What did you do?

JillC LI

Great to hear some power is finally coming back online!

My weekend:
Friday - Register for W&D, Cirque du Soleil at Downtown Disney
Saturday - Half a day at MK, watch some football, take a nap, W&D Half (PR for my cousin, not for me)
Sunday - Leave Epcot at 0345, sleep in, Epcot Food & Wine 2-9 PM.
Monday - Half a day at DHS (never seen it that crowded), drive home

I will have a trip report in the W&D thread. Great job this year Disney. Back to training for the Marathon!

Sounds like a great weekend on tap - enjoy!

Hooray for the guy who restored Jill's power!!

Hooray indeed! Thank you and everyone else on this board for all your support.

Enjoyed my day off and sat on my butt after the W&D half marathon this weekend! Can't wait to join in on the conversations now that I have a little experience.

Welcome aboard. Any level of experienced runner is more than welcome to join us!

The Dazzle Dash this coming Saturday (1.4 mile run thru Christmas Lights) is up in the air. DH's 94-year-old grandfather has been hospitalized and things don't look so good for him. :( My husband visited the hospital yesterday, and we are both headed up to visit this evening. Hopefully after this evening's visit, we have a better idea of what's going with Pop.

I hope Pop is doing better and than you can enjoy your Dazzle Dash.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Finished the night off with a 5 mile ride on the stationary bike and 1 hr. with weights.
That is what I did this morning. Very nice Coryna.
2 miles today on a trail and 6 miles on a treadmill at the gym. The trail was fun. My DH came with me and claims he is getting back into running. He probably hasn't ran in over 3 months and that was just for a mile or less. I was so excited that he came with me but I had to remember just to go at a reasonable pace. and the weather was perfect with a chill in the air. After dropping the hubby off at our apt and rolling my tired hip flexer, I headed out for the gym. 6 miles on the treadmill had me feeling pretty well despite the pain that would shoot through my hip every now and then. i got off and stretched for about 15 min before heading in for zumba. Overall I would say that it was a good day for a workout but boy do i need to go see my chiropractor.
That was a nice workout.
Well played. Always warms my veggie eating heart to see people stopping to help save wildlife.
I save all kinds of stuff. My rules are, if it isnt going to harm anyone, if it isnt going to infest my house, if it is displaced due to human involvement, or it is just too damn cute, Ill risk a lot to save it. Bugs, animals, most rodents (squirrels) and especially baby birds you are lucky if you live near me. Im a softy. Ill save bugs that get into my office at work that most would squish in a heartbeat. Ill take outside to the bushes. LOL

Yes, Jill and Coryna's power back on is great, we just need Nick's situation to regulate a little and our section here will be getting to some normalcy (as mush as you can have at least)

joel_maxwell

Enjoyed my day off and sat on my butt after the W&D half marathon this weekend! Can't wait to join in on the conversations now that I have a little experience.
I didnt even see this post while scrolling. Welcome to the best section of WDWMAGIC. We have the most motivation and the least amount of drama. Put your running shoes on and join us.

joel_maxwell

Sorry for the triple post, but 5 miles on the bike this morning at a 17 mph pace in gear 6. I lifted weights as well. Good morning.

5 miles in the am. Going to be about 37 and fair. Yea!

Witchy Chick

Great to hear some power is finally coming back online!

My weekend:
Friday - Register for W&D, Cirque du Soleil at Downtown Disney
Saturday - Half a day at MK, watch some football, take a nap, W&D Half (PR for my cousin, not for me)
Sunday - Leave Epcot at 0345, sleep in, Epcot Food & Wine 2-9 PM.
Monday - Half a day at DHS (never seen it that crowded), drive home

I will have a trip report in the W&D thread. Great job this year Disney. Back to training for the Marathon!

Very nice!! We saw Cirque in '07 on our honeymoon, I really enjoyed it.

Welcome!!

Finished the night off with a 5 mile ride on the stationary bike and 1 hr. with weights.

Awesome!! We have a stationary bike in the basement with the treadmill. I should start doing that on my non-running evenings. The past week or so, I've been running interference with the kids. The time change has done a number on them and their sleep schedule. DS2 was up until almost 10pm last night. :eek:

2 miles today on a trail and 6 miles on a treadmill at the gym. The trail was fun. My DH came with me and claims he is getting back into running. He probably hasn't ran in over 3 months and that was just for a mile or less. I was so excited that he came with me but I had to remember just to go at a reasonable pace. and the weather was perfect with a chill in the air. After dropping the hubby off at our apt and rolling my tired hip flexer, I headed out for the gym. 6 miles on the treadmill had me feeling pretty well despite the pain that would shoot through my hip every now and then. i got off and stretched for about 15 min before heading in for zumba. Overall I would say that it was a good day for a workout but boy do i need to go see my chiropractor.

Best of luck with that hip. Schedule that chiro appointment.

I hope Pop is doing better and than you can enjoy your Dazzle Dash.

Thanks. We saw him last night, and he seems to be doing well. I don't know how he was on death's door Sunday and doing so well Monday night. (DH's family is "dramatic" to say the least. ::ahem:: ) In any event, Pop has an eval today to see if he needs rehab/physical therapy to regain some strength. Likely he will need some rehab, but we'll find out more this afternoon.

We're checking the weather for Saturday before we officially register for the Dazzle Dash. Neither one of us want to run in a downpour if we can avoid it. Ha!

Sorry for the triple post, but 5 miles on the bike this morning at a 17 mph pace in gear 6. I lifted weights as well. Good morning.

5 miles in the am. Going to be about 37 and fair. Yea!

Nice work!!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Beating my body back into condition. 20+ miles everyday for the last few days. Beach and hills. Gaining back some of the weight that I lost during my non-running days with the hurricane.
Hurricane=eating 1500 calories. Ultrarunning=eating 4000 calories :D. Prob weighing in around 128-130 lbs now.

I will get to my 30+ miles everyday starting this weekend, when all the house work finally gets done.

Next goal since I broke 200+ miles/week before the hurricane: 325 miles, 6 days. That's where I will top out before my 500 miler.

CORYNA: I'm finally checking my phone and email again after a mental freak-out...thanks for the dinner invite the other night, just saw it, sorry!! And the other "thing," Alison and I are in!!

fmingo36

Welcome to the best section of WDWMAGIC. We have the most motivation and the least amount of drama. Put your running shoes on and join us.

Couldn't agree with you more!

Beating my body back into condition. 20+ miles everyday for the last few days. Beach and hills. Gaining back some of the weight that I lost during my non-running days with the hurricane.
Hurricane=eating 1500 calories. Ultrarunning=eating 4000 calories :D. Prob weighing in around 128-130 lbs now.

I will get to my 30+ miles everyday starting this weekend, when all the house work finally gets done.

Next goal since I broke 200+ miles/week before the hurricane: 325 miles, 6 days. That's where I will top out before my 500 miler.

CORYNA: I'm finally checking my phone and email again after a mental freak-out...thanks for the dinner invite the other night, just saw it, sorry!! And the other "thing," Alison and I are in!!

Only you could lose weight by not exercising! You are a freak of nature (and I say that with love & respect!)
And YAY!!! to the other "thing". Can't wait to see you & Mrs. Machine.

joel_maxwell

Glad you are back at it buddy. Glad to see some normalcy back at you in a new kind of way (new environment, new paths).

Jealous that Mr and Mrs Maxwell cant drive a few miles for dinner plans. Dang! Why do yall have to live so far away. LOL
Couldn't agree with you more!
I should have said, "Most motivated people"

joel_maxwell

4.5 this morning at about a 8:30 pace. Weather channel said it was going to be 36 this morning, but it was actually 41. I over dressed by 5 degrees, but there was a 10mph constant wind, so it cancelled out.

Im feeling lucky today.

5.5 tomorrow with some speed work in the middle.

dreamfinder

Today was just 2 at an easy pace, followed by more leg/hip weights and stuff. Didn't even get close to doing the 1/4mi sprints I was supposed to be doing. However considering last Weds I couldn't jog 1/10mi, I'll take it, first time running in 9 days.

MKCP 1985

Fun times last night calling into Erin Akey's radio show to chat about RunDisney races (and the finisher medal drama) with PhoneDave and Feivel. Those guys know what they are talking about.

And . . . 99% recovered from Spartan race. Continued scabs, fading bruises and wounded pride after reviewing finish results :lol but otherwise doing well and ready to resume training. Only problem is that I am not currently signed up for a race!

joel_maxwell

Fun times last night calling into Erin Akey's radio show to chat about RunDisney races (and the finisher medal drama) with PhoneDave and Feivel. Those guys know what they are talking about.

And . . . 99% recovered from Spartan race. Continued scabs, fading bruises and wounded pride after reviewing finish results :lol but otherwise doing well and ready to resume training. Only problem is that I am not currently signed up for a race!
:eek: Wait, I guess I havent been paying attention or something. When did Erin get a radio show?

Secondly, she and I have discussed it a little on her FB page.

Thirdly, very cool that you guys got to participate in that. Very nice guys.

Lastly, Glad you are recovering. I know you are a few years older than me Doug, and after Ruffner I couldnt walk down stairs for 3 days, so i cant imagine your soreness. Glad you are feeling better.

Texas84

Wish I knew about that. Sounds like fun. An online show? is there a podcast? Need to talk about some walking out of Corral B rage. :D

MKCP 1985

The show was taped in advance and airs on Sunday. She told us we can listen online so if she doesn't come in and provide the info, I will come back and post it.

Question for everyone: do you think a person who would request a finisher medal for a race they didn't finish would be satisfied by a smaller participant medal?

We already know that most people will finish so there is no issue there, and we know that many who don't finish will not request or want the medal. That leaves the group who protested enough to change policy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom