What did you do?

Kristia

9 miles for me today. Was supposed to be 11 but we had to cut it short due to rain. Yes, I am a wimp. Actually it started out as a light rain/mist and it wasn't too bad. After we hit mile 5, it started getting heavier. We decide to take a shortcut home. We were both soaked by the time we got back. It was about 45 degrees, so it was a yucky cold rain. I had trouble getting warmed up after we got home!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Bad weather??? RUN IT!

Just under 25 miles on technical trails, raining, slopping through mud, trashing my ankles on slippery tree roots, trashing quads on steep inclines...it was a great run!

Time for beer!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Reworking my gear set up...again :D

Basically the same thing, but sewing a different pack to the front loading vest. It has to survive the 500 mile run, and my current setup (the back compartment) will get destroyed. Raidlight is super light and fits well, but not durable enough. The front vest will be fine. FB folks can stay posted on the new set up...

Texas84

I LOVE to run in the rain. Unless there is lightning of course.

I had the exact same weather as Joel for my 15-miler today. The mist made the first 6 miles real nice. Like one of those misting fans at the parks. But my legs were GONE by mile 12. Two weeks off from the creeping crud took its toll. It felt like my thighs were just picking up my dead legs. At 12 I almost turned left to go home but instead I took the right for the last 3. My 5-min warmdown walk felt just like the walk to the car after marathon. Took a cold soak in the tub and my legs were really happy.

Mickey&Minnie

Sounds like everyone is hard at it and great job. I am finally starting to feel back to my normal self after being sick for a good week and a half. Starting back tomorrow with a nice long run and I'm a little scared. But just gotta put one foot ahead of the other. The weather is suppose to be nasty tomorrow which is no wonder why everyone around me is sick.

Only a month of training left!!

Kristia

Sounds like everyone is hard at it and great job. I am finally starting to feel back to my normal self after being sick for a good week and a half. Starting back tomorrow with a nice long run and I'm a little scared. But just gotta put one foot ahead of the other. The weather is suppose to be nasty tomorrow which is no wonder why everyone around me is sick.

Only a month of training left!!
Yay! One month till we leave for Disney!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
4 miles last night after work.

I'm sitting here at the computer now, watching it snow outside, and wish I could go outside and run while it's actually falling....but my wife works this morning, and I don't think it's a good idea to take both girls out in the snow for multiple miles.
I would love to live in a region that had more regular snow... until I lived in a region that had more regular snow and then Id probably hate it. LOL.
9 miles for me today. Was supposed to be 11 but we had to cut it short due to rain. Yes, I am a wimp. Actually it started out as a light rain/mist and it wasn't too bad. After we hit mile 5, it started getting heavier. We decide to take a shortcut home. We were both soaked by the time we got back. It was about 45 degrees, so it was a yucky cold rain. I had trouble getting warmed up after we got home!
There is rain Ill run in, and rain I wont. (see below)
Bad weather??? RUN IT!

Just under 25 miles on technical trails, raining, slopping through mud, trashing my ankles on slippery tree roots, trashing quads on steep inclines...it was a great run!

Time for beer!
I know this feeling on a smaller scale. It is like you actually ran 50 due to the technicality of the trail. Nice job.
I LOVE to run in the rain. Unless there is lightning of course.

I had the exact same weather as Joel for my 15-miler today. The mist made the first 6 miles real nice. Like one of those misting fans at the parks. But my legs were GONE by mile 12. Two weeks off from the creeping crud took its toll. It felt like my thighs were just picking up my dead legs. At 12 I almost turned left to go home but instead I took the right for the last 3. My 5-min warmdown walk felt just like the walk to the car after marathon. Took a cold soak in the tub and my legs were really happy.
Agreed.

It was a nice run Saturday wasnt it. Love running in those conditions.

Monday Morning Run: I got up after staying up way to late watching the 2 hour finale of the Amazing Race (1 of 2 shows i watch yearly) and it was pouring and sleeting. (see above) That is not rain Ill run in. Id rather not get pelted in the head by ice cubes. Besides, my 18 month old is cutting her molars and nobody slept much. Ill make up the mileage tonight on a night run. Yea.

Kristia

Monday Morning Run: I got up after staying up way to late watching the 2 hour finale of the Amazing Race (1 of 2 shows i watch yearly) and it was pouring and sleeting. (see above) That is not rain Ill run in. Id rather not get pelted in the head by ice cubes. Besides, my 18 month old is cutting her molars and nobody slept much. Ill make up the mileage tonight on a night run. Yea.
Yay! Amazing Race! One of my fave shows! I stayed up later than I would have liked as well.

JillC LI

Monday Morning Run: I got up after staying up way to late watching the 2 hour finale of the Amazing Race (1 of 2 shows i watch yearly) and it was pouring and sleeting.
Yay! Amazing Race! One of my fave shows! I stayed up later than I would have liked as well.

LOL, we also are big AR fans and stayed up til 11pm watching the finale because we couldn't start watching our DVR or it until 9:30pm.

So the BIG REVEAL went super fantabulous amazingly well!!!!!!!! It was one of the greatest moments of my life as a parent. I'm going to try to try to create a Pre-Trip Report in the Trip Reports forum with the details. But I have to look up Coryna's instructions on how to post photos first. I uploaded them to Photo Bucket already but I don't remember how to post them here. Needless to say, there was a lot of screaming for joy, jumping up and down, hugging and kissing, and everything we imagined that moment would be. We did take video, but I won't be able to post that. But when I figure out how to post the two pictures I took, you will see the utter surprise absolute and joy beyond joy on their faces. It was priceless.

joel_maxwell

Completely ROCKED my schedule. Sam said as we were running to bed at 11:30pm, "Im sorry I made you watch the second half of the show. I know I have destroyed your schedule for tomorrow. Im a bad AR influence on you." LOL

So how about those Goat Farmers being a dark horse. WOW. Ddint think they were going to pull it off till the UN scene.
LOL, we also are big AR fans and stayed up til 11pm watching the finale because we couldn't start watching our DVR or it until 9:30pm.

So the BIG REVEAL went super fantabulous amazingly well!!!!!!!! It was one of the greatest moments of my life as a parent. I'm going to try to try to create a Pre-Trip Report in the Trip Reports forum with the details. But I have to look up Coryna's instructions on how to post photos first. I uploaded them to Photo Bucket already but I don't remember how to post them here. Needless to say, there was a lot of screaming for joy, jumping up and down, hugging and kissing, and everything we imagined that moment would be. We did take video, but I won't be able to post that. But when I figure out how to post the two pictures I took, you will see the utter surprise absolute and joy beyond joy on their faces. It was priceless.
AWESOME. Glad it went well. Cant wait to see the pictures. If you need help posting, you can email me.

Kristia

Completely ROCKED my schedule. Sam said as we were running to bed at 11:30pm, "Im sorry I made you watch the second half of the show. I know I have destroyed your schedule for tomorrow. Im a bad AR influence on you." LOL

So how about those Goat Farmers being a dark horse. WOW. Ddint think they were going to pull it off till the UN scene.
AWESOME. Glad it went well. Cant wait to see the pictures. If you need help posting, you can email me.
I know! I was happy as long as the "twinnies" didn't win. Blah! I couldn't stand them! :)

Kristia

So glad it went so well! Sounds like an awesome surprise. I wish my parents would have done that!

Mad Stitch

My foot has been better lately, so I tested it with a 3 mile run on the treadmill and iced it afterwards. I’ll see how it feels tomorrow.

a2grafix

Ran 4 miles Saturday after running 3.5 on Friday while visiting my family in northern Ohio. Nice run, different route through a wooded county park in thick-ish fog and mist and 42 degrees. Wish I had wiper blades for my glasses. Ran about 40 minutes give or take.

joel_maxwell

3 miles last night in the dark. Love that. Very spooky with no moon, clouds rolling over head, a light mist and 10mph wind chill on a 42 degree night. Once out of the neighborhood and into back roads, super spooky and I love when your mind plays tricks on you. Yep, that 200 pound bear hybrid monster thing was behind be a few times. ;)

7 miles on the trainer this morning at about 15mph. Then weights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom