What did you do?

Witchy Chick

Chiropractor this morning for my hip and got his go ahead to go running this evening. I felt much better and was able todo 4 miles without any hip pain. I did feel some pain in my arch but I am going to go to the local running store tomorrow to see if I get some inserts to make it better. I hope it isn't anything more serious.:eek:

My plan before I made it to the gym was to do much more than 4 miles but there is a lady who comes and hops on the treadmill quite regularly who walks with a long bench press bar without weights. She sandwiches herself between treadmills and sways. A couple of weeks ago she stumbled and fell off-bar and all. Luck would have it that she hopped on the treadmill next to me. I couldn't risk her falling on me, plus her swaying with the bar kinda wigs me out. So much for a good long run...oh well it felt good to be without hip pain.

Sorry your run got cut short (I'm trying to envision this lady on the TM with a bench press bar!!!). Glad to hear no hip pain though!!

10 laps - 20 Lengths in the pool this morning. All crawl. Working on better breathing techniques before I try and work on arm leg technique. My theory is, if you arent breathing well in the pool and effectively, you wont swim well even if you had perfect technique.

Long run in the morning. It is funny, I never thought Id get to a place where i would say to myself, "Boy, Im glad i have my run/long run tomorrow, it is the easiest workout of my week"

Nice job with the swimming!! Is the bubble on the pool now? And how is the water temp?

5 miles for me this morning, 38:03, 7:36 /mi pace.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Very nice!!

just got in from a beautiful and peaceful midclearing run of 9 1/2 miles @ a 9:29 pace and a nice 52 degree with a a light head wind!...

Way to go!

2.5 miles on the treadmill and an hour of yoga/pilates this morning.

Great job!!

Dazzle Dash for me and DH tomorrow night. :)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Nice job with the swimming!! Is the bubble on the pool now? And how is the water temp?
It is. It is a very strange sensation since you can barely hear a conversation right next to you, but across the pool, it sounds like they are yelling it in your ear. Same with all the sounds of water etc. Very trippy. I think the water temp is around 75-78. It is on the cool side when you get in, but you obviously warm up quick.

There is an outdoor lap only pool that is steaming when I get there and looks awesome (the contrast of breathing 35 degrees but your body is warm). There is no lifeguard out there so it is closed to small groups with trainers only.

Mickey&Minnie

Sorry your run got cut short (I'm trying to envision this lady on the TM with a bench press bar!!!). Glad to hear no hip pain though!!

I know, I wish i could take a pic without her seeing me because it is really a sight to see. Add on top of the bar...she loads her TM down with books and bags. One day I will figure out how to take a picture:cool:

Mad Stitch

15 miles today. This was the first time I exceeded 31.1 miles and every week untill the WDW marathon will be a new distance record for me. My feet are feeling great in my new shoes too.

joel_maxwell

I had planned on running 13 this morning. Stayed up too late, had a glass of wine (a big one) after a rough day, and Rivers (1.5 years old) was up twice in the night. So, I woke up and got mad at myself for the wine thing and ran 14.5 instead. I added 2 big hills and pulled around 1,000 vertical feet elevation and 1,000 descent. Last 2 miles I kicked it down to around a 8 minute pace and then to a 7 minute pace the last mile. Great morning.

This was a lake I get to run around when entering this neighborhood. It is about 1 mile around the edge of the lake. This is what I texted Nick with a good morning. This was mile 6 or 7 of 14.5
photo.JPG

Texas84

I haven't done anything since W&D. I caught a bug going around the office and I'll probably miss my first weekend long run in 3 years. Not happy.

GoofyRacer11

Finished the 15k in 1:04:30, which is a 7:00/mile pace. My first mile was 6:30, which isn't my fastest mile ever, but it's pretty good. My legs weren't in the best possible shape. They were still sore from CrossFit on Friday. Being able to still finish that fast makes me wonder how fast I could have done it if they felt good. With my warmup and cool down, I ended up running 14 miles today.

dreamfinder

Sat was 6 miles per schedule, Sun was only 9, should have been 18. Time was cut short, and I also didn't want to push to hard as my legs still felt a bit off. Been spending alot of time working on the flexibility and stretching everything out to try to keep it from happening again.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20+ miles on the trails.

Getting back to my ultra training this week: no more flat asphalt, except for Goofy and the 5k. Only technical trails and beach from here on out.

McN500 here I come...

JillC LI

15 miles today. This was the first time I exceeded 31.1 miles and every week untill the WDW marathon will be a new distance record for me. My feet are feeling great in my new shoes too.

That's really a cool feeling. Be proud.

I had planned on running 13 this morning. Stayed up too late, had a glass of wine (a big one) after a rough day, and Rivers (1.5 years old) was up twice in the night. So, I woke up and got mad at myself for the wine thing and ran 14.5 instead. I added 2 big hills and pulled around 1,000 vertical feet elevation and 1,000 descent. Last 2 miles I kicked it down to around a 8 minute pace and then to a 7 minute pace the last mile. Great morning.

This was a lake I get to run around when entering this neighborhood. It is about 1 mile around the edge of the lake. This is what I texted Nick with a good morning. This was mile 6 or 7 of 14.5View attachment 28289

Gorgeous view Joel. What a place to run! I'm jealous.

20 miles for me this morning! Felt pretty good till the last two miles. They were tough! I looked back to our 20 mile split for the 2011 marathon. In 2011, we ran 20 miles in 4:51. Today we ran it in 4:13. Totally stoked about that!

What an improvement! Way to go!

20+ miles on the trails.

Getting back to my ultra training this week: no more flat asphalt, except for Goofy and the 5k. Only technical trails and beach from here on out.

McN500 here I come...

Nice job Nick. What's it like to run by the beaches near you? Very different than 3 weeks ago? Are the boardwalks still up?

As for me, 7 miles Sunday. 9:53 pace. Nice day to run although I wish the view was more like Joel's!

joel_maxwell

Gorgeous view Joel. What a place to run! I'm jealous.
:)

Thanks. I cant take credit that I live in this gated neighborhood, but I sneak around the gates and make myself welcome even with the security cameras etc. Too many hills that I have to take advantage of. I know one person in this neighborhood to "name drop" if security stops me. Right outside of the gates, are horse pastures. Im about .5 miles down the main drag into a different area, but with the foliage, it was a perfect run.

Just perfect. I wish you could join me once.

BTW, nice pace young lady. ;)

JillC LI

:)

Thanks. I cant take credit that I live in this gated neighborhood, but I sneak around the gates and make myself welcome even with the security cameras etc. Too many hills that I have to take advantage of. I know one person in this neighborhood to "name drop" if security stops me. Right outside of the gates, are horse pastures. Im about .5 miles down the main drag into a different area, but with the foliage, it was a perfect run.

Just perfect. I wish you could join me once.

BTW, nice pace young lady. ;)

Me too. I'm still holding out hopes for a Disney Runners group run one day.

And thanks re the pace. Two years ago I was doing all my easy runs about a full minute slower on the pace. I'm pretty pleased with my progress. (Btw, no need to wink on the "young" comment! LOL. I'm still a week away from my birthday!)

joel_maxwell

Me too. I'm still holding out hopes for a Disney Runners group run one day.

And thanks re the pace. Two years ago I was doing all my easy runs about a full minute slower on the pace. I'm pretty pleased with my progress. (Btw, no need to wink on the "young" comment! LOL. I'm still a week away from my birthday!)
LOL! LOL!

I was winking at the "nice pace" part, not the "young lady". :D

Mickey&Minnie

2 miles on the TM with some integrated speed work. Tummy wasn't feeling all that great today so afterwards I hopped on the bike and got lost in a tv show (Intervention, lol) and the next thing I knew I had biked my way through 19 miles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom