What did you do?

Kristia

Yeah its hard to push yourself out the door without some kind of goal in the near future. Luckily I have a half coming up in March - unluckily the weather has not been too agreeable making me miss a run every week without fail. :mad:

Yesterday an easy 4 miles on hills, I had to get out to make up for all the chocolate I consumed during the day.
Tomorrow I am shooting for 11 miles, we are expecting snow once again so that run might get pushed back to Sunday.
Yes, this weather is not helping! Although much worse for your area than mine. Today is supposed to be in the 50's. Planning for a run after work today! I don't think the snow for tomorrow is supposed to be too bad. They are only calling for 1 inch in South Jersey.

Mr mom

Yes, this weather is not helping! Although much worse for your area than mine. Today is supposed to be in the 50's. Planning for a run after work today! I don't think the snow for tomorrow is supposed to be too bad. They are only calling for 1 inch in South Jersey.

There is talk of another big storm on sunday through the eastern seaboard, Boston ,NY, Maine etc. And then possibly more next week. For us it will be rain sunday evening and then about 3 to 4 inches of snow.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Last Friday, 50 miles on my indoor road bike, 2 hours and 45 minutes at 18.5 mph. Hashtag spent! Yes, I typed out the word hashtag.
Welcome new guy. At least I think you are new. Nice workout! and I chuckle at hashtag.
That is dedication! I don't know if I could do 10.5 miles doing half mile laps. Too much like a treadmill with the repetition!
Yep. Our boy never lets us down.

Really pleased with my run today, fastest I have ever done over 5 miles.
Today's new best is:
34:14, 6:51 /mi pace

Previous best was:
35:41, 7:08 /mi pace
WOW!. Nice job Steve. You have become very fast indeed. That is the kind of time I like on those pesky short runs. Lets just get it over with.

joel_maxwell

Good luck on Sunday Joel!
Thanks. Only day this week it is dipping into the mid 20's is Sunday morning. LOL, glad I got immunized years ago with the Man the F Up shot and can handle it. Im sad to admit I have aquaintences that arent because of the temps. Got my super tragic thrift store pre race outfit for standing there waiting. It is a purple fleece and pants. Who knew Id rock purple.
Thanks guys! :) It is great to know that I am still improving.
Absolutely. I could rock 6:50 for about 2-3 miles, but to do it for 5, very nice Steve. Congrats!

JillC LI

Last 3 miles this morning before Sunday. Expo today. The nerves are setting in already.

Good luck Joel! You'll do great.

Really pleased with my run today, fastest I have ever done over 5 miles.
Today's new best is:
34:14, 6:51 /mi pace

Most impressive. Way to go.

I was looking forward to running outdoors tomorrow for the first time in 2 weeks, but now they're predicting more snow. We shall see. I don't want to slip unnecessarily but I hate weekend runs on the treadmill.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks. Only day this week it is dipping into the mid 20's is Sunday morning. LOL, glad I got immunized years ago with the Man the F Up shot and can handle it. Im sad to admit I have aquaintences that arent because of the temps. Got my super tragic thrift store pre race outfit for standing there waiting. It is a purple fleece and pants. Who knew Id rock purple.

Yikes 20s! Just typical its on your race day.

LOL now we need to see pics of that start line ensemble!!

Mad Stitch

Every day on my lunch break I check these boards and read about the great things you all have been doing. What did I do, and every day since the WDW Marathon for that matter? Absolutely nothing, I admit it.

joel_maxwell

Good luck Joel! You'll do great.
Hope you get to run outdoors!

Thanks. Im excited and naturally nervous. I know that is normal. Im blue collar like. im not that guy all hollarin' and singin dancing (clears throat.... see Coryna, LOL) I just show up, look like Im bored (but not) and try to kick some butt.
Yikes 20s! Just typical its on your race day.

LOL now we need to see pics of that start line ensemble!!
Yes, 20's. I can handle that obviously. Not a big deal.... but standing around for 20-30 minutes in that is just injuries waiting to happen.

It is getting washed right now on "Sanitize" mode. I wonder if the color will change? Purple top with dark purple bottoms.... we shall see.

joel_maxwell

Good luck!

Another 3 miles today. 10k for me Sunday. Might get down to a chilly 50F. :)
Thanks.

LOL... It will be a "chilly" 50 on Sunday while Im sippin a cold one.

EDIT: BTW, I got back from downtown and they put a Women's Medium in my bag. It isnt like these are pre packed. The lady looked at me, I said Medium, and she gave a me a womens. Im shaving 10 minutes off my time to redeem and prove her wrong... after I exchange my shirt. :)

fmingo36

Got my super tragic thrift store pre race outfit for standing there waiting. It is a purple fleece and pants. Who knew Id rock purple.

Did your girls see the outfit? Did they call you Barney? ;) Pictures please.

Thanks. Im excited and naturally nervous. I know that is normal. Im blue collar like. im not that guy all hollarin' and singin dancing (clears throat.... see Coryna, LOL) I just show up, look like Im bored (but not) and try to kick some butt.
Yes, 20's. I can handle that obviously. Not a big deal.... but standing around for 20-30 minutes in that is just injuries waiting to happen.

:p

Wishing you the best of luck on Sunday. (how many fulls have you done now?)
Hoping you have a successful race! I am sending positive energy your way for good weather and no injuries!
Looking forward to reading about your latest accomplishment on Sunday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom