What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Loving dreamfinder's avatar :D

21+ miles on the trails. Low energy, bonked the last 5 miles. Keep going.

Hooked up an in-line filtration system to my hydration vest. Filling up with stream water now to drop the weight of the extra water I carry.

Run hard folks.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
@dreamfinder: Love your new avatar!

@joel_maxwell: nice negative split, if it makes you feel any better I doubt the deer could keep that pace for 7 miles...
Thanks, I cant believe it, I get to sleep in to 6am tomorrow since I only have to run 4 miles. Holy cow. Tuesday was 4:55 with my brick workout and today was 5:25 for 7 miles. Its the little things. ;)

Maybe, but I think those guys can scoot.

dreamfinder

Awwww! Love your new avatar dreamfinder! Cute puppy dog!
Nice avatar! Finally.
@dreamfinder: Love your new avatar!
Loving dreamfinder's avatar :D

Thanks guys. Only took me 3 months to get it uploaded.... And in another 3 weeks I should be swapping it out for one with quad bling instead. ; )

I have no idea what that means.
LOL... (9) 400 meter speed/sprints at 1 minute and 32 seconds a piece with 400 Repeat Intervals.

If Im not right, then beats the hell out of me.

Joel was almost there. 9x means 9 sets. 400@1:32 means 400 meters (1/4 mi ish) in 1 min 32 seconds. w/400 RI is a 400 meter Rest Interval. Rest Intervals mean drop from a sprint down to a jog/run. Enough to catch your break before it starts all over again.

I heard some ruckus in the woods and something ran really hard into a chain link fence on the edge of property. Next thing you know, 2 deer are running parallel to me in the woods. They won the race to the end of the street. :mad:

Just means you gotta train harder, faster, and longer than the deer do. Get on that!

joel_maxwell

Just means you gotta train harder, faster, and longer than the deer do. Get on that!
Do I get a white bushy tail as bling if I beat them? That was the only thing I could really see. The white fur around their bottom and their big white fluffy tails.

*get your minds out of the gutter guys*

joel_maxwell

4.25 miles in the rain this morning.

Side note: Im doing my best not to get sick, and it doesnt help when employees come to work sick. Really es me off. I got the odds against me with having kids, but I really dont need it in the work place either. My rant is over.

JillC LI

Running with deer - now THAT's cool!

I wish I could get back to running. I'm still so sick. Been on antibiotics since Monday but they're not helping so I guess it's a virus. I'll run through a head cold but this is all in my chest, and I can't seem to get in enough oxygen to fill my lungs when I try to breathe deeply, so no way I can run or even cross-train. I can't stand being totally out of commission.

Side note: Im doing my best not to get sick, and it doesnt help when employees come to work sick. Really es me off. I got the odds against me with having kids, but I really dont need it in the work place either. My rant is over.

I understand your rant, I really do, but with absolutely no vacation time left this year (and I don't get sick days or personal days because I work part-time), I'm afraid I'm one of those annoying people who has come into work sick. :( I have no choice. I try to keep to myself as much as possible though.

Mr mom

I wish I could get back to running. I'm still so sick. Been on antibiotics since Monday but they're not helping so I guess it's a virus. I'll run through a head cold but this is all in my chest, and I can't seem to get in enough oxygen to fill my lungs when I try to breathe deeply, so no way I can run or even cross-train. I can't stand being totally out of commission.

I understand your rant, I really do, but with absolutely no vacation time left this year (and I don't get sick days or personal days because I work part-time), I'm afraid I'm one of those annoying people who has come into work sick. :( I have no choice. I try to keep to myself as much as possible though.

I have /had the same virus I think, laid me up for about two weeks. finally getting my running back on tap, 6.4 today, 12 before that and 7.5 before that I also finally got my workouts going as well. Glad you had a good time, I can't wait for spring and my trip

joel_maxwell

These are 20 somethings... and they have no kids, all sick time and actually a few vacation days from what i understand. Our boss in incredible. Even if you are out of sick days, he will send you home.

Hope you feel better! Get well soon Jill.

Witchy Chick

Hey everybody!!! ::waves madly:: Sorry I haven’t posted much the past couple weeks. Work has been strangely busy. :confused:

My morning runs have been going OK. I got 1.3 TM miles in this morning in about 17 minutes. A severe lack of “big” weekend runs, though. I’m trying to cram training in over these next 3 weeks. Yeahhhhh, that should work. Haha

So the BIG REVEAL went super fantabulous amazingly well!!!!!!!! It was one of the greatest moments of my life as a parent. I'm going to try to try to create a Pre-Trip Report in the Trip Reports forum with the details. But I have to look up Coryna's instructions on how to post photos first. I uploaded them to Photo Bucket already but I don't remember how to post them here. Needless to say, there was a lot of screaming for joy, jumping up and down, hugging and kissing, and everything we imagined that moment would be. We did take video, but I won't be able to post that. But when I figure out how to post the two pictures I took, you will see the utter surprise absolute and joy beyond joy on their faces. It was priceless.

Wonderful!!! I’m so glad your reveal was a success!!

I'm baaaaaaaaack! Actually, I've been back since Sunday night but unfortunately I've also been siiiiiiiick. Still am. Probably with bronchitis because I can't seem to get enough air or stop coughing. Too sick to run kind of sick. Ugh. But enough of that.

Feel better soon!! I love that shirt!

I heard some ruckus in the woods and something ran really hard into a chain link fence on the edge of property. Next thing you know, 2 deer are running parallel to me in the woods. They won the race to the end of the street. :mad:

LOL at you racing deer.

4.25 miles in the rain this morning.

I hear ya’. I’m totally screwed. Coworkers coming in sick, two rugrats at home (and in preschool with other germ-factories……um, I mean, kids :D) and DH is an elementary school teacher.

Gonna try to get a "big" run in on Saturday. Sunday begins day after day holiday celebrating. My cousin is unable to make it to my aunt's (her own mother's) Christmas evening, so we're getting together with her (my cuz) on Sunday. Christmas Eve at the in-laws'. Christmas Day at my Dad's extended family (daytime) and my mom's extended family (evening).

♫ It's the most wonderful time........of the year. ♫ haha

LindsayLoves

Yesterday 4 miles at around 9:26/mile average. Low energy, heavy legs, overall bad run.

Today 4.15mi negative splits - 9:15, 9:08, 9:03, and 8:48. What a difference a day makes!

I am going to head home and write a love letter to my new Saucony Mirage 2's. My ITB has been in check since strapping them on, I still feel it but there is no pain which is HUGE for me.

joel_maxwell

Co-worker that i was ed at earlier for coming to work saying it was "just a sinus infection".... left at lunch with a fever. She has the flu. I swear. I think it should be a obligation by companies that if you work in a social setting, it should be required to get a flu shot. She didnt. I know the argument this year about the flu strain/flu shot was off and not right, but even so, she doubled her chances. Glad I was exposed to her yesterday and half day today.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Speaking of deer: I'm fortunate enough to get to see them just about everyday on my runs. It's nice to see them in their environment rather than their heads on the wall, as I had to endure growing up in a hunting family. I'll never understand that.

25mi on the trails yesterday. It's eating me alive. Going back for more.

dreamfinder

All the sickness sucks. Just think of how in a few weeks you could have some fresh squeezed orange juice to make it all better. Assuming you are going down for Marathon weekend... And have a rental car/drive by the welcome center... Or manage to find an orange grove within 300 miles of WDW... Ok, just think about being at WDW running cross a finish line. That should do the trick!

Even though I think my DW gets sicks from her coworkers, including her boss who has 2 kids who seem to be constantly sick, she always blames me. Claims that I'm a carrier. I get sniffles for a day or two, and then 2 days later she gets the plague, and it's all my fault.

Today was 40 mins of bike cross training.

joel_maxwell

Speaking of deer: I'm fortunate enough to get to see them just about everyday on my runs. It's nice to see them in their environment rather than their heads on the wall, as I had to endure growing up in a hunting family. I'll never understand that.

25mi on the trails yesterday. It's eating me alive. Going back for more.
Absolutely Nick. I love seeing animals in their natural environment... or animals being rehabilitated in reserves.

Nice mileage as always!
All the sickness sucks. Just think of how in a few weeks you could have some fresh squeezed orange juice to make it all better. Assuming you are going down for Marathon weekend... And have a rental car/drive by the welcome center... Or manage to find an orange grove within 300 miles of WDW... Ok, just think about being at WDW running cross a finish line. That should do the trick!

Even though I think my DW gets sicks from her coworkers, including her boss who has 2 kids who seem to be constantly sick, she always blames me. Claims that I'm a carrier. I get sniffles for a day or two, and then 2 days later she gets the plague, and it's all my fault.

Today was 40 mins of bike cross training.
I live for OJ. Love it.

joel_maxwell

Rocked the pool this morning. Ok, rocked by my standards.

From last Fridays workout with 15 down and backs, I added 10 today for a total of 25 DnB's (1,250 yards). Just like my running, I felt better after 20, so I put on the power hand paddles and did the last 5 in sprint mode. Making down the pool in 15-20 seconds instead of 30.

What a great day and workout. :D

imagination30

beautiful but very, i mean very windy.. 34 degrees .. did 10.32 @ a 9:11 pace ( the pace was bad , bc of the freakin wind).. i hit head winds at mile 4 , and 6 very very bad!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom