What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
So I did get up and out before the predicted snow hit this morning (so far it's just turned out to be heavy rain, which is fine by me). Didn't take a pic of my Garmin but I did 7 miles at 10:22 min pace which I figure is not bad considering it was my first outdoor run in 3 weeks since being sick. It was extremely cold out, but I dressed properly including gloves and a hat, and I felt snug as a bug.

Actually, it was kind of funny this morning. I dropped my car off for service this morning and figured I'd start running straight from there so I wouldn't have to get a lift home. After I filled out the paperwork and gave them the keys, I started to load myself up with my running belt, fuel bottle, gloves, hat, iPod, etc. Everyone in the waiting room sat there watching me prepare to run while they sat there eating the free donuts! LOL. Made me feel good. Then I ran by a local diner at one point, and a guy coming out smiled and told me I was making him feel bad. I laughed and continued running.

You must be happy to be back on trails, Nick. Nice run.

Enjoy you run tomorrow, Joel.

And if I'm not back on line again in time, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
AWESOME Jill. Nice job.
UGH, I don't know what is going on but my lungs are full again, I am sick of being sick and sick of not getting any runs in.
Damn. I know you are going nuts. Get better soon.

AUPr8Hd

9.5 miles this morning. 41* and wind. I went out in long sleeves and shorts. About 2 or 3 miles in, I wished I'd had leggings or something. Legs were sore from this week's CrossFit workouts. I've got a back to back day tomorrow with 16 on the schedule. Hope the legs feel better tomorrow and will definitely dress warmer.

Only short runs left (longest is 8 next Sunday). Hard to believe Marathon weekend is nearly here

Mr mom

9.5 miles this morning. 41* and wind. I went out in long sleeves and shorts. About 2 or 3 miles in, I wished I'd had leggings or something. Legs were sore from this week's CrossFit workouts. I've got a back to back day tomorrow with 16 on the schedule. Hope the legs feel better tomorrow and will definitely dress warmer.

Only short runs left (longest is 8 next Sunday). Hard to believe Marathon weekend is nearly here

I'd take 2 if I could just do it....

a2grafix

Ran nearly a 10k Saturday afternoon, just about 5.75 miles, in a combination of two runs I have done, and an area I have not ventured in. Plus it was chilly - 32 and partly sunny in Memphis. First time running in cooler than 39 weather, at freezing weather. Not too bad, a little slower and stopped a few times. Took my breath away. Good run. Ran it in 60 minutes, give or take.

One more practice run, likely Sunday, before Tuesday's New Year's Commitment Day 5K. Expected to be mid-30s, maybe low 40s with 50-50 chance of rain. At least it won't be snow.

imagination30

down right chilly this morning. a whooping 25 degrees .. ( but man does it it get the blood flowing hehe) , at some points the wind was hitting me dead on , but as i got to where the wind wasnt hiting me it felt warm.. but a beautiful run of 5.00 . , @ a 8:50 pace.. and while i was runing you could see the full moon was still out.. it was pretty cool!

Mr mom

no run, in fact I feel worse than yesterday, this cannot be a mere cold as I have run over 15 or 16 miles with hellish colds. I did spend 40 minutes shoveling heart attack snow though. now I need a nap

Kristia

no run, in fact I feel worse than yesterday, this cannot be a mere cold as I have run over 15 or 16 miles with hellish colds. I did spend 40 minutes shoveling heart attack snow though. now I need a nap
Hope you feel better soon! I guess with snow like that, I can't complain about wind. I need to get out and run today but I am afraid I will just be running in place! We have gusts today of 50 mph. Hoping it will die down later in the day!

Mr mom

Hope you feel better soon! I guess with snow like that, I can't complain about wind. I need to get out and run today but I am afraid I will just be running in place! We have gusts today of 50 mph. Hoping it will die down later in the day!

Always nice when you turn around though and it is at your back

Texas84

Love reading about the other crazy people running in the cold. :) I did 6.5 miles at 0830, 30F at start with a 22 wind chill. Had 3 layers and still did not ever warm up. Ran the first 2 miles, then took 1-mile water breaks, and ran the last 1.5. The worst part was the 5-minute warm down walk back to the house into the wind. Yeesh.

joel_maxwell

Screen grab I took for the half I did today (voluntarily, self report half). A bit chilly at start. Glad to do it today.

16.5 overall. IT band issues at 13. I was ed to say the least. Im not sure if it is over training, my legs are super tired or the cold. It better go away ASAP. Meds, stretching and foam roller. Now.

Had an issue with a dog walker and no leashes. I had to 40 pound dogs circling me and trying to eat me. It was a 4.5 minute delay until the owner could get them under control.... since he was 50 yards away strolling in the woods!!!!

Anyway, For the Love of the Kids half complete. 16 miles complete per the schedule. Time to have family time.

photo3.jpg

a2grafix

Love reading about the other crazy people running in the cold. :) I did 6.5 miles at 0830, 30F at start with a 22 wind chill. Had 3 layers and still did not ever warm up. Ran the first 2 miles, then took 1-mile water breaks, and ran the last 1.5. The worst part was the 5-minute warm down walk back to the house into the wind. Yeesh.

I feel you. I've lived in all kinds of climates, including 3.5 years in Anchorage and some 35 in northern Ohio and Michigan. I know cold. Now that I reside in Memphis, cold has a new meaning. It was 23-25 early Sunday after the late night movie (Django Unchained - go see it!), and although other Memphians were shivering up a storm, I took the "chill" in stride. It's funny wherever you live and some out of towner like me doesn't think 32F is "frigid." I've gone to work when it was -30F - -25F with a high of -9F. I ran during the winter in early 2011 when it was in the teens F, so 32F in Memphis is "not that cold" but does take getting used to. It's like winterizing your body.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20 degrees here in Jersey and 40-50 mph wind gusts. Today is my rest day though.

Hitting some super tech trails this week, hopefully with a few tough 30 milers. Hoping my kevlar embedded trail knee pads arrive soon ...:D

imagination30

Screen grab I took for the half I did today (voluntarily, self report half). A bit chilly at start. Glad to do it today.

16.5 overall. IT band issues at 13. I was ed to say the least. Im not sure if it is over training, my legs are super tired or the cold. It better go away ASAP. Meds, stretching and foam roller. Now.

Had an issue with a dog walker and no leashes. I had to 40 pound dogs circling me and trying to eat me. It was a 4.5 minute delay until the owner could get them under control.... since he was 50 yards away strolling in the woods!!!!

Anyway, For the Love of the Kids half complete. 16 miles complete per the schedule. Time to have family time.

View attachment 28368
glad im not the only one to have issues with dogs this week lol...

joel_maxwell

I feel you. I've lived in all kinds of climates, including 3.5 years in Anchorage and some 35 in northern Ohio and Michigan. I know cold. Now that I reside in Memphis, cold has a new meaning. It was 23-25 early Sunday after the late night movie (Django Unchained - go see it!), and although other Memphians were shivering up a storm, I took the "chill" in stride. It's funny wherever you live and some out of towner like me doesn't think 32F is "frigid." I've gone to work when it was -30F - -25F with a high of -9F. I ran during the winter in early 2011 when it was in the teens F, so 32F in Memphis is "not that cold" but does take getting used to. It's like winterizing your body.
Ok, now that is cold. I love it being this way right now in Birmingham.
20 degrees here in Jersey and 40-50 mph wind gusts. Today is my rest day though.

Hitting some super tech trails this week, hopefully with a few tough 30 milers. Hoping my kevlar embedded trail knee pads arrive soon ...:D
*picks self up off floor*
glad im not the only one to have issues with dogs this week lol...
It makes me so mad. Especially when they say, "I dont know what got into Fido this morning. His ego must be going crazy today" Hey buddy, dont act like this is a shock to you. Dogs rarely just start being aggressive from 50 yards away. Next time Im going to keep going and if they follow me for 16 miles, so be it. Shocker, but they had no collars on either.

Kristia

Not my rest day today! It was about 35 here by me, but we did have the major wind gusts! 6 miles @10:49 pace. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be because we had a tailwind for a good portion. Have fun on the trails this week! Just curious...do you have to travel far to get to the trails? Seems that you would since there aren't many tech trails at the Jersey shore! :)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Not my rest day today! It was about 35 here by me, but we did have the major wind gusts! 6 miles @10:49 pace. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be because we had a tailwind for a good portion. Have fun on the trails this week! Just curious...do you have to travel far to get to the trails? Seems that you would since there aren't many tech trails at the Jersey shore! :)
Nope. I run 4.89 miles to the Allaire trails; legal and the unblazed trails, run 20 miles there, and then run 4.89 miles back home. Sometimes I'll drive the 5 mins there, run 25-30 miles and then drive home quick. Alot of those trails are made by hikers and mountain bikers and not sanctioned by the county park commission. Those are the ones that are dangerous and technical :D

Kristia

Nope. I run 4.89 miles to the Allaire trails; legal and the unblazed trails, run 20 miles there, and then run 4.89 miles back home. Sometimes I'll drive the 5 mins there, run 25-30 miles and then drive home quick. Alot of those trails are made by hikers and mountain bikers and not sanctioned by the county park commission. Those are the ones that are dangerous and technical :D
I love Allaire! Haven't been there in few years and that was in my pre-running days. It is so pretty there.

a2grafix

Nice easy run of about 2.50 miles in around 22 minutes in around my apartment in Downtown Memphis, to get me ready for Tuesday's Commitment Day 5K on New Year's Day. 42F to start and 45F to end, mostly cloudy with looming rain clouds in the western horizon.

Saw many Iowa State and Tulsa football fans while I was running. Both teams play in the Liberty Bowl Monday afternoon, likely in the rain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom