What did you do?

Mr mom

19 degrees but sunny and the sidewalks were clear, not my best time 1.48 for a half. but all in all I'm happy with it. My chest feels quite a bit better I did some abdominals today and some light hand weights. Gonna try my workout tomorrow. Only did the 13.1 today.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
20+ miles on flat asphalt.

I wanted to kill myself. The most boring run ever. I'll be sticking to trails and steep hills from now on.

Run hard folks.
LOL... it isnt all that bad. However, I do feel that my knee will have a much higher success rate of staying healthy for the 27 miler in a month since it is all on single track trail then on pavement.
3.72 miles at 9:04 pace, ran the big hill three times, I'm finally getting used to it.
There you go. I love hills. I love climbing them, not going down them.

bethram

3.76 for today at 9:08 which hits my during the week goal of 11 miles. I'm not sure where it came from but it's been my minimum for the last couple weeks.

I've decided to finally sign up for the half I've been saying I'm going to run for the past 4 months. It's in about 3 weeks so it's about time :/

joel_maxwell

I'd much rather run down hill than up!
In my experience, and this is just with my body, but I am twice as injury prone going downhill then uphill. I lose form, the impact is greater, on trails you could really make a big mistake... so that is why I make myself love the uphill.
Speedwork on TM this morning for 4 miles. Reps of 1/4 mile at 8:27 min pace.
Nice Pace Jill. ;)
did my full workout today, was a little stiff in the chest but seems fine. Put up another 7.5 miles
Good job!

joel_maxwell

7.20 miles late last night. Running in the dark and watching the almost full moon pop up over the tree line on the mtn is incredible.

10 miles on the trainer this morning. As Nick posted this morning, Love the back to back workouts with only 9 hours between different focuses.

Swimming in the morning. Yeh!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just about 25mi on trails.

Dragging a bit, and feeling some IT pain on the left.

Like Joel said, loving the back2back...but my back2back long runs have continued for months, logging 20-30 miles everyday, except Sunday. I am surprised I'm not in more pain, but mentally, I'm so fried. I want my race to be here now, finish it, and stop worrying every night before I go to bed.
I don't know how the f--- I'm going to run for 500 miles straight up and down a mountain, but whatever: show up and shut up.

Train hard folks.

joel_maxwell

Just about 25mi on trails.

Dragging a bit, and feeling some IT pain on the left.

Like Joel said, loving the back2back...but my back2back long runs have continued for months, logging 20-30 miles everyday, except Sunday. I am surprised I'm not in more pain, but mentally, I'm so fried. I want my race to be here now, finish it, and stop worrying every night before I go to bed.
I don't know how the f--- I'm going to run for 500 miles straight up and down a mountain, but whatever: show up and shut up.

Train hard folks.
Your IT band pain is because we have been talking about it too much with the compression sleeve stuff.

Yep, you are going to have to blue collar this bad boy (not that anything over 26.2 isnt in that category). Show up, and do this one workmen like. Im sure this is the norm and no person shows up to a 500 jumping up and down all hyped up like a moron to the Black Eyed Peas, but there are plenty of morons out there.

joel_maxwell

30 laps this morning in the pool. 1500 yards. Triceps were fatigued today since I swam Tuesday as well.

They better buck up little camper and get use to it.

14 miles in the morning in snowing conditions. Ground conditions will be at freezing or right above, so it wont stick.

imagination30

a beatutiful 36 this morning... but one bad thing is when your feeling it ,, and you dont get very good milage its dissapointing.. , but oh well .. was looking for a good number this morning but only managed 4.76 blah! .. not happy at all! ...-- the bright side in a month ill be runing in nashville !, and registerd for 2014 disney half in jan!

bethram

Went on weight watchers last week. Want to lose 20 more pounds and do the 2014 Goofy. Gained 3 pounds first week. :)

You'll do great on WW once you get the hang of it. DH has lost 22 pounds in a month and a half, I've lost 14 in the same time period and I've been splurging more in the last couple weeks than I was at the beginning. Neither of us use many of our flex points and we've never even touched our activity points. Good luck!

bethram

11.85 at 9:09 pace, only 1.3 miles to add before the Berry Half Marathon in three weeks. 32 degrees, felt like 27 with the wind chill. Now to hop in the shower and go to work for the morning...

Has anyone run the Gulf Coast Half on Pensacola Beach? I think I'm going to run in at the beginning of April. It's right by my parents house and it's a very flat course. My only concern is the wind.

joel_maxwell

11.85 at 9:09 pace, only 1.3 miles to add before the Berry Half Marathon in three weeks. 32 degrees, felt like 27 with the wind chill. Now to hop in the shower and go to work for the morning...

Has anyone run the Gulf Coast Half on Pensacola Beach? I think I'm going to run in at the beginning of April. It's right by my parents house and it's a very flat course. My only concern is the wind.
A buddy of mine did a full down there last year and said it wasnt bad at all. About 500 feet of vertical elevation (which was a little surprising, but not bad at all)

joel_maxwell

Struggled through a no fun 14.10 miles this morning. My daughter was up for about 3 hours last night. We are cutting teeth. I recall at 3:03am, Sam saying, "No way you are getting up and running". 5:35am alarm went off and reset for 6:35, but I did get up, out the door at 7. I was over tired, knee hurt and a little cold. I manned the F up and did it anyway.

I hate that too because it is snowing outside just enough to be pleasant. Oh well. This might be the second bad run in over a year. Ill take that.

Now, off the go get my new running partner. Mr Toby!

joel_maxwell

My new running partner. Mr Toby!

Me & Mr Toby.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom