What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Yep a lot of great people are trying to help. It's hard waiting though.

Another day with no run. Still too much snow and ice on the ground and melting snow creating ankle deep slush puddles. Sigh. I never thought I'd miss my treadmill so much!
INTERVENTION! That is Blasphemy... but Ill let it slide due to the situation. ;)

joel_maxwell

10 50 yard breast stroke swims this morning. My shoulders are a bit tired due to a completely different stroke that I havent done in weeks. Apparently, the "tri" world doesnt take to kindly to breast stroke swimmers. I never thought of it, but crawling has tight legs and a tight kick. Breast stroke has a frog kick that goes a little out of your "area". So a lot of swimmers complain about getting frog kicked.

What to do? Errrr.

Long run tomorrow. Probably 13. Going horse back riding now on my day off.

Mr mom

Thanks again everyone for your continued support. Day 12 now. I definitely have a cold, but I think the streets will be somewhat navigable to run outdoors today, so I plan to do 4 miles later, sick or not.

Hope your run goes well and that you get things up and running soon...

imagination30

wow.. alot has been going on the wek i was gone .. its just been Nuts.. working retail trying to get ready for the hoildays.. but im Back.. and so i felt adventous tday with my run... i havent been able to run in 2 weeks so i did it big today.. , nice weather and eger to get out and pund pavemtn again.. i did 8 1/2 miles @ 8:43 pace.. , all i kept reminding my self was my two half marthons i have planed - the country half and disney in 14 :)

fmingo36

First day the gym has been opened since Winter Storm Athena hit the area.
1 hr with weights and 1 hr of yoga/pilates--yup gonna feel that tomorrow.

Good luck to anyone running the Wine & Dine 1/2 (man, I wish I was running it!) or any other race this weekend.

JillC LI

Going horse back riding now on my day off.

Now THAT sounds like fun!

Hope your run goes well and that you get things up and running soon...

IT WAS!!! Finally got to run! Couldn't head out til 4:45pm so it was pitch black by the time I got back - more so than usual at that hour because many of the street lamps still have power outages so the streets are really dark. I was nervous about tripping over tree limbs or downed wires towards the end, but it felt so good to be out. Hopefully I won't get sicker from doing it, but it was worth it! 4.1 miles at 9:49 pac - not bad for hurdling debris all over the place! LOL

joel_maxwell

Now THAT sounds like fun!
It was. We half lease a horse in some stables about 2 miles down the road. Ask me where Sam is 4 days a week for about 4 hours in the morning. LOL It is very fun as yall know. A lot of hard work keeping your form and getting a 1,000 pound animal to follow your cue's by squeezing your leg/legs. Best part, feeding her peppermints for being a good girl.

Long run in the am.

Kristia

It was. We half lease a horse in some stables about 2 miles down the road. Ask me where Sam is 4 days a week for about 4 hours in the morning. LOL It is very fun as yall know. A lot of hard work keeping your form and getting a 1,000 pound animal to follow your cue's by squeezing your leg/legs. Best part, feeding her peppermints for being a good girl.

Long run in the am.
Sometimes I wish we still boarded! By the time I get done taking care of everyone, stalls, feeding, watering etc... it doesn't leave much time for the fun stuff! Ours are at our house (plus 4 that aren't mine) and I haven't ridden in a month. The weather hasn't helped either. Blah!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
My mileage sucks because of the s--t still going on here in NJ.

The contractors working at my house are morons. I'll detail all of the s--t later, but it's unreal. Had to miss my 50k race this morning because of it.

Just under 20 miles yesterday, and it's killing me it's so low. I need AT LEAST 25 mi to get my head straight.

Work getting finished next Monday-Wednesday, and we should be back in or house.

Next week, I plan on running 30+ miles everyday for the next three weeks to catch up my 500mi training.

I've been a pressure cooker all week. :mad:

a2grafix

After 42 days since my last run, you know that 10-miler at that Disney haunted hotel? Yeah, that one. Finally ran 2.5 miles or so Saturday in prep for the Memphis Turkey Trot 4 miler. Before the run I got the most awesome massage at Massage Envy. Nice and relaxed and loose for the run. Mid-70s and sunny!

Just wanted to rest for a bit since I had run / trained since February for the Tower 10 miler. Good to be back. A little out of breath to start, but once I hit 1 mile, I got into a groove. Just took it slow, just to get a feel. Wasn't out of breath, but just didn't want to push it, or pull anything.

Also getting back to working out with P90X. Talk to me in 90-100 days, sometime in February 2013.

Afterward, from here? Maybe something in the range of 13.1 as my next big race. Time will tell. In the interim back to fun runs of 5Ks and maybe a 4 or 5 miler event thrown in.

LindsayLoves

17.2 miles at 10:08/mile. Brought my brother/Disney marathon partner along, who is not used to hills or any distance over 9 miles. The combination had him wanting out at mile 8 even with our frequent stops for water/rest breaks (total pace/momentum killer there but I was doing my best to be a good running partner so I let it slide). I told myself I was going to do 18, but when my physical I must make it to this intersection point came up quicker I suddenly noticed my left knee was aching (funny how that happens as soon as the goal was in site) so I called it good there.

The left knee is still aching I'm not sure what that is all about but it seems the more I rest it the more it gets tight on me. I did take an ice bath after the run which to have gotten everything else pretty much back in line.

Kristia

17.2 miles at 10:08/mile. Brought my brother/Disney marathon partner along, who is not used to hills or any distance over 9 miles. The combination had him wanting out at mile 8 even with our frequent stops for water/rest breaks (total pace/momentum killer there but I was doing my best to be a good running partner so I let it slide). I told myself I was going to do 18, but when my physical I must make it to this intersection point came up quicker I suddenly noticed my left knee was aching (funny how that happens as soon as the goal was in site) so I called it good there.

The left knee is still aching I'm not sure what that is all about but it seems the more I rest it the more it gets tight on me. I did take an ice bath after the run which to have gotten everything else pretty much back in line.

Good job on the miles! I was supposed to do 20 today but other commitments got in the way and it is going to be pushed till next weekend. My knee tends to tightnen up when my quads are tight after a run so try really stretching the quads. Also if you have a foam roller (or if you don't, put a towel on your leg and use a rolling pin) to try and massage your quads.

GoofyRacer11

10 miles today and my feet are killing me. When I got home I looked at my past training schedules and estimated that I have 850 miles on my current pair of running shoes! I didn't realize how quickly the miles add up. I'm going out tomorrow to get new ones.

They sure do add up quickly! I remember I put over 1,000 miles on one of my pairs last year and still wasn't having any problems with them.

LindsayLoves

Good job on the miles! I was supposed to do 20 today but other commitments got in the way and it is going to be pushed till next weekend. My knee tends to tightnen up when my quads are tight after a run so try really stretching the quads. Also if you have a foam roller (or if you don't, put a towel on your leg and use a rolling pin) to try and massage your quads.

I owe you one Kristia! As soon as you said "foam roller" I realized what a dummy I am. Its my IT band on my left side - I have only had ITB issues on my right side and its a very specific feeling. Its a little different on the left side so I didn't even connect the two together until you said foam roller. As soon as I started rolling I knew my problem immediately. Thank you!!!

Kristia

I owe you one Kristia! As soon as you said "foam roller" I realized what a dummy I am. Its my IT band on my left side - I have only had ITB issues on my right side and its a very specific feeling. Its a little different on the left side so I didn't even connect the two together until you said foam roller. As soon as I started rolling I knew my problem immediately. Thank you!!!
Glad to help!

Mr mom

My mileage sucks because of the s--t still going on here in NJ.

The contractors working at my house are morons. I'll detail all of the s--t later, but it's unreal. Had to miss my 50k race this morning because of it.

Just under 20 miles yesterday, and it's killing me it's so low. I need AT LEAST 25 mi to get my head straight.

Work getting finished next Monday-Wednesday, and we should be back in or house.

Next week, I plan on running 30+ miles everyday for the next three weeks to catch up my 500mi training.

I've been a pressure cooker all week. :mad:

Good luck Nick, hope everything gets back to normal soon for you

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
10 Miles today. We had a wind advisory, so the entire route was pre-planned so that all the headwind would be in the city, where buidlings could help knock it down. The new eating plan for pre-run seems to be working well for both of us here, and we're hoping that it's figured out for good.

joel_maxwell

13.31 miles yesterday morning in about 2 hours. Nice run, nice weather.... all in all, great day. About 800 vertical feet climbed. Wasnt sore at all from the horse back riding from the day before.

You know, I love being able to go out and run a half or longer any day of the week.

Great running folks. Nick, get your 30's in this week and get back on schedule.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom