What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Welcome Mr. T! And Congrats Joel to you and your girls!
We just rescued a 2 year old Golden/Great Pyranies mix 2 weeks ago. She was shot in the hind leg just before she was rescued. They removed the bullet, 4 days before we got her. She is still limited to her physical activity. I can't wait to be able to get her out for nice some long walks. Not sure about running with her. I kind of like to set the pace.
Thanks! She will learn and run with you with some obedience classes. Im very excited. Already have a pack picked out for her so she can carry her own water etc.

We thought our rescue from 8 years ago would be a more active dog, but all she wants to do is watch birds, stalk birds, kill birds and pluck the feather off birds. She is a bird dog after all.

And PS - way to go rescuing a dog. There are so many that need homes.

Texas84

No, I'm thinking about running the Berry Half Marathon in Rome. I ran the Hot Chocolate in downtown Atlanta in January, I don't know how it's course compares to the Publix, but it was very hilly. I ran decent hills while training for it and I still ended up walking for a couple minutes even though that is something I don't generally do during training runs and really try not to do during races.

Have a friend here who ran Berry. He loved it.

Texas84

Thanks! She will learn and run with you with some obedience classes. Im very excited. Already have a pack picked out for her so she can carry her own water etc.

We thought our rescue from 8 years ago would be a more active dog, but all she wants to do is watch birds, stalk birds, kill birds and pluck the feather off birds. She is a bird dog after all.

And PS - way to go rescuing a dog. There are so many that need homes.

Having a dog to run with would be fun. I just travel too much. An old girlfriend had a Border Collie rescue that I used to 'borrow' but she moved to Atlanta and had to find another home for her. I loved that dog. She used to herd the Westies. Hilarious!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I need to train a wolf...

Anyway, just under 25 mi this morning on the trails.

Took the weekend off because I was getting burnt out in a really bad way.

I was able to get the weight of my gear down from 20+ lbs to around 14-15 lbs. Huge difference.

Run long.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Firstoff - Congrats Joel - I have nothing but respect for those that can welcome an animal into their home. We currently don't have any, as we have crazy schedules, and are not home regularly enough to care for one properly.

I had POSC training for work today (Principles of Subject Control)....aka fight training. We had to do endurance drills where we delivered continual strikes for a pre-determined length of time. I kind of laughed, as I was able to control my breathing, and really never got tired. Others were sweating, and sucking wind bad.

The other announcement I have is that I was chosen to be on our departments CERT team (Correctional Emergency Readiness Team). We're basically a SWAT team for the jail. I had to pass a physical agility test, and go through an interview process. I then had to wait for a spot to open up on the team, which I received. It gives me another incentive to stay in shape, as I have to requalify annually, and I'm counted on in a crisis situation, which can happen at any time. It's something I've been working toward for a long time, and it gives me another check on my list of goals. It's been a good year so far.

We've also committed to doing a half marathon in April, and Color Run in the fall. I'll probably also be doing Tough Mudder again this year.

Kristia

Firstoff - Congrats Joel - I have nothing but respect for those that can welcome an animal into their home. We currently don't have any, as we have crazy schedules, and are not home regularly enough to care for one properly.

I had POSC training for work today (Principles of Subject Control)....aka fight training. We had to do endurance drills where we delivered continual strikes for a pre-determined length of time. I kind of laughed, as I was able to control my breathing, and really never got tired. Others were sweating, and sucking wind bad.

The other announcement I have is that I was chosen to be on our departments CERT team (Correctional Emergency Readiness Team). We're basically a SWAT team for the jail. I had to pass a physical agility test, and go through an interview process. I then had to wait for a spot to open up on the team, which I received. It gives me another incentive to stay in shape, as I have to requalify annually, and I'm counted on in a crisis situation, which can happen at any time. It's something I've been working toward for a long time, and it gives me another check on my list of goals. It's been a good year so far.

We've also committed to doing a half marathon in April, and Color Run in the fall. I'll probably also be doing Tough Mudder again this year.
Good job!! Congrats!

Mr mom

nice looking puppy dog Joel.. We have a terri poo, cute little guy but with his short legs I don't take him running,lol My wife wants another one to keep him company now...
Tore a chest muscle on Friday and oddly enough, not running or doing weights, I was sweeping under the treadmill and and something gave, weird really weird. So I have not touched my weights as I still have a little pain there but went running today, 12.4 miles, absolutely beautiful out there.. sunny and about 15 degrees.

joel_maxwell

I need to train a wolf...

Anyway, just under 25 mi this morning on the trails.

Took the weekend off because I was getting burnt out in a really bad way.

I was able to get the weight of my gear down from 20+ lbs to around 14-15 lbs. Huge difference.

Run long.
You know, I think a husky would be incredible. I dont think it is fair to have them down south. Way to hot down here.

Thanks Brad. Now we have 3 dogs, 2 kids and 1 wife. Im thankful we doubled our house size this year. We needed it. Back to you too, much respect for knowing that you dont have the time so the animal doesnt suffer. A lot of people get them and then neglect them and then get mad at them for acting out.

Nice Brad. Any incentitve to stay in shape, extra responsibility at your job etc will also continue to make you (and others that do this) better people. Fight training.... that sounds cool. Id love to take some self defense classes. Im waiting to take them with my girls when they get old enough. Master Yoda's (aka: Richard) girls are involved in Martial Arts. Got me thinking about that for my girls, so i might as well join them one day.

nice looking puppy dog Joel.. We have a terri poo, cute little guy but with his short legs I don't take him running,lol My wife wants another one to keep him company now...
Tore a chest muscle on Friday and oddly enough, not running or doing weights, I was sweeping under the treadmill and and something gave, weird really weird. So I have not touched my weights as I still have a little pain there but went running today, 12.4 miles, absolutely beautiful out there.. sunny and about 15 degrees.
Yikes. Hope that heals soon.

Thanks, I think he will be a good running dog, if I can keep him out of the creek and on the trail. I have already spotted a good leash from ruffwear.

JillC LI

Hi all. Haven't checked in for several days because I went, er, "cross-training" this weekend (took the kids skiing for the first time!). You'd think with all the running that my calves wouldn't be sore afterwards, but they were killing me the next day. So I skipped my long run this weekend, but I figure I got enough exercise on the slopes. Yesterday I got in a 6 mile run in 45 degree weather which was delightful.

Congrats on the new family member, Joel; he's a beauty! Hope you feel better soon Mr. Mom. Glad to see you getting back in the saddle, so to speak, Coryna. Always can count on you, Nick, to be keeping on keeping on.
:)

Texas84

I've decided to cut out the weekday 3-milers. I'm doing the Power 90 5 days a week and there is some good cardio in there. I'll still do my Sunday run. I'll get back to weekday runs when I start training for DL.

Joel, @joel_maxwell, did you run when you were doing P90X?

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I've decided to cut out the weekday 3-milers. I'm doing the Power 90 5 days a week and there is some good cardio in there. I'll still do my Sunday run. I'll get back to weekday runs when I start training for DL.

@wdwmagic does P90X or P90X2 and runs three times a week. I'm sure he'll share some insights with you once he sees this :)

joel_maxwell

I wasnt a runner yet. However, I am doing like you and eliminating my short run of the week and replacing it with a long cycling day. I think that cancels out, much like P90X would for a short run... and then some.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20+ miles on flat asphalt.

I wanted to kill myself. The most boring run ever. I'll be sticking to trails and steep hills from now on.

Run hard folks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom