have strained a ligament, not too sure. On top of that I have been doing a mixture of TurboJam and P90X.

Anyway, fast forward to this week.

I got eight hours sleep in past two days while working 24.5 hours at the base and TV station. So what do I do? I enter myself in a 5K - after not running since Feb. 16 - and ran Race Judicata 5K in Downtown Memphis in a leisurely 32:11. Just wanted to see where I was, to see if I would stop, etc. Nope. It was a nice Saturday jog with 200 or so fellow runners. In fact I finished third in my age group and fifth overall in 40-49. Yeah, seems about right. Right? Did not know what my official time for about a half hour after the run and just before the awards ceremony.

Will likely run some more just to start running on a regular basis and start training for the 2013 Disneyland Half, which is Labor Day weekend. So, you will see me posting more frequently. Training for Disneyland Half starts end of April.

Funniest or coolest thing was seeing a younger runner in a business suit and a headband finish the 5K in about 22 minutes. Lawyered.
I like that tshirt.

joel_maxwell

Not much going on here. Sort of tapering last couple of weeks:

Back to back 20-25 milers formthose last weeks, six days a week.

Ramping it back up this week and peaking late April early May with back to back 30 milers, ending with a 50 mile, an then tapering before my 500 mile.

Having a great time helping Joel with his ultra training, and he's going to kill it.

Run far.
Still nice mileage. Dont worry, you will be as ready as you can be.

I appreciate the guidance. Got to get stronger in my gluts and quads, then we will look at killing it. ;) Once i get these Tri's accomplished, Ill turn to more serious mileage. Im still ramping up the weight training, but it is hard to have more runs days right now since I have to split time with swimming (which I love now) and cycling. I will still plan on having a swim day regardless. It is so good for me and I can tell a difference in my running.
Welcome home! How great that you got to meet up Kristi and Dan. I'm still so envious of you guys that have gotten to run together. Can't wait to finally have a chance myself :)

Great pics and race time Bethram! Glad the foot held up.

Sorry about the toe, Joel - but are you trying to kill me with your vivid descriptions? You've given Nick a willing victim! LOL;)

As for me, 7 miles on Saturday, once again taking the long way home after dropping my car back at PepBoys for more service (and it's still not properly fixed - stupid windshield wiper fluid dispenser pump). Anyway, decent run, just over 10 minutes per mile in less than 40 degree weather. Can't wait to get outside later today for a run in the 60+ degree weather! It appears that Spring is finally here!
LOL. I swear it was like a sniper hit me. I really dont recall going down, just remember the shock in the arms from bracing myself and then the pain on my toe. All that I do with my arms in the gym etc, I was still sore in my tri's and upper back from the fall. I was booking it up this one small climb at about a 7:55 pace. Just got lackadaisical.

Yes, i have a feeling Nick rubbing his hands together, in a dark science type lab, with some test tubes of green bubbling liquid in the background saying, "I got him... I got him, Bwhahahaha. He's all mine." *black lab coat of course*

Texas84

I haven't done squat since the doc put stitches in my lower back. Too close to my water belt. I'm a wimp. They come out Thursday. Does 8 hours of yard work count?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just about 30 miles this morning.

Great weather and lots of spider webs on the trails.

Pumping my poor body with lots of amino acids, recovery caps and protein: repairing extensive muscle damage and prepping it for the onslaught of crap I'll have to take in during my race next month.

LindsayLoves

Just over 5 miles at a super easy 9:14 pace. Not my best effort but the tree pollen is killing me and I wanted to be very conservative because I will have an allergy related asthma attack if I push myself too hard when the tree pollen is so high.

Nice effort this weekend everyone.

fmingo36

Thanks and I'm looking forward to running with you in Hersehy! (Less than a month till registration opens)
You could always join us for the Color Me Rad 5K on May 19th if you want to take a ride to Jersey. :D

bethram

3.75 miles this morning at 8:50 per mile and about 57 degrees. I was a little sore from Sunday's Half and the drive home yesterday but it wasn't too bad after the first half mile or so.

joel_maxwell

Just about 30 miles this morning.

Great weather and lots of spider webs on the trails.

Pumping my poor body with lots of amino acids, recovery caps and protein: repairing extensive muscle damage and prepping it for the onslaught of crap I'll have to take in during my race next month.
Do you have banana spiders in your territory? We have those here. Holy cow, talk about bringing me to my knees. They are harmless to my knowledge, but you want to hear me yell like a little girl, let me run thru one of those. LOL Im like Indiana Jones with snakes. I dont do spiders.

joel_maxwell

4 miles last night. Nothing major, just a nice run to clear the head.

Mr Toby ran his first mile with me. Took him out first and he did really well. Slowly getting his heart ready after his heartworm treatment. All he has done thus far is sprints chasing his bone. I got to get his endurance up.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Do you have banana spiders in your territory? We have those here. Holy cow, talk about bringing me to my knees. They are harmless to my knowledge, but you want to hear me yell like a little girl, let me run thru one of those. LOL Im like Indiana Jones with snakes. I dont do spiders.
Nope we've got wolf spiders here. Big, brown and hairy. House spiders are big but harmless and they make insane webs overnight.
This one spider kept making a giant web in the driveway last year, and attaching to the house. I felt bad I had to keep tearing it down every morning. Well Mr Spider got ed, so he made the web again, and anchored it to our cars, and re-anchored it to the ground lol. I didn't move my car that weekend.

Mr mom

4 miles last night. Nothing major, just a nice run to clear the head.

Mr Toby ran his first mile with me. Took him out first and he did really well. Slowly getting his heart ready after his heartworm treatment. All he has done thus far is sprints chasing his bone. I got to get his endurance up.

I had my 12lb terripoo out and he went about a mile, slow walk, another half mile etc. Did this for a total 4 miles. he was done in and I knew it when on the last run, he could no longer keep up and I had to slow down, poor little guy slept well that night. I try and run him about a half mile most days plus fetch.

joel_maxwell

Nope we've got wolf spiders here. Big, brown and hairy. House spiders are big but harmless and they make insane webs overnight.
This one spider kept making a giant web in the driveway last year, and attaching to the house. I felt bad I had to keep tearing it down every morning. Well Mr Spider got ed, so he made the web again, and anchored it to our cars, and re-anchored it to the ground lol. I didn't move my car that weekend.
Softy! LOL, I would have done the same thing. I save bugs in the office all the time. Take them to the bushes outside. Then they find their way back in looking for water I guess.
I had my 12lb terripoo out and he went about a mile, slow walk, another half mile etc. Did this for a total 4 miles. he was done in and I knew it when on the last run, he could no longer keep up and I had to slow down, poor little guy slept well that night. I try and run him about a half mile most days plus fetch.
My boy will be around 80 pounds, so he should be able to do a lot more then he is doing now. All in due time.

JillC LI

Yes, i have a feeling Nick rubbing his hands together, in a dark science type lab, with some test tubes of green bubbling liquid in the background saying, "I got him... I got him, Bwhahahaha. He's all mine." *black lab coat of course*

LOL

Thanks and I'm looking forward to running with you in Hersehy! (Less than a month till registration opens)
You could always join us for the Color Me Rad 5K on May 19th if you want to take a ride to Jersey. :D

No can do on May 19th, but can't wait til Hershey!!!! Already told my kids we're going so now it's set in stone or they'll kill me! I wish they had also a 5K or 10K that my son could run because he'd love to, but 13 miles is too far for him.

I had one of my "best" runs yesterday. Not pace wise or strength wise but enjoyability wise. The weather was gorgeous 65 degrees, so I pumped up the tires on my daughter's bike for the first time since Fall, and she accompanied me on a beautiful 5 mile run through the neighborhood. So many people were outside enjoying the first real day of Spring - walkers, runners, bikers, dog-walkers. It was terrific. I love getting out with my daughter.

Today is in the high 70s so I just went outside during lunch to try our company's new walking path. It was only about a 1/4 mile around, but I had time to do 3 laps. It'll be really nice once they finish the landscaping by it and fill in the hole it surrounds with water so it's actually a pond and not just a hole. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom