What did you do?

Mickey&Minnie

Today I had the 10k Run the Bridge race in Camden/Philadelphia. You run the Ben Franklin Bridge from Camden into Philly and back. After the bridge the race takes you along the Camden waterfront. I had my best 10k time finishing in 1:03:17 with a pace of 10:12. Beat last year's time by 10 minutes!

Wow beating last years time by 10 minutes is fantastic! Great job!

LindsayLoves

Today I had the 10k Run the Bridge race in Camden/Philadelphia. You run the Ben Franklin Bridge from Camden into Philly and back. After the bridge the race takes you along the Camden waterfront. I had my best 10k time finishing in 1:03:17 with a pace of 10:12. Beat last year's time by 10 minutes!

That's quite a time improvement the Goofy training must be paying off! A few of my friends ran this race and had a great time - I would love to do it but if it keeps falling on NYC marathon Sunday I will never be able to do it as I am always scheduled to work for the marathon (unless I run it then I get a pass on working)

Mr mom

Glad our folks in the hard hit areas are ok and still seem to have their sense of humour intact, my heart goes out to all of you. Hurricane hit our area about 10 years ago and it was not pleasant, some folks I work with lost just about everything back then, my family was lucky and had minor damage. i am glad it appears folks are at least safe.

Kristia

Wow beating last years time by 10 minutes is fantastic! Great job!
Oops! I have to edit that post. Beat it by 2 minutes. Not sure what I was thinking when I was typing!

That's quite a time improvement the Goofy training must be paying off! A few of my friends ran this race and had a great time - I would love to do it but if it keeps falling on NYC marathon Sunday I will never be able to do it as I am always scheduled to work for the marathon (unless I run it then I get a pass on working)
Have to edit that post. Beat it by 2 minutes. It is a great race. It seemed a little more crowded this year although I think it had the same number of runners. I heard there is a Zoo Run at Philadelphia Zoo which I want to try which is also the same weekend. May try that one to mix it up a little. Too many good races, too few weekends!

fmingo36

Oops! I have to edit that post. Beat it by 2 minutes. Not sure what I was thinking when I was typing!

Have to edit that post. Beat it by 2 minutes. It is a great race. It seemed a little more crowded this year although I think it had the same number of runners. I heard there is a Zoo Run at Philadelphia Zoo which I want to try which is also the same weekend. May try that one to mix it up a little. Too many good races, too few weekends!

A Zoo Race sounds fun. Let me know if you want to sign up for that one. I'll join you.
I was actually a little disappointed that the Hershey 1/2 didn't run through Zoo America.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Nick--if you & Alison need ANYTHING, let us know. Chris and I will be there in a heartbeat!

Thanks Coryna. You and Chris are great friends. The same applies: if you, Chris and the girls need ANYTHING, let us know. Glad you are all ok.

That 50 miler I ran last Saturday is the last time the shore will ever look the way it did. It's weird. My whole route no longer exists. Unreal.

Kristia

A Zoo Race sounds fun. Let me know if you want to sign up for that one. I'll join you.
I was actually a little disappointed that the Hershey 1/2 didn't run through Zoo America.
Awesome! I will keep my eye on it for next year. It is a 5 miler. Yeah I wish they had gone through there too. It was neat to see the place at night though!

dreamfinder

Sat was 7mi, 1 easy, 5@7:09, 1 easy. Sun was 20mi@8:34.

As I watched some of the Giants game on Sunday night, how come no one was complaining about the football game and basketball games (Nets/Knicks) still going on this week? Did they both not take large numbers of cops to direct traffic, suck up goodness knows how much water to flush those toilets, and god knows how much power for those Jumbotrons? I find it kind of interesting that people complaining about 47k runners don't say Boo! about the 85k at MetLife Stadium rolling up in their RVs and Buses while their neighbors cant get enough gas to get to work. Not saying that they should have held the NYC marathon, but all the events in the area need to be looked at equally.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Thanks Coryna. You and Chris are great friends. The same applies: if you, Chris and the girls need ANYTHING, let us know. Glad you are all ok.

That 50 miler I ran last Saturday is the last time the shore will ever look the way it did. It's weird. My whole route no longer exists. Unreal.
This is so cliche', but maybe when i started running in my new area code, it was hard settling down with all the new streets, sounds, etc. I think it made me grow a little and I benefited from it. Hope it does the same for you buddy.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
3 miles this morning at the Y on an indoor track (hated it) so I could lift weights afterwards (loved it). Im going to have to figure something out. I want to lift since I have seen results in my running in just a month back in the gym, but I dont like running in a circle for 14 laps to make a mile.

Ill figure something out.

Great running everyone. Looks like we had some people step it up this weekend. Great Job.

JillC LI

Hi guys. So here's my take on the NYC Marathon. Although my neighborhood was hit hard with fallen trees and flooding, I hadn't seen all photos of the total devastation in some parts of NY and NJ because I had no TV access. Seeing that, I agree that the decision to cancel was correct. However, I think the mayor handled the situation terribly. By Tuesday or Wednesday or even Thursday, he knew what the losses were, but he announced No Cancellation. He waited until 36 hours before the race to change his mind - when people had flown to NY from foreign countries and paid money for airfare and hotels. When everyone was geared up and ready to go. The last minute nature of the announcement was unacceptable. My heart particularly goes out to the first time marathoners. For those of you who have run a marathon, I'm sure you remember what it was like in those 4 months leading up to your first one - every minute, every breath, was completely absorbed by your training and preparation. And as the big day approached you were filled with intense excitement about fulfilling all you'd worked for. Can you imagine what it would be like to have the rug pulled out from under you 36 hours beforehand? Just devastating. Not as devastating as losing your home, of course, but still a loss. It was just handled horribly. So that's my two cents.

As for me, I am still living in the dark. Our house is so cold that we wear down winter coats and gloves when we have to be there. We find places to be for as much of the day as possible, and that is particularly hard with the kids because the schools are still closed. No end in sight. Today is my daughter's 11th birthday, and we are trying to make it as special as possible, but it's hard for her. I did do a 7 mile run on Saturday morning because I was able to take a hot shower at my dad's house afterwards, and I plan to do another 5 miles after work today because I can shower there again. My every run is dependent on when I can shower. Sigh.

Oh, and as an aside, my town cancelled our local 10K this coming weekend that I was going to race with my son. It isn't even an option with down trees and power lines all over the place.

Nick and Coryna, it was good to see you check in. Nick, I'm so sorry about all your home damage.

fmingo36

Hi guys. So here's my take on the NYC Marathon. Although my neighborhood was hit hard with fallen trees and flooding, I hadn't seen all photos of the total devastation in some parts of NY and NJ because I had no TV access. Seeing that, I agree that the decision to cancel was correct. However, I think the mayor handled the situation terribly. By Tuesday or Wednesday or even Thursday, he knew what the losses were, but he announced No Cancellation. He waited until 36 hours before the race to change his mind - when people had flown to NY from foreign countries and paid money for airfare and hotels. When everyone was geared up and ready to go. The last minute nature of the announcement was unacceptable. My heart particularly goes out to the first time marathoners. For those of you who have run a marathon, I'm sure you remember what it was like in those 4 months leading up to your first one - every minute, every breath, was completely absorbed by your training and preparation. And as the big day approached you were filled with intense excitement about fulfilling all you'd worked for. Can you imagine what it would be like to have the rug pulled out from under you 36 hours beforehand? Just devastating. Not as devastating as losing your home, of course, but still a loss. It was just handled horribly. So that's my two cents.

As for me, I am still living in the dark. Our house is so cold that we wear down winter coats and gloves when we have to be there. We find places to be for as much of the day as possible, and that is particularly hard with the kids because the schools are still closed. No end in sight. Today is my daughter's 11th birthday, and we are trying to make it as special as possible, but it's hard for her. I did do a 7 mile run on Saturday morning because I was able to take a hot shower at my dad's house afterwards, and I plan to do another 5 miles after work today because I can shower there again. My every run is dependent on when I can shower. Sigh.

Oh, and as an aside, my town cancelled our local 10K this coming weekend that I was going to race with my son. It isn't even an option with down trees and power lines all over the place.

Nick and Coryna, it was good to see you check in. Nick, I'm so sorry about all your home damage.

Jill-if you can get here, my home is open. If you need some place for the kids to hang out for a few days-I am a great babysitter! We have plenty of electronic devices to keep them busy. I could meet you half-way. Honestly, let me know if I can help in anyway. and Happy Birthday to Lil JillC LI!

As for your thougths on the marathon. I completely agree with you. It should have been cancelled on Tuesday. Even without having power and seeing the devastation on TV, we knew it was bad. To have people attempt to get to NYC for the race was ridiculous and DANGEROUS!

Mickey&Minnie

Hopped on the bike tonight for a little over 30 minutes. I am still sore from Saturday's half but the calves are really starting to loosen up. I was hoping that the bike would help loosed them even more. Maybe tomorrow I can get up from sitting without looking like I need be using a walker. I have no idea how I am going to survive the full in January. I definitely have some cram training runs to put in between now and then.

fmingo36

Finally got to the gym! Been 2 weeks since I ran and a month since I've done weights.
2 miles on the treadmill (street are still filled with debris and downed wires from the hurricane) and 1 hr w/weights.
Gonna feel it tommorow!

Kristia

Finally got to the gym! Been 2 weeks since I ran and a month since I've done weights.
2 miles on the treadmill (street are still filled with debris and downed wires from the hurricane) and 1 hr w/weights.
Gonna feel it tommorow!
How's the hip and knee doing?

Kristia

Hopped on the bike tonight for a little over 30 minutes. I am still sore from Saturday's half but the calves are really starting to loosen up. I was hoping that the bike would help loosed them even more. Maybe tomorrow I can get up from sitting without looking like I need be using a walker. I have no idea how I am going to survive the full in January. I definitely have some cram training runs to put in between now and then.
You'll survive! You will be all hopped up on adrenaline. :) We missed our long run this weekend because of the 10k. I really have to stop running races on the weekend because they are interfering with training but I can't stop myself! This weekend we are scheduled for a 20 mile. Don't know how we are going to do that! :eek:

Kristia

Knees-about the same. Hip is just horrible. I thought the break from working out might do it some good but NOPE. :(
Oh no...that really does stink. Wish we lived closer, I would send Dan straight over to check you out. With the rest and not feeling any better, I would get that checked out as soon as you can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom