What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20+ miles. Hit another tree root, got some air, and hit the ground hard on my right forearm and knee. No blood this time, but a very loud
"F------------!!!!!," found it's way out.

Lacking energy lately, but I'm sure it's my breakfast: not enough cals.

Happy New Year to everyone.

JillC LI

Managed to squeeze in one final 2012 run (4m on TM at 9:45 pace). Gonna total up my miles in my Training Log for the year. Do you guys do that? I like to see how many miles I logged each year. Makes me feel productive.

Kristia

Managed to squeeze in one final 2012 run (4m on TM at 9:45 pace). Gonna total up my miles in my Training Log for the year. Do you guys do that? I like to see how many miles I logged each year. Makes me feel productive.
I have my Garmin logs on Garmin Connect. Its great to look back and see how many miles I have run. 625 miles for this year! Not too shabby I guess. Probably a lot less than many of you though! :p

Mr mom

I only just recently started logging my runs, I will definitely keep a full log for the year. Nick's would probably equal a trip around the planet,lol

Witchy Chick

Just got caught up. Past two weeks have been crazy with Christmas prep/recovery. Glad (?) to see I'm in good company with being sick. Head cold with ungodly amounts of congestion for a week now. We actually left early from my Dad's side Christmas get together because I felt so awful.

No running for me lately since I've been sick. Most afternoons, I've been conking out on the sofa. Totally not ready for the 5K. :-(

My DH did 22 miles on the TM the other day - watching Dark Knight Rises. LOL He's in his taper now.

If I don't meet up with any of you during Marathon Weekend, best of luck to y'all running the Half and Full!!!

EDIT: oh - and posted this from my new iPad DH got me for Christmas. It'll be nice to take that on our trip with us. :D

Texas84

My DH did 22 miles on the TM the other day
:eek::confused:o_O;)

Hope you get well soon! :)

I did the self-5K today. Almost perfect weather, 50F and party cloudy but struggled with the wind a bit. At first I was disappointed with my time because I was feeling fast until I realized it was still a new PR!
1-1-13-gc_zps038542bf.jpg

I have my Garmin logs on Garmin Connect. Its great to look back and see how many miles I have run. 625 miles for this year! Not too shabby I guess. Probably a lot less than many of you though! :p

I only just recently started logging my runs, I will definitely keep a full log for the year. Nick's would probably equal a trip around the planet,lol

545 for 2012 . About what Nick does in a weekend. :D

Happy New Year!
あけましておめでとう!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
6 miles on the bike trainer this morning. Lifted weights to. Had to skip my first run in months due to my IT band. It was a little sore so I let it rest yesterday instead of doing something stupid for a measly 4 mile run.

The "resi's" were out in force today at the gym. It will be quiet again in about 2 weeks.

JillC LI

I did the self-5K today. Almost perfect weather, 50F and party cloudy but struggled with the wind a bit. At first I was disappointed with my time because I was feeling fast until I realized it was still a new PR!

545 for 2012 . About what Nick does in a weekend. :D

Happy New Year!
あけましておめでとう!

Yeah, none of us can or should compare ourselves to Nick. He's in a class of his own.
As for me, my 2012 total came to 755 miles. I was pretty pleased with that considering I was sick three times this year plus dealt with Hurricane Sandy and no power (or hot water) for two weeks.

I keep totals so I know when to get new shoes. :)

Yeah, that's another reason I do too.

Just got caught up. Past two weeks have been crazy with Christmas prep/recovery. Glad (?) to see I'm in good company with being sick. Head cold with ungodly amounts of congestion for a week now. We actually left early from my Dad's side Christmas get together because I felt so awful.

No running for me lately since I've been sick. Most afternoons, I've been conking out on the sofa. Totally not ready for the 5K. :-(

Feel better!

Kristia

If I don't meet up with any of you during Marathon Weekend, best of luck to y'all running the Half and Full!
We are going to have a meet up before the Full if you are going to be coming with your husband to the start! Hope you feel better before heading to FL! Its almost here!

a2grafix

Ran with 300-400 of my fellow runners, and some 300K overall nationwide in the first-ever Commitment Day 5K. Ran in shorts but bundled up somewhat for a chilly New Year's Day run off Beale Street and along the Mississippi River. About 41-42F at start but got cooler. Ran it in about 29:59. It was a fun resolution run. Nice turnout. Cooled down and walked home afterward and headed to work. Though it said 42F and cloudy, feel temp was 35F.

dreamfinder

Sat was 5@7:09 w/mile up/down, Sun was 13@:7:49. Yesterday was 45 min on the bike cross train, today was supposed to be speed work, but I've been fighting a lingering calf issue. Doesn't mind distance (or at least I can ignore it enough to keep trucking) but speed work is just to much. Got a mile or so in then switched to the bike for a bit. Don't want to push it 11 days out.

joel_maxwell

5.5 miles this morning in 39 degree weather. I never thought Id check the weather the night before a run and be excited that it was only going to be 39. 27 with a wind chill of 20 Sunday morning was much less pleasant.

Kristia

5.5 miles this morning in 39 degree weather. I never thought Id check the weather the night before a run and be excited that it was only going to be 39. 27 with a wind chill of 20 Sunday morning was much less pleasant.
The wind is what kills me here! 40-50 degrees are my perfect run temps!

Mr mom

I finally got a run in, it was a windy 10 degrees with a wind chill of -9. It felt like I was running with a block of ice against my face. I also think I left one of my lungs on the route but I did 6.4 miles. It still felt good to run again, finally. My lungs are still pretty full though.

joel_maxwell

I finally got a run in, it was a windy 10 degrees with a wind chill of -9. It felt like I was running with a block of ice against my face. I also think I left one of my lungs on the route but I did 6.4 miles. It still felt good to run again, finally. My lungs are still pretty full though.
I dont ind the cold, it is the wind that will make you question life at times. Just kicks you in the gut (and other places).

I think i have found a trend. I only wear my tights if it below 30 and we will have a wind chill (like this past Sunday). I just dont think my IT bands, as of right now, can take that cold for an extended long run (16 miles or so). They consistently only act up when i wear my tights. Working on them now to get them stronger and more flexible. I wish I could say it is the tights and problem solved, but I know it is the cold temps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom