What did you do?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
5k yesterday morning. My first run since the marathon.....a month ago....yeah, i got lazy. Felt good and strong and ran well. It was on the treadmill, as I can't exactly run outside right now, as I live outside the city, and the roads aren't exactly safe with all the snow and ice.

Felt great to run again.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
25 laps in the pool. Didnt do my 42 laps like last Friday. With my full coming up Sunday, I am not going to over do it, but I wasnt about to miss my swim.

Ash Wednesday. Guess I know what Ill be doing on lunch today.

Mr mom

25 laps in the pool. Didnt do my 42 laps like last Friday. With my full coming up Sunday, I am not going to over do it, but I wasnt about to miss my swim.

Ash Wednesday. Guess I know what Ill be doing on lunch today.

getting dirt on your forehead?

I'm the same way with my exercise, I have to do something to keep limbered up but yeah, don't want to overdo it.

joel_maxwell

getting dirt on your forehead?

I'm the same way with my exercise, I have to do something to keep limbered up but yeah, don't want to overdo it.
Yep. As I said to a co-worker, "Im off to save my soul. Wish me luck" LOL
23 miles on the trails.

7:30 pace on the flat sections.

9 min pace on the hills and rough spots.

Speed is not my thing...and I feel like puking.
Nice pace Nick. I have given up the speed a little too. I really liked it, but I found to be more tweaky injury prone if I sped up to anything under 8 min pace. Those are good splits though and as you know, will build some threshold for you.

Mr mom

Yep. As I said to a co-worker, "Im off to save my soul. Wish me luck" LOL
Nice pace Nick. I have given up the speed a little too. I really liked it, but I found to be more tweaky injury prone if I sped up to anything under 8 min pace. Those are good splits though and as you know, will build some threshold for you.

I'll pick my pace back up in the spring, right now just doing mileage is the important bit. I like having a decent pace but again speed is not everything.

joel_maxwell

I'll pick my pace back up in the spring, right now just doing mileage is the important bit. I like having a decent pace but again speed is not everything.
This morning I was trying to practice a 9:20-9:30 pace for the first 10K Sunday and then down shift. I seriously couldnt run that slow. I was in the 9 range and when i wasnt focusing, Id creep up to 8:45 and faster. I think it is because of the taper and I feel like a race horse wanting to explode. As I said the other day, I might try my own schedule for my next full next month.

Lastly, the forecast has drastically changed (as I said it would here in bham) from previously predicted. 5 days ago they said the low was going to be 35 Sunday, but now it looks to be 25. I guess Ill get the beanie cap and gloves out.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
23 mi on the trails.

Cold start but it quickly warmed up.

Some gear changes raking place, once again. Same set up, but small adjustments.

Run hard folks.

JillC LI

4 miles on treadmill this morning. Speedwork. Started at 8.5 min pace for short intervals and then reduced to 9 min pace for longer intervals. Felt strong.

joel_maxwell

23 mi on the trails.

Cold start but it quickly warmed up.

Some gear changes raking place, once again. Same set up, but small adjustments.

Run hard folks.
After Sunday, Im thinking of changing my rig from a waist belt to a vest. Hmmmmm.
4 miles on treadmill this morning. Speedwork. Started at 8.5 min pace for short intervals and then reduced to 9 min pace for longer intervals. Felt strong.
Good work out Jill.

EOD K9

Last Friday, 50 miles on my indoor road bike, 2 hours and 45 minutes at 18.5 mph. Hashtag spent! Yes, I typed out the word hashtag.

Kristia

Sidewalks were an icy mess, I wanted to get at least 8 miles in but after one lap around my neighborhood I was doubtful, running was extremely slippery, ended up doing boring laps around an ice free area, roughly half mile laps. Managed to get 10.5 miles in though
That is dedication! I don't know if I could do 10.5 miles doing half mile laps. Too much like a treadmill with the repetition!

Kristia

5k yesterday morning. My first run since the marathon.....a month ago....yeah, i got lazy. Felt good and strong and ran well. It was on the treadmill, as I can't exactly run outside right now, as I live outside the city, and the roads aren't exactly safe with all the snow and ice.

Felt great to run again.
I have gotten lazy since getting back too. :rolleyes: I have run a couple times but am having trouble getting into a routine. Next week gonna start back to the regular schedule again. Guess I better sign up for a big race to make sure I keep my butt running!

LindsayLoves

I have gotten lazy since getting back too. :rolleyes: I have run a couple times but am having trouble getting into a routine. Next week gonna start back to the regular schedule again. Guess I better sign up for a big race to make sure I keep my butt running!

Yeah its hard to push yourself out the door without some kind of goal in the near future. Luckily I have a half coming up in March - unluckily the weather has not been too agreeable making me miss a run every week without fail. :mad:

Yesterday an easy 4 miles on hills, I had to get out to make up for all the chocolate I consumed during the day.
Tomorrow I am shooting for 11 miles, we are expecting snow once again so that run might get pushed back to Sunday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom