What did you do?

JillC LI

I've come up ill the last couple days. Not great timing, but hopefully I'm getting it out of the way before our trip. It looks like it's a bad throat infection...bronchitis...probably gonna see the doc tomorrow.

Ugh, I hope you get well faster than I did.

Sounds like there were a lot of great Christmas Day runs going on. Count me in. I worked up to an easy paced 5 miles on the treadmill yesterday. Quads feel better. So glad to be back in action.

Saw a trailer for the new Disney movie OzL The Great & Powerful last night - looks cool.

GoofyRacer11

Good job. How were the Metropark trails? Lots of snow and ice? When the snow sticks is where I draw the line for running outdoors. For me it's now worth the risk of slipping on a patch of ice.
Actually they weren't that bad! We started just before 9:30am so they were well plowed. There was barely any snow on the trails, but there were several spots that had ice on them, but not big enough to cause us to slip and fall. However, we still needed to stop and walk carefully over some of them.

Now this weekend might be different due to the blizzard we are having, as you probably know. But thankfully, I'm done training for the Goofy Challenge and will only be running 13 miles on Sunday so it shouldn't be that bad.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Trails, trails, miles and miles.

This was this morning...a frequent happening :D

image.jpg

image.jpg

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Quick trail run. Not worth posting the mileage, for me anyway.

Lots of work today. Training getting interupted too often, puts me in a s----y mood.

Guess I'll be eating a normal 1800-2000 cals today instead of my 3500-4000 cals.

JillC LI

Nick, you're killin' me with the gory photos. More power to ya, but you're killin' me and my weak stomach! :D

As for me, 3 miles on TM this morning - middle mile at 8:30 pace which is fast for me. I didn't want to do any more speedwork than that coming off my recovery and 12 days of no running. Feeling good though.

Oh, btw, I posted my TR on the Universal forum for that part of our trip if anyone is interested:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...trip-report-for-12-13-12.857495/#post-5252805

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Quick trail run. Not worth posting the mileage, for me anyway.

Lots of work today. Training getting interupted too often, puts me in a s----y mood.

Guess I'll be eating a normal 1800-2000 cals today instead of my 3500-4000 cals.
Glass half full = you save a few $ today in cutting your intake of food down.
Glass half empty = no room/excuse for more beer

joel_maxwell

Nick, you're killin' me with the gory photos. More power to ya, but you're killin' me and my weak stomach! :D

As for me, 3 miles on TM this morning - middle mile at 8:30 pace which is fast for me. I didn't want to do any more speedwork than that coming off my recovery and 12 days of no running. Feeling good though.

Oh, btw, I posted my TR on the Universal forum for that part of our trip if anyone is interested:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...trip-report-for-12-13-12.857495/#post-5252805
Cool, heading now to read while on lunch break.

Look at you speedster! ;)

Texas84

Always enjoy a little blood here on the WDW site. :eek: ;)

3 miles this AM and Power 90 cardio in the PM. Three stops for traffic 0600-0630. Must be people working in retail. The forecast this morning was 30 with a 24 windchill but it turned out to be a balmy 40 with 32 wind chill. Nice.

joel_maxwell

have not done much in a few days, the holidays are taking their toll,ugh
I have suffered through and not missed a workout, but I am DONE with them. I love this time of year, but it takes its toll. I am physically sore from them. I am more tired and sore from them than a full blown 40 miles a week run schedule. The kids are done, Sam is done and I am done. Im just trying to survive past NY's and then the kids are back in school.

imagination30

when i started it was a cold blisery 34, so i decided not to take my long run today!.. , a short run would be in order... so i did 3.33 in a 9:09 pace , and the first half mile from my house being chased by a dog.. , ( it kinda threw my pace off) but when i got done it had warmed up a degree ... :)

JillC LI

I have suffered through and not missed a workout, but I am DONE with them. I love this time of year, but it takes its toll. I am physically sore from them. I am more tired and sore from them than a full blown 40 miles a week run schedule. The kids are done, Sam is done and I am done. Im just trying to survive past NY's and then the kids are back in school.

For some reason this seems like the longest school break ever! The kids are complaining that they're bored so much that I think they'd almost rather be back in school!

I was planning on doing 7 miles Sunday morning (my longest run since being so sick), but we're supposed to get snow on Saturday so I think I'll do it Saturday morning so I can be outdoors instead of on the TM.

joel_maxwell

For some reason this seems like the longest school break ever! The kids are complaining that they're bored so much that I think they'd almost rather be back in school!

I was planning on doing 7 miles Sunday morning (my longest run since being so sick), but we're supposed to get snow on Saturday so I think I'll do it Saturday morning so I can be outdoors instead of on the TM.
My kids are still just so hung over. Sleeping till 8 or 8:30 when they usually get up at 7 or 7:30. Grouchy too.

YES. Get outdoors and get that fresh air. Hope you have a great run.

I have a do-it-yourself unoffical New Years Resolution 13.1 benefiting For the Love of the Kids tomorrow morning. Schedule calls for 16 though. You self report on their website your time etc. It is an honor code since they give out place finishing medals. Ill take a picture of my Garmin at 13.1 and keep running. They have a FB page to upload pics if you like. I cant run fast tomorrow since it is a LSD (Long slow distance) run, but you never know. The tech shirt and bling come in after you post your time. Ill take the bling, but I would have given $40 any day to an org like that. Helping kids that require 24 hour medical attention attend summer camp, special functions etc. Just breaks my heart. Even if it is still raining in the morning, Ill still be smiling.

joel_maxwell

20 DnB's this afternoon in the pool. Note to self: Swimming in the afternoon sucks like running in the afternoon. Too much on the stomach and doesnt feel good. Id rather run/swim on an empty stomach.

Running for the kids in the am. Love it.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
25 mi on trails yesterday.

Taking this from Joel: we should all post a pic of our running watches after our runs today or whenever. Show off your mileage or time or avg pace, etc...

joel_maxwell

Taking this from Joel: we should all post a pic of our running watches after our runs today or whenever. Show off your mileage or time or avg pace, etc...
My run is postponed till tomorrow morning. The actual date of the Run for the Kids. I wanted to get my run done today, but one of the kids had a bad fever on meds at 3am and was taken to the ER. Everyone is ok now, but my run had to be pushed back. No problem.

JillC LI

YES. Get outdoors and get that fresh air. Hope you have a great run.

So I did get up and out before the predicted snow hit this morning (so far it's just turned out to be heavy rain, which is fine by me). Didn't take a pic of my Garmin but I did 7 miles at 10:22 min pace which I figure is not bad considering it was my first outdoor run in 3 weeks since being sick. It was extremely cold out, but I dressed properly including gloves and a hat, and I felt snug as a bug.

Actually, it was kind of funny this morning. I dropped my car off for service this morning and figured I'd start running straight from there so I wouldn't have to get a lift home. After I filled out the paperwork and gave them the keys, I started to load myself up with my running belt, fuel bottle, gloves, hat, iPod, etc. Everyone in the waiting room sat there watching me prepare to run while they sat there eating the free donuts! LOL. Made me feel good. Then I ran by a local diner at one point, and a guy coming out smiled and told me I was making him feel bad. I laughed and continued running.

You must be happy to be back on trails, Nick. Nice run.

Enjoy you run tomorrow, Joel.

And if I'm not back on line again in time, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Mr mom

UGH, I don't know what is going on but my lungs are full again, I am sick of being sick and sick of not getting any runs in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom