What did you do?

Texas84

Race started at 7:15am but it was around 53-55 degrees with a slight breeze, and I opted not to wear anything bulky. Ran in shorts, long-sleeved sleeved shirt and my Tower of Terror 10-miler tek shirt from the Sept 29 race. Though I had a slight cough and some sniffles (from the office sickness that's going around), finished the 5K under 30 at 29:27, about 9:30 a mile split. Not too bad but I was breathing more out of my mouth than my nose because it was stuffed up.
Great effort. This thing is all over the US. I've been dealing with it.

Today was my first run since the W&D. This sinus stuff is just about gone. Struggled a little with breathing through the nose so had to huff and puff a bit to make up. I try to breathe through nose and mouth.

Anyhoo, 4 miles with the new 610. This thing rules! Garmin Connect is awesome. The heart rate monitor 'Training Effect' said I was '5.0 - Overreaching' but the manual says it takes a few runs to figure you out. So I'll see what it says after my 15-miler next week. I'll probably get a "6.0 - What the heck are you doing to yourself?"

Texas84

14.30 miles yesterday in about 2:15:00. I kept having to slow down and stay at a 9:15-9:30 pace. All this cross training is making me faster and I dont and cant tell. Ill look down and be cruising at 8:30 with 9:30 effort.

Oh shut up. ;)

I've been putting off P90X because I'm lazy and the commercials scare me, but a few people have told me I need to start with the Power 90 program first. It should be here this week.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Oh shut up. ;)

I've been putting off P90X because I'm lazy and the commercials scare me, but a few people have told me I need to start with the Power 90 program first. It should be here this week.
Only one way to find out. Start that P90x and it will kick your butt into superior shape.

Kristia

21 miles today! Felt great and was even feeling stronger than the hubby which almost NEVER happens. He had to tell me to slow down a couple times. I was really stressed about this run since my 13 mile wasn't strong last weekend. I think when I stress about runs, I actually do better because it is never as bad as I made it out in my head. Finished with a pace of about 12:28 and that was with a couple food and potty stops where I kept the clock going. Our 20 mile time was faster by 5 minutes than our 20 mile two weeks ago! Yay!

Mickey&Minnie

21 miles today! Felt great and was even feeling stronger than the hubby which almost NEVER happens. He had to tell me to slow down a couple times. I was really stressed about this run since my 13 mile wasn't strong last weekend. I think when I stress about runs, I actually do better because it is never as bad as I made it out in my head. Finished with a pace of about 12:28 and that was with a couple food and potty stops where I kept the clock going. Our 20 mile time was faster by 5 minutes than our 20 mile two weeks ago! Yay!

Great job!!!

Texas84

Only one way to find out. Start that P90x and it will kick your butt into superior shape.
I've got time. I'll do the P90X after the Power 90. P90X is for people like you who are in shape and want to get stronger. Well, that's what I'm being told. But your posts have convinced me to do the cross training. Thanks!

joel_maxwell

Nice Nice run young lady!
I've got time. I'll do the P90X after the Power 90. P90X is for people like you who are in shape and want to get stronger. Well, that's what I'm being told. But your posts have convinced me to do the cross training. Thanks!
Good. I thought it was going to kill my energy and my long runs. Not so. But I guess it makes sense. You body adapts and requires a little more food and rest, but people do it all the time. Might as well join the crew.

Mad Stitch

Oh no!! Are you going to have it looked at?

No, doctors don’t really do anything for that type of injury anyway. If it is a stress fracture it’s a minor one. I’m hoping if I just say off it for a while I’ll be good to run again in another week. I don’t like missing out on the key high mileage I should be running right now.

JillC LI

Fantastic! Good for you.

As for me, I stepped on something and cut the center of my heel awhile back, and I have been running nonetheless, despite the bearable pain. It usually subsided once the endorphins kicked in. Well on Sunday when I woke up, I could barely walk on it. So what did I do? I went out to run 7 miles. The first two miles hurt so bad, and I wound up altering my running form to compensate for the pain, landing more on my forefoot or the side of my foot. So, of course, today my calf and hip are sore, I'm sure from the change in my stride. Think I'll run later. Maybe I'll stick an extra cushy heel pad in my running shoe.

fmingo36

Fantastic! Good for you.

As for me, I stepped on something and cut the center of my heel awhile back, and I have been running nonetheless, despite the bearable pain. It usually subsided once the endorphins kicked in. Well on Sunday when I woke up, I could barely walk on it. So what did I do? I went out to run 7 miles. The first two miles hurt so bad, and I wound up altering my running form to compensate for the pain, landing more on my forefoot or the side of my foot. So, of course, today my calf and hip are sore, I'm sure from the change in my stride. Think I'll run later. Maybe I'll stick an extra cushy heel pad in my running shoe.

That stinks...sound like you could use a vacation.;)

joel_maxwell

Rock on with your bad tough self. Nice job Jill.
Sat was 10@7:49 plus a mile warmup and cool down. Sun was 15@8:09.
Nice back to back days.

Witchy Chick

So I think I have a stress fracture in my foot. I didn’t do my long run last weekend, and I don’t think I should run on it this weekend. Standing on it for any amount of time is painful. This is not good with only about a month to go.

Oh no!!! I hope it heals quickly!!

Got up at the crack of dawn to run the Memphis Grizzles House 5K, part of the St. Jude Memphis marathon and half running Saturday. The 5K started right off of Beale Street and made its way to and through the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital campus (touching, moving, kid patients watching from the windows), and wound its way back down Danny Thomas Boulevard (creator of St. Jude Hospital) into AutoZone Park (AAA RedBirds stadium / St. Louis Cardinals).

Race started at 7:15am but it was around 53-55 degrees with a slight breeze, and I opted not to wear anything bulky. Ran in shorts, long-sleeved sleeved shirt and my Tower of Terror 10-miler tek shirt from the Sept 29 race. Though I had a slight cough and some sniffles (from the office sickness that's going around), finished the 5K under 30 at 29:27, about 9:30 a mile split. Not too bad but I was breathing more out of my mouth than my nose

Sounds like a great run. Sorry to hear you're sick. :(

Changing my Monday workout from a Run + weights to a Run + Swimming. I need 2 days in the pool now.

Look out Ryan Lochte. ;)

Great job!!!!

Sat was 10@7:49 plus a mile warmup and cool down. Sun was 15@8:09.

Excellent!!!

Fantastic! Good for you.

Sorry about your heel, and now sore calf/hip. :(

I did 1.2 mile on the TM this morning. I've been kicking around the idea of morning running rather than evening since I am so wiped out once the mad-dash of dinner/baths-for-kids/kids-bedtime-routine happens. This morning's run was less I would have liked; lost some time due to a software update when I stopped the TM between my warmup walk and my actual run. Grrrrrr. I'm hoping future morning runs can be more in the 1.7-2.1 mile range (depending on timing and if the crazies......I mean kids ;)......stay sleeping until their alarms go off).

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just under 25 miles today on asphalt :mad:

I have to pick up an orange armband so idiot hunters don't shoot my a-- on the trails. Yup, shotgun season started today, and I wish the black bears and deer could shoot back :D
(I was raised in a hunting family, and I was forced to learn how to track and hunt, but I REFUSED to ever kill an animal. Ah, to be the black sheep / family disappointment...Sorry to any hunters out there, but you could swap out the rifle for a camera...just my opinion).

Anyway, I won't be on the trails until I pick up said armband.

Doing math/calculations for my 500 miler. Attempting a 192 hour finish, running approx. 62 miles a day, for 8 days. As of this past May, runner's on that mountain course are averaging 3-4 hours on a 10 mile loop...damn. This will not be easy...hell yes!

Run hard folks. If you're not in terrible pain, you didn't do enough.

joel_maxwell

I have to pick up an orange armband so idiot hunters don't shoot my a-- on the trails. Yup, shotgun season started today, and I wish the black bears and deer could shoot back :D
(I was raised in a hunting family, and I was forced to learn how to track and hunt, but I REFUSED to ever kill an animal. Ah, to be the black sheep / family disappointment...Sorry to any hunters out there, but you could swap out the rifle for a camera...just my opinion).

Doing math/calculations for my 500 miler. Attempting a 192 hour finish, running approx. 62 miles a day, for 8 days. As of this past May, runner's on that mountain course are averaging 3-4 hours on a 10 mile loop...damn. This will not be easy...hell yes!

Welcome back to asphalt.

Im not a hunter either. I wouldnt kill anything unless it was a life and death situation or I had to feed myself or family. I do believe in population control though. Just glad someone else does it.

Please get something to put on your hat and your arm. 2 points of orange would be best in the event that one isnt seen. You know, it would suck to get a buck shot to the chest or head.

Nice mileage Nick.

Kristia

Luckily shotgun season only lasts a week!! It gets crazy around here. On my way to work, I see dozens of hunters standing on the side of the road with their guns out. They are waiting for the crazy ones in the woods that are driving the deer towards the road and into the waiting guns. Yeah that seems fair. Welcome to the world of South Jersey gun clubs!

Kristia

I did 1.2 mile on the TM this morning. I've been kicking around the idea of morning running rather than evening since I am so wiped out once the mad-dash of dinner/baths-for-kids/kids-bedtime-routine happens. This morning's run was less I would have liked; lost some time due to a software update when I stopped the TM between my warmup walk and my actual run. Grrrrrr. I'm hoping future morning runs can be more in the 1.7-2.1 mile range (depending on timing and if the crazies......I mean kids ;)......stay sleeping until their alarms go off).
I really give you guys that do this running/working out thing with kids kudos. I don't know if I would able to do that. Juggling working and all our animals is tough but I can't imagine doing it with kids too!

PS...38 days I think! My husband has the countdown on his phone but he isn't here now. :)

fmingo36

It doesn't help that you are wearing all black.
Maybe you should get some camo running gear and then you could run up to some of the hunters and freak them out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom