What did you do?

Mr mom

Sidewalks were crap, plus some of the plows piled the snow on the intersections, which I had to run over. A brutal 10.4 miles. My joints are sore and my calves are burning. At least the temps were better, 1.5 with wind chill and it will actually go up to 36 today and 46 tomorrow. Gonna feel great by comparison. The warm temps should make the sidewalks much better as well.

imagination30

a Beautiful overcast morning after the rain... at 55 degrees.. pulled a 13.23 with a 8:54 pace.. , i hit 13.1 at 1:55:40.. , but about mile 6 i ran past this old man sitting across the road from his house with his dog.. Yes i have noticed him a couplke of times ... but like joel never thought to speak until day ran past him , and noded ... and he spoke.. hes like boy looking good , i wish i could run like like that.. , i said thank you and smiled and went on my way.. " comments like that really warm your heart makes you work even harder to reach your goals.. :)

JillC LI

Hi folks. Glad those in the area survived the storm. Parts of L.I. got 32" of snow we only got a foot. Still, I did my 7 miles on the treadmill this weekend at 9:48 m/m. Another 4 today.

Congrats Kristi on your age group win - that's pretty cool.

Kristia

Hi folks. Glad those in the area survived the storm. Parts of L.I. got 32" of snow we only got a foot. Still, I did my 7 miles on the treadmill this weekend at 9:48 m/m. Another 4 today.

Congrats Kristi on your age group win - that's pretty cool.
Thanks! :) I didn't have a whole lot of competition lol!

bethram

I'm so impressed by all of you who run 6+ miles a day! I'm lucky to get out of bed with time to run 3 to 4 miles before work.

Today was a workout day. I did Tapout's Competition Core for 47 minutes. Tomorrow I run hills.

Mr mom

Slush and ice, my feet were soaked, I was soaked and my legs are killing me, worse than the fresh snow day. I ended up doing laps around the least icy area. Managed 7.6 miles plus a full workout and a half hour of shoveling heart attack snow.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Just got word that some new sections of the 500 mile course have just been created...and it's slightly more difficult. Yay me...
There is a new phrase I have taken on in the last 2 years. Positive Pessimism. Last years Mercedes Marathon (in 1 week) I said, "It is 27 degrees outside, at least the wind chill makes it feel like 20. Lets go run 26.2"

So, in this case, we would say, "Im about to run 500 miles of extreme world class trails, but at least they have made some of the sections harder."

#positivepessimism

Love it.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
3 miles last night.

I HATE THE TAPER. I just dont trust it every time. Reason, all you read is "Dont increase your mileage by 10% EVER each week." So, I beg to ask, why would you taper down 20 miles total 2 weeks a ago and then this week only about 12.... then bust out 26.2 on Sunday? I know they are experts, I just dont like the taper and feel strongest during my 40 mile week.

Might try things a little different for the Lake Martin 27 miler in a month.

Mr mom

3 miles last night.

I HATE THE TAPER. I just dont trust it every time. Reason, all you read is "Dont increase your mileage by 10% EVER each week." So, I beg to ask, why would you taper down 20 miles total 2 weeks a ago and then this week only about 12.... then bust out 26.2 on Sunday? I know they are experts, I just dont like the taper and feel strongest during my 40 mile week.

Might try things a little different for the Lake Martin 27 miler in a month.

Yeah, I don't get it either

JillC LI

I'm so impressed by all of you who run 6+ miles a day! I'm lucky to get out of bed with time to run 3 to 4 miles before work.

Today was a workout day. I did Tapout's Competition Core for 47 minutes. Tomorrow I run hills.

I think that's great. There's no need to run 6+ miles a day unless you want to. I run 3 or 4 miles a few times on weekdays, and I run longer (7 or 8 miles) on one weekend day. That's my base all the time unless I'm training for something longer than a 10K. I'm impressed by those who do more as well, but no need to feel bad about what you do do. (that sounds funny :p)

Kristia

I think that's great. There's no need to run 6+ miles a day unless you want to. I run 3 or 4 miles a few times on weekdays, and I run longer (7 or 8 miles) on one weekend day. That's my base all the time unless I'm training for something longer than a 10K. I'm impressed by those who do more as well, but no need to feel bad about what you do do. (that sounds funny :p)
Sounds like what I do to! I don't have time to run longer than 3-4 mile runs during the week. I figure it is a good base though and I can do 5ks on a moments notice if I see an interesting one that comes up.

bethram

3.75 miles at 4am and misty rain, 9:13 pace, and ran the big hill in my neighborhood three times, I've never done that before. Usually I only run it twice.

Mr mom

Sidewalks were an icy mess, I wanted to get at least 8 miles in but after one lap around my neighborhood I was doubtful, running was extremely slippery, ended up doing boring laps around an ice free area, roughly half mile laps. Managed to get 10.5 miles in though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom