What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Holidays in WDW = f'ing awesome
I cant believe we are already approaching the age where kids cant miss school for vacations. So, those late September and early October trips with the kids are going to turn into Thanksgiving break, Christmas break, spring break and summer trips. Oy!

At least ill get to see the World during the holidays. As many trips as I have taken, I have never seen it after October and before May.

Witchy Chick

Yes I did! Thursday January 17th. I am so excited. We have never tried it before because every time I have tried in the past it has been completely booked for our whole trip.

Cool!! I'm glad you will be able to do the Dessert Party this trip. I am sooooo looking forward to it!

I cant believe we are already approaching the age where kids cant miss school for vacations. So, those late September and early October trips with the kids are going to turn into Thanksgiving break, Christmas break, spring break and summer trips. Oy!

HA! My husband is a teacher. We can never take an "off-season" vacation. Even the upcoming January trip is fraught with "well, I really shouldn't take this time off" guilt on behalf of DH and MIL (who also works in the school system). It was really dicey when I mistakenly thought the Monday after Marathon Weekend was also MLK Day. It is "frowned upon" to combine time off with a scheduled holiday. OY.

Once our kids start school -- I'll have to take off-season vacations alone. :cool: ;)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Run got screwed up due to the final contractor doing work at oir house not showing up for 6 1/2 hours.

Tomorrow I'll run a 40 miler. If my phone rings or beeps interupting my run, it's getting destroyed.

Mr mom

I really did not feel like doing anything this morning, but I started with the weights and soon limbered up. I then debated my run due to sore legs and thought, no better not give Nick any negative stuff, so off i went. 17.6 degrees outside and zero with the wind chill, factor in a light dusting of snow , a crappy salting job that left some icy areas and others with salt mounds and it was not a great enviroment. I still managed 10.1 miles and that ramped my weekly total up to 70 miles for the week. Now I get two days to relax.

joel_maxwell

11 down and backs (22 lenghts) in the pool this am. Arms were fatigued quicker today. Might be from the bigger lift day of weights on Monday & Tuesday. Not sure. It was a good day, not as good as last Friday, but Ill take it.

Long run in the am. Temps back up in the mid 40's, so the water pods will be topped off to ensure I have enough fluids. I would like 30's, but Ill take anything under 50 with a smile.

JillC LI

I really did not feel like doing anything this morning, but I started with the weights and soon limbered up. I then debated my run due to sore legs and thought, no better not give Nick any negative stuff, so off i went. 17.6 degrees outside and zero with the wind chill, factor in a light dusting of snow , a crappy salting job that left some icy areas and others with salt mounds and it was not a great enviroment. I still managed 10.1 miles and that ramped my weekly total up to 70 miles for the week. Now I get two days to relax.

Nick - your amazing work ethic has rubbed off on all of us! Thank you for the motivation.

joel_maxwell

Nick - your amazing work ethic has rubbed off on all of us! Thank you for the motivation.
Yep, the last thing I want to do is wake up on a Saturday and text Nick a picture of me sitting on my couch. Nope, usually it is something from the road with a "Good morning buddy". And I get one back. Love staying in contact because it is motivating, but it is so much more than that. As Nick would agree, it doesnt matter the distance, just no excuses and work your butt off at whatever your distance is, whatever your event is, work hard for that goal, never give up. Focus on it. Own it. Earn it!

Mr mom

Yep, the last thing I want to do is wake up on a Saturday and text Nick a picture of me sitting on my couch. Nope, usually it is something from the road with a "Good morning buddy". And I get one back. Love staying in contact because it is motivating, but it is so much more than that. As Nick would agree, it doesnt matter the distance, just no excuses and work your butt off at whatever your distance is, whatever your event is, work hard for that goal, never give up. Focus on it. Own it. Earn it!

And he is definitely not a do as I say not as I do guy, he lives his ethic to be sure

Witchy Chick

What day did you get it booked?

Jan 14 -- our last night of our trip. We have dinner at Narcoossee's and then the Dessert Party for DH's 40th birthday surprise.

I am such a slug. :oops:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Wow, I didn't realize I had that much impact!

I just do what I do. Love the pain, the mental challenge, the beer, the high caloric consumption, and being able to do what very few people can.

Tell me I can't do something, or it's impossible, or crazy, and I'll bust my to prove everyone wrong.

"Nick you can't run for 500 miles..."
Watch me...

Mad Stitch

So I think I have a stress fracture in my foot. I didn’t do my long run last weekend, and I don’t think I should run on it this weekend. Standing on it for any amount of time is painful. This is not good with only about a month to go.

Mickey&Minnie

So I think I have a stress fracture in my foot. I didn’t do my long run last weekend, and I don’t think I should run on it this weekend. Standing on it for any amount of time is painful. This is not good with only about a month to go.

Oh no!! Are you going to have it looked at?

a2grafix

Got up at the crack of dawn to run the Memphis Grizzles House 5K, part of the St. Jude Memphis marathon and half running Saturday. The 5K started right off of Beale Street and made its way to and through the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital campus (touching, moving, kid patients watching from the windows), and wound its way back down Danny Thomas Boulevard (creator of St. Jude Hospital) into AutoZone Park (AAA RedBirds stadium / St. Louis Cardinals).

Race started at 7:15am but it was around 53-55 degrees with a slight breeze, and I opted not to wear anything bulky. Ran in shorts, long-sleeved sleeved shirt and my Tower of Terror 10-miler tek shirt from the Sept 29 race. Though I had a slight cough and some sniffles (from the office sickness that's going around), finished the 5K under 30 at 29:27, about 9:30 a mile split. Not too bad but I was breathing more out of my mouth than my nose because it was stuffed up.

The St. Jude 5K was at 7:15am because the marathon, half and marathon relay started at 8am. Race organizers had to squeeze in the 5K before the marathon / half.

Next up a 4K Dec 15 running alongside holiday light displays at the metropark and then Commitment Day 5K on Jan. 1.

At the St. Jude race expo got lots of info on regional road races, mainly half marathons. I might consider driving to Baton Rouge, La., in late January to run in their half. The race is 50 days away.

joel_maxwell

14.30 miles yesterday in about 2:15:00. I kept having to slow down and stay at a 9:15-9:30 pace. All this cross training is making me faster and I dont and cant tell. Ill look down and be cruising at 8:30 with 9:30 effort. Busy day with the kids for the morning & afternoon. I have really built on the 1,000 elevation change course I have put together because this morning Im not even sore or tight in my calves, quads or Achilles.

Changing my Monday workout from a Run + weights to a Run + Swimming. I need 2 days in the pool now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom