What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Luckily shotgun season only lasts a week!! It gets crazy around here. On my way to work, I see dozens of hunters standing on the side of the road with their guns out. They are waiting for the crazy ones in the woods that are driving the deer towards the road and into the waiting guns. Yeah that seems fair. Welcome to the world of South Jersey gun clubs!
Wow, that makes me sick to my stomach. They can't even call themselves hunters, just scumbags.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
It doesn't help that you are wearing all black.
Maybe you should get some camo running gear and then you could run up to some of the hunters and freak them out!
I plan on peeing near their tree stands and anywhere I can track the deer's routes so it drives them away from the hunter's range. I'll also be yelling and screaming and blowing my safety whistle to spook the animals away.

Texas84

Just under 25 miles today on asphalt :mad:

I have to pick up an orange armband so idiot hunters don't shoot my a-- on the trails. Yup, shotgun season started today, and I wish the black bears and deer could shoot back :D
(I was raised in a hunting family, and I was forced to learn how to track and hunt, but I REFUSED to ever kill an animal. Ah, to be the black sheep / family disappointment...Sorry to any hunters out there, but you could swap out the rifle for a camera...just my opinion).

Anyway, I won't be on the trails until I pick up said armband.

Doing math/calculations for my 500 miler. Attempting a 192 hour finish, running approx. 62 miles a day, for 8 days. As of this past May, runner's on that mountain course are averaging 3-4 hours on a 10 mile loop...damn. This will not be easy...hell yes!

Run hard folks. If you're not in terrible pain, you didn't do enough.
Seriously, probably not your style but get one of those reflective orange worker vests. I wear one when I run in the dark.

dreamfinder

37 (?) mins on the bike, lots of short speed work bursts mixed in there.

Fantastic! Good for you.

As for me, I stepped on something and cut the center of my heel awhile back, and I have been running nonetheless, despite the bearable pain. It usually subsided once the endorphins kicked in. Well on Sunday when I woke up, I could barely walk on it. So what did I do? I went out to run 7 miles. The first two miles hurt so bad, and I wound up altering my running form to compensate for the pain, landing more on my forefoot or the side of my foot. So, of course, today my calf and hip are sore, I'm sure from the change in my stride. Think I'll run later. Maybe I'll stick an extra cushy heel pad in my running shoe.

The calf/hip pain sound like they are definitely from shifting your stride. When I started to shift from the landing on the heel to the landing on the front, I felt it in the same exact areas. Depending on your take, that may be an ok pain to have. Changing to the front foot landing instead of heel landing still seems to be recommended as a more natural way to run, even if you stick with traditional shoes. The bad part with that is it will usually take a few weeks (or longer) to adjust to the new style of running. Not sure if that is something you want to investigate long term at this point in your training or not.

I plan on peeing near their tree stands and anywhere I can track the deer's routes so it drives them away from the hunter's range. I'll also be yelling and screaming and blowing my safety whistle to spook the animals away.

Sounds good to me. The hunters across the road from us go after birds mostly, so no stands. Can't do much to them but raise a racket when walking the dog to keep the birds away.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I really give you guys that do this running/working out thing with kids kudos. I don't know if I would able to do that. Juggling working and all our animals is tough but I can't imagine doing it with kids too!

PS...38 days I think! My husband has the countdown on his phone but he isn't here now. :)
It is hectic, but it makes you stay disciplined and never miss a workout in the morning because the "Oh, Ill just do it tonight after the kids go to bed" never works because something always comes up or eats into that time. I love while reading running guru's and schedules they always call for a rest day. Is that possible with a 1 and 4 yr old. I dont think so. LOL.
It doesn't help that you are wearing all black.
Maybe you should get some camo running gear and then you could run up to some of the hunters and freak them out!
I think Nick should start picking them off with a paintball gun. I might rather get shot then hit in the neck with a paintball gun. Dear lord those things hurt.

Yes, and Yes! You should come up with a cadence like the military sing but make it about d-bag hunters.

Mickey&Minnie

I've been sidelined for the second time this wacky winter/summer weather season except this time it's the flu. Had a temp of 101.8 yesterday but today it has dropped down. Good job everyone else. Hope to be out there with everyone else soon.

JillC LI

The calf/hip pain sound like they are definitely from shifting your stride. When I started to shift from the landing on the heel to the landing on the front, I felt it in the same exact areas. Depending on your take, that may be an ok pain to have. Changing to the front foot landing instead of heel landing still seems to be recommended as a more natural way to run, even if you stick with traditional shoes. The bad part with that is it will usually take a few weeks (or longer) to adjust to the new style of running. Not sure if that is something you want to investigate long term at this point in your training or not.

You're right about what the experts say, but I ascribe to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" theory, and would rather not try to significantly change my running form at this stage, especially given my (lack of) speed. On the bright side, my heel was feeling a tad better yesterday when I went out to run, so I was able to return to my normal stride. In fact, my pace was pretty fast for me - 9:27 min/mile for 4.5 miles. The heel injury is not healing fast at all though, and the pain still comes and goes, so I think I'm going to be dealing with this for awhile.

I've been sidelined for the second time this wacky winter/summer weather season except this time it's the flu. Had a temp of 101.8 yesterday but today it has dropped down. Good job everyone else. Hope to be out there with everyone else soon.

Ugh. Last time I had the flu, I passed out in the parking lot of my local drug store when i went to pick up some medicine. Thankfully no cars hit me before I roused! Since then I've taken the flu shot every year (although I do realize it is not 100% effective). I hope you are feeling better soon. Take it easy.

Nick, be safe out there with those shotguns.

Tracey, good job trying to sneak in the morning runs. At first they suck, but then they become routine, and it's so much easier to fit them into your day before the kids awaken.

Joel, LOL re your Ryan Lochte comeback!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Joel - Growing up with firearms my whole childhood, I am an awesome marksman ;)
...but an animal, I will not kill.

23 miles today. Asphalt. I hate it. The traffic, the people, etc... I need to run in the woods like an animal...and pee where ever the hell I want :D

Next year's race schedule:
Goofy
Wissahicckon 12 hour
McN500 mi
Leadville 100
Virgil Crest 100

I'll be missing Old Dominion 100 in favor of McN500 but it's worth it!!

Run hard, or sit your on the couch. No safe middle ground.

Texas84

On the way home from work saw a guy jogging with regular tennis shoes and breathing really hard. He was out there trying. Much respect.

Switched back to mornings. Too many crazy drivers trying to get home in the afternoon and I have more time to react to drowsy driver headlights. Did 3 miles in heavy fog with NO walk breaks. Just put it on cruise. Wonder if my reflective gear was working because I had to divert into someone's yard 4 times. Garmin said I was 'overreaching' again. I think it needs 4-5 runs to calibrate.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Joel - Growing up with firearms my whole childhood, I am an awesome marksman ;)
...but an animal, I will not kill.

23 miles today. Asphalt. I hate it. The traffic, the people, etc... I need to run in the woods like an animal...and pee where ever the hell I want :D

Next year's race schedule:
Goofy
Wissahicckon 12 hour
McN500 mi
Leadville 100
Virgil Crest 100

I'll be missing Old Dominion 100 in favor of McN500 but it's worth it!!
I have only shot a gun twice. :O That's right. A guy that has lived in Alabama for 37 years has only pulled the trigger twice. I had a BB gun, but that doesnt count. Unless you are talking about the one time I shot a bird and killed it as a kid. Tore me up. I couldnt believe I actually killed it. I stuck to tin cans after that.

Nice schedule for next year. Mine is something new for me:
Mercedes Full
Terrapin Tri
JCC sprint Tri
Buster Britton Sprint Tri

All that is before June. So it will be a busy spring.

Run hard, or sit your on the couch. No safe middle ground.
Yep, and if you sit on the couch, no complaining about how you look, feel or what you would like to accomplish.
On the way home from work saw a guy jogging with regular tennis shoes and breathing really hard. He was out there trying. Much respect.

Switched back to mornings. Too many crazy drivers trying to get home in the afternoon and I have more time to react to drowsy driver headlights. Did 3 miles in heavy fog with NO walk breaks. Just put it on cruise. Wonder if my reflective gear was working because I had to divert into someone's yard 4 times. Garmin said I was 'overreaching' again. I think it needs 4-5 runs to calibrate.
Ive been there. My first pair of running shoes I cut the grass in now. It humbles me a little. LOL

Yes, running in the afternoon (IMHO) is more dangerous that running later at night in the dark. People are getting off work and very tired. Like me.

Witchy Chick

Yes, Look out Ryan... there is a slow runner in lane one that is going to get in your way.

:D

haha. I was going to go with Michael Phelps (as he is my local boy), but remembered he is "retired" now.

Nick -- sorry your trail runs are being interrupted by hunting season. Definitely get some orange gear (although I know that messes with the all-black motif).

Luckily shotgun season only lasts a week!! It gets crazy around here. On my way to work, I see dozens of hunters standing on the side of the road with their guns out. They are waiting for the crazy ones in the woods that are driving the deer towards the road and into the waiting guns. Yeah that seems fair. Welcome to the world of South Jersey gun clubs!

Definitely unfair. :(

I really give you guys that do this running/working out thing with kids kudos. I don't know if I would able to do that. Juggling working and all our animals is tough but I can't imagine doing it with kids too!

PS...38 days I think! My husband has the countdown on his phone but he isn't here now. :)

I have a countdown calculator on one of my browser tabs here at work and refresh it every morning. 36 days!! Yesterday, I ordered our PhotoPass+ and rented a stroller for the chicklets during our trip. Not much left for me to do.....except all the Christmas stuff, start planning DS's party (12 days after our return from Disney), and oh yeah........packing for Disney. Lemme get through Christmas first.....

Finished the evening off with 4.5 miles on the bike, followed by an hour of weights. :)

Nice job!!!

37 (?) mins on the bike, lots of short speed work bursts mixed in there.

Nice job for you too!!

5k lasat night , report in the galxy of lights 5k report.. , but Finished 23. 32... with a 7.35 pace.. and a nice trophy and a giftcard.. --- and almost took out a stroller!:/

Nice pace -- watch those strollers!! LOL

It is hectic, but it makes you stay disciplined and never miss a workout in the morning because the "Oh, Ill just do it tonight after the kids go to bed" never works because something always comes up or eats into that time. I love while reading running guru's and schedules they always call for a rest day. Is that possible with a 1 and 4 yr old. I dont think so. LOL.

Yes, this is me to a t!! And rest?? ha. I have an almost 3 year-old and a 4.5 year old. At least they keep each other entertained (when they're not beating the cr@p out of each other). :rolleyes:

7.25 miles on the trainer this morning and weights.

Happy Tuesday.

Excellent!!

Boo. Hope you feel better soon!!

Tracey, good job trying to sneak in the morning runs. At first they suck, but then they become routine, and it's so much easier to fit them into your day before the kids awaken.

Thanks! After two morning (Mon and today), I think it's already a routine. LOL I'm thinking if I can do mornings 2-3x a week and then a longer run on weekends, I might actually be ready for the Disney 5K in 6 weeks. ;)

Wonder if my reflective gear was working because I had to divert into someone's yard 4 times. Garmin said I was 'overreaching' again. I think it needs 4-5 runs to calibrate.

Yikes. And I read "overreaching" as "over-reacting" and thought your Garmin was giving you grief for diverting out of traffic. haha

4.24 miles this morning. As stated before, I averaged 37:00-37:10 the last 4 weeks on this run... well, I was tired of being too predictable. LOL. 36:00 this morning.

Happy hump day. *snicker*

heh heh -- he said "hump." (Settle down, Beavis.)

I got a 1.3 mile run in this morning in 17:21 I think. .6 run, .1 walk, .6 run.......and done. I feel a lot better running in the mornings than I do trying to squeeze a run in at night when I am wiped out. Plus this early morning running is simulating the Disney 5K -- early in the morning, no food, no coffee. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom