What did you do?

Mr mom

I don't do energy drinks and drink more decaf that regular coffee. I also try not to use any drugs unless I have to. I have a heart murmur so I do get that checked every year but other than that I am in excellent health. All my extra running is creating a problem though, I have lost about 5 to 6 pounds since I stepped it up and I have been eating like crazy, I am worried I may start getting muscle problems as I have like no fat as it is. Still, not eating enough is a much better problem than too much, lol.

Anyway , another good day.. 13.1 miles and abdominals. getting nippy now 28 degrees and 19 if you factor in windchill.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I don't do energy drinks and drink more decaf that regular coffee. I also try not to use any drugs unless I have to. I have a heart murmur so I do get that checked every year but other than that I am in excellent health. All my extra running is creating a problem though, I have lost about 5 to 6 pounds since I stepped it up and I have been eating like crazy, I am worried I may start getting muscle problems as I have like no fat as it is. Still, not eating enough is a much better problem than too much, lol.

Anyway , another good day.. 13.1 miles and abdominals. getting nippy now 28 degrees and 19 if you factor in windchill.
Nice distance for a Wednesday run.

"28 degrees and 19 if you factor in windchill".... 28 = YES please.... 19 wind chill = No thanks. Chapped face.

JillC LI

Can't stand not being able to run. Can't run on the treadmill in my house (still no power - day 10). Can't run very early when it's dark (trees and power lines still down all over plus I have to drive my kids 3 towns over to school which reopened today since we are staying with my mom). Can't run this afternoon (it's snowing and a nor'easter is almost here). Argh! I better be able to run tomorrow afternoon.

I wonder if anyone ever considered the derivation of that word. :rolleyes:

joel_maxwell

Can't stand not being able to run. Can't run on the treadmill in my house (still no power - day 10). Can't run very early when it's dark (trees and power lines still down all over plus I have to drive my kids 3 towns over to school which reopened today since we are staying with my mom). Can't run this afternoon (it's snowing and a nor'easter is almost here). Argh! I better be able to run tomorrow afternoon.

I wonder if anyone ever considered the derivation of that word. :rolleyes:
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Nice play Jill.

Hope you can run tomorrow. I know you are going nuts.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Sorry I have not checked in for a while. Still working on our house. It's snowing now. Still no power, which forced me to keep refilling a generator to keep the sump pump going, to remove the water, for 3 days straight, no sleep. Then the generator power cord failed when I dozed off, and water came back in ruining what the mold remediation folks did for two days. So now everything has to be done all over again, plus new electric panel, and the new furnace and water heater, which has to be installed after the the mold remediation process, which won't happen until this new storm ends...HOLY F'ING S--T I'm going crazy.

Got in a few runs, which were short, and I barely got warmed up. Hoping to still make my DWG 50k race on Saturday. I need to run 100 miler soon before I start losing it.

joel_maxwell

Sorry I have not checked in for a while. Still working on our house. It's snowing now. Still no power, which forced me to keep refilling a generator to keep the sump pump going, to remove the water, for 3 days straight, no sleep. Then the generator power cord failed when I dozed off, and water came back in ruining what the mold remediation folks did for two days. So now everything has to be done all over again, plus new electric panel, and the new furnace and water heater, which has to be installed after the the mold remediation process, which won't happen until this new storm ends...HOLY F'ING S--T I'm going crazy.

Got in a few runs, which were short, and I barely got warmed up. Hoping to still make my DWG 50k race on Saturday. I need to run 100 miler soon before I start losing it.
Hate to hear about the house troubles. I figure Ill reply here instead of on text (per our earlier conversation)

Yes, I hope you make that 50 this Saturday. You deserve a break and need one. Keep us updated on the house and Saturday.

JillC LI

So sorry to hear all this, Nick. You have it much worse than I do. I'm glad you were able to burn some steam running - I find it helps me escape. I hope you can make your race Saturday as well. Do you have hot water to shower or do you just s*ck it up with that too?

fmingo36

On a positive note you aren't losing any toenails. :p
Just kidding--I am so sorry for what you are going through. If you need a break, please take a ride out my way. I promise a warm meal, hot shower, and cold beer! Of if you need me to bring you something, let me know. We have plenty of gas stations open here so I could bring down a container full and I can tag in one night and watch the generator so you can get a good night's sleep. PLEASE don't hesitate to ask!!!

JillC LI

Hope you can run tomorrow. I know you are going nuts.

I AM going nuts, and I won't be able to run later today after all. Mother Nature sure knows how to kick us when we are down. Yesterday's nor'easter turned out to bring a lot more show and ice than anyone anticipated. More trees and power lines are down in the neighborhoods. More homes are without power once again delaying the likelihood that they will fix the downed power line in my backyard any time soon. Thankfully, although my mom's house lights flickered several times last night, she never lost power again. School was cancelled today again - I have no idea when they are going to make up all this time.

I think I have the beginnings of a cold. I miss being able to run – either on the treadmill or outdoors - and I think not doing my regular exercise routine is getting me run down (not to mention all those days I lived in a 40 degree house). Sorry to complain so much lately. I know I have it better than many, including Nick.

Texas84

Wow. Your area must still be flooded. Hang in there.

Did my last run before W&D last night, 3 miles. Temps were plummeting fast (40s) and a light rain was falling. Felt great!

Mr mom

Hope you make your race, you and the rest of our wdw runners from that area are in my thoughts.

joel_maxwell

I AM going nuts, and I won't be able to run later today after all. Mother Nature sure knows how to kick us when we are down. Yesterday's nor'easter turned out to bring a lot more show and ice than anyone anticipated. More trees and power lines are down in the neighborhoods. More homes are without power once again delaying the likelihood that they will fix the downed power line in my backyard any time soon. Thankfully, although my mom's house lights flickered several times last night, she never lost power again. School was cancelled today again - I have no idea when they are going to make up all this time.

I think I have the beginnings of a cold. I miss being able to run – either on the treadmill or outdoors - and I think not doing my regular exercise routine is getting me run down (not to mention all those days I lived in a 40 degree house). Sorry to complain so much lately. I know I have it better than many, including Nick.
I know yall are getting kicked in the gut right now, just hang in there. I know that a lot of Alabama Power crews are up in your area helping out. I work with people that have family up there. Even though we are so far away, we are trying to help.

Have a great run today!
Best run of the week today 18.4 miles plus a full workout, thank goodness I don't work tonight as all the running this week has me pretty worn out.
Nice mileage!
Wow. Your area must still be flooded. Hang in there.

Did my last run before W&D last night, 3 miles. Temps were plummeting fast (40s) and a light rain was falling. Felt great!
Good luck on your event! I enjoyed the W&D 2 years ago. Or was it 3 years ago......

joel_maxwell

5+ miles this morning. Colder weather is bringing faster paces. Just a casual run this morning at a 8:30 pace.

Swimming in the am. Going back to the breast stroke. Temporarily giving the "Crawl" a break.

JillC LI

I know yall are getting kicked in the gut right now, just hang in there. I know that a lot of Alabama Power crews are up in your area helping out. I work with people that have family up there. Even though we are so far away, we are trying to help.

Have a great run today!

Yep a lot of great people are trying to help. It's hard waiting though.

Another day with no run. Still too much snow and ice on the ground and melting snow creating ankle deep slush puddles. Sigh. I never thought I'd miss my treadmill so much!

Mr mom

Yep a lot of great people are trying to help. It's hard waiting though.

Another day with no run. Still too much snow and ice on the ground and melting snow creating ankle deep slush puddles. Sigh. I never thought I'd miss my treadmill so much!

We're rooting for you, hang in there. Some crews from my neck of the woods have headed stateside to help as well.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
First off....my heart goes out to all my friends going through the weather issues on the east coast. As long as you are all healthy, that's what's really important.

5k last night after work...a late night treadmill session. Nothing fancy, but ran great, and felt really good. Looking to get a long run in this weekend with my wife, which hasn't happened in forever.

Mr mom

Shortest run of the week 12 miles and a full workout. Awesome week for my running 75.5 miles for the week and it is getting a lot easier to followup long runs with long runs. No easy miles this week.

JillC LI

Thanks again everyone for your continued support. Day 12 now. I definitely have a cold, but I think the streets will be somewhat navigable to run outdoors today, so I plan to do 4 miles later, sick or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom