What did you do?

fmingo36

1 hr and 1/2 of yoga this morning. Thought about going for a run becuase the weather is so nice but the hip is telling otherwise. Waiting for some new insurance to kick in and I'll be at the doctor ASAP to get this checked out.

JillC LI

My mileage sucks because of the s--t still going on here in NJ.

The contractors working at my house are morons. I'll detail all of the s--t later, but it's unreal. Had to miss my 50k race this morning because of it.

Just under 20 miles yesterday, and it's killing me it's so low. I need AT LEAST 25 mi to get my head straight.

Work getting finished next Monday-Wednesday, and we should be back in or house.

Next week, I plan on running 30+ miles everyday for the next three weeks to catch up my 500mi training.

I've been a pressure cooker all week. :mad:

Sorry Nick. I'm on day 14 of no power still.

Had an interesting, cathartic run this morning. Since I'm still staying at my mom's house (in the neighborhood I grew up), I do not have set courses for different distances. I decided to run 6 miles this morning, and just headed out in a random direction with my Garmin. I found myself at my old high school. The high school where my a-hole gym teacher made me feel 2 inches tall because I could not run the dreaded Mile as fast as he wanted me to. In fact, back then I could barely finish it at all, and because of that gym teacher (Mr. Bury), I almost never took up running at all because I didn't learn from him anything about the fitness benefits or the mental benefits, or the joy of it for the pure sake of running - just that I wasn't good enough to do it. So anyway, there I was at my high school this morning, 2 miles into my run, so I got onto that old track, and I started to run laps. One Two Three Four, and as I finished the mile, not breathing remotely heavy, I pumped my fists in the air and screamed at the top of my lungs "F--- You Mr. Bury!" and I finished off my 6 mile run. Geez did that feel good! I just wish he could have been there to hear me!

MKCP 1985

Did my first ever Spartan Race yesterday. That was insane! My aching muscles and bruises/cuts today tell me to stick to road races!

It was quite the experience - glad to say I have done it, but won't be in any hurry to sign up for another!

Kristia

6 miles at just under 11 min/mile. Not the long run I wanted to get in this weekend but it was something I guess. Dan and I did load (more Dan than me), unload and stack 158 bales of hay this weekend. Had to get the reserves up for winter. Probably don't have quite enough to make it through the winter but the guy we get our hay from lost a lot of it during the hurricane. He had waist deep water in his hay fields and his flat bed trailers that he stores the hay on were floating. :(

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
1 hr and 1/2 of yoga this morning. Thought about going for a run becuase the weather is so nice but the hip is telling otherwise. Waiting for some new insurance to kick in and I'll be at the doctor ASAP to get this checked out.
Smart girl. Get that hip checked out to make sure it isnt anything serious. Meanwhile, keep kicking butt with the yoga.

Had an interesting, cathartic run this morning. Since I'm still staying at my mom's house (in the neighborhood I grew up), I do not have set courses for different distances. I decided to run 6 miles this morning, and just headed out in a random direction with my Garmin. I found myself at my old high school. The high school where my a-hole gym teacher made me feel 2 inches tall because I could not run the dreaded Mile as fast as he wanted me to. In fact, back then I could barely finish it at all, and because of that gym teacher (Mr. Bury), I almost never took up running at all because I didn't learn from him anything about the fitness benefits or the mental benefits, or the joy of it for the pure sake of running - just that I wasn't good enough to do it. So anyway, there I was at my high school this morning, 2 miles into my run, so I got onto that old track, and I started to run laps. One Two Three Four, and as I finished the mile, not breathing remotely heavy, I pumped my fists in the air and screamed at the top of my lungs "F--- You Mr. Bury!" and I finished off my 6 mile run. Geez did that feel good! I just wish he could have been there to hear me!
ROCK STAR! I love it. You are awesome Jill. Proud of you. Glad you got a run in.

Hate that you are still without power. Hope it gets better soon.
Did my first ever Spartan Race yesterday. That was insane! My aching muscles and bruises/cuts today tell me to stick to road races!

It was quite the experience - glad to say I have done it, but won't be in any hurry to sign up for another!
I have seen those, but havent really had the desire to run one. Im too nervous about an injury that could really knock me out for awhile. My cousin runs these things and his team partner broke his ankle so badly, they had to put in pins. No that sucks. Ill stick to long road runs and the occasional trail run at Ruffner.

Nice job finishing Doug.
6 miles at just under 11 min/mile. Not the long run I wanted to get in this weekend but it was something I guess. Dan and I did load (more Dan than me), unload and stack 158 bales of hay this weekend. Had to get the reserves up for winter. Probably don't have quite enough to make it through the winter but the guy we get our hay from lost a lot of it during the hurricane. He had waist deep water in his hay fields and his flat bed trailers that he stores the hay on were floating. :(
That is a lot of bails. Good core work though.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict

That's how I was after running Tough Mudder. 2 Months later, I was checking the website to see if they had announced dates for 2013 yet.

fmingo36

LOVE IT! I had one of those a-hole gym teacher too.

Mr mom

I had a great gym teacher, he was also the soccer coach and his attitude was try and improve, keep doing more on your own and you will. Constantly trying to get us to try harder and push ourselves. No run today, after last week's running I have decided to give my body an extra day of rest. On top of it all my legs were killing me all weekend as it was the weekend from hell at work, nonstop go go go, I felt like my body never got my usual weekend rest.

dreamfinder

Glad to see some sense of normalcy returning.

Had a cruddy week. Leg issues kept me from doing any miles (pain after jogging 1/2 mile isn't good), but spent the whole week cross training, and working the hell outta my leg to get it to loosen up. Something in the IT band area/family, so treating it as such. Seems to be making a difference, so hopefully back on the bus this week.

JillC LI

Good morning and good news! Our power finally came back on late last night! Two full weeks. Unbelievable. Thank you to the wonderful crew from Michigan that came down and was the one to fix our torn wire and return us to light and warmth. Our Verizon service has not yet been restored so we still have no phone, TV, or internet service at home, but I can live without that for now.

Even though it was late, we moved everything from my mother's house back home last night. I have tons of laundry and cleaning and restocking of my fridge to do, but it was so wonderful to sleep in my own warm bed again last night. I can't wait to use my treadmill (although I would prefer that my TV be working when I do! LOL).

Kristia

Good morning and good news! Our power finally came back on late last night! Two full weeks. Unbelievable. Thank you to the wonderful crew from Michigan that came down and was the one to fix our torn wire and return us to light and warmth. Our Verizon service has not yet been restored so we still have no phone, TV, or internet service at home, but I can live without that for now.

Even though it was late, we moved everything from my mother's house back home last night. I have tons of laundry and cleaning and restocking of my fridge to do, but it was so wonderful to sleep in my own warm bed again last night. I can't wait to use my treadmill (although I would prefer that my TV be working when I do! LOL).
Yay!! Awesome news!

Witchy Chick

Fantastic!!! I'm so glad to hear you are (somewhat) back in business.

I got 2 miles in on the TM this weekend (Saturday, IIRC). I was happy with that since I hadn't run since the 5K two weeks prior. D'oh!

The Dazzle Dash this coming Saturday (1.4 mile run thru Christmas Lights) is up in the air. DH's 94-year-old grandfather has been hospitalized and things don't look so good for him. :( My husband visited the hospital yesterday, and we are both headed up to visit this evening. Hopefully after this evening's visit, we have a better idea of what's going with Pop.

joel_maxwell

Awesome news. Welcome back to normalcy. Well, for the most part.

joel_maxwell

3 miles this morning on my normal No Watch Mondays, and about .5 into it, the bottom dropped out of the rain clouds. Interesting run. About 60 and the rain was cold. I saved an armadillo's life today on my run as well. Little guy was about to wonder into traffic and was not scared of my presence 3 feet from him (I think they are nocturnal). I dont think he saw me. I started clapping and yelling at him and he finally responded and ran back into the woods.

fmingo36

HOORAY!!! Hopefully the other services will be back up too soon.

Texas84

Great to hear some power is finally coming back online!

My weekend:
Friday - Register for W&D, Cirque du Soleil at Downtown Disney
Saturday - Half a day at MK, watch some football, take a nap, W&D Half (PR for my cousin, not for me)
Sunday - Leave Epcot at 0345, sleep in, Epcot Food & Wine 2-9 PM.
Monday - Half a day at DHS (never seen it that crowded), drive home

I will have a trip report in the W&D thread. Great job this year Disney. Back to training for the Marathon!

CP_alum08

Enjoyed my day off and sat on my butt after the W&D half marathon this weekend! Can't wait to join in on the conversations now that I have a little experience.

Mickey&Minnie

2 miles today on a trail and 6 miles on a treadmill at the gym. The trail was fun. My DH came with me and claims he is getting back into running. He probably hasn't ran in over 3 months and that was just for a mile or less. I was so excited that he came with me but I had to remember just to go at a reasonable pace. and the weather was perfect with a chill in the air. After dropping the hubby off at our apt and rolling my tired hip flexer, I headed out for the gym. 6 miles on the treadmill had me feeling pretty well despite the pain that would shoot through my hip every now and then. i got off and stretched for about 15 min before heading in for zumba. Overall I would say that it was a good day for a workout but boy do i need to go see my chiropractor.

dreamfinder

Hooray for the guy who restored Jill's power!!

3 miles this morning on my normal No Watch Mondays, and about .5 into it, the bottom dropped out of the rain clouds. Interesting run. About 60 and the rain was cold. I saved an armadillo's life today on my run as well. Little guy was about to wonder into traffic and was not scared of my presence 3 feet from him (I think they are nocturnal). I dont think he saw me. I started clapping and yelling at him and he finally responded and ran back into the woods.

Well played. Always warms my veggie eating heart to see people stopping to help save wildlife.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom