What did you do?

JillC LI

Swimming tomorrow with my new jammer. Yep, Ill be in a speedo with legs (like biking shorts). It might take a few seconds off my lap time. LOL.... maybe not though.

My almost-11 yo daughter tried out for and joined a swim team this year. The boys have to wear jammers at the meets. Let's just say there was a lot of complaining when these young boys heard that! LOL. There should be a lot of giggling going on at the upcoming first meet.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
My almost-11 yo daughter tried out for and joined a swim team this year. The boys have to wear jammers at the meets. Let's just say there was a lot of complaining when these young boys heard that! LOL. There should be a lot of giggling going on at the upcoming first meet.
Snickers? Yes. I can only imagine.

The good thing between them and me is that Im not a boy anymore, Im a man. *looks around* However, these things are so tight but not like a regular Speedo, unless you are... well,.... (you know what Im saying) you wont "represent" from a visual standpoint.

The water is usually cold too. *looks around again*

LindsayLoves

The day started off with terrible news so this run was fueled by pure emotion, which apparently my body really responded to.
5 miles with negative splits.
9'04", 8'44", 8'33", 8'25", 8'15"

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

The good thing between them and me is that Im not a boy anymore, Im a man. *looks around* However, these things are so tight but not like a regular Speedo, unless you are... well,.... (you know what Im saying) you wont "represent" from a visual standpoint.

You couldn't get my a-- into a Speedo at gun-point. Plus, I sink like a rock.

joel_maxwell

The day started off with terrible news so this run was fueled by pure emotion, which apparently my body really responded to.
5 miles with negative splits.
9'04", 8'44", 8'33", 8'25", 8'15"
Nice splits though.....
You couldn't get my a-- into a Speedo at gun-point. Plus, I sink like a rock.
LOL... me too if you are talking about the regular kind. Jammer, I guess I have committed to wearing that damn thing. Ill say this, at 5:30-6:00am, nobody is checking anyone else out nor are you worried about it.

Some of those Tri chicks at the pool have killer bodies. :D

Mr mom

10.28 mile run this morning. It was interesting because the first 3 and last mile had a 30 mph headwind...and I had a jogging stroller that wanted to be like a parachute and go with the wind. It was a good quad workout during that part. My 10 mile split was faster than the ToT 10-miler.

It was a great feeling to go out and think "i'll probably do 3-4 miles and quit", and then feel great and turn in 10+ miles.

I love days like that too

Kristia

4 miles today. Not as quick as yesterday but not bad. Supposed to do 17 miles Sunday, but not sure that will happen with a probable hurricane hitting our area then. Ugh, doesn't mother nature care that I have to get in some miles?! Going to try to fit it in Saturday but we have some other commitments.

Witchy Chick

I got 2 miles on the TM done earlier this evening. 26:55.

Chilling until Saturday morning's 5K.

I saw the Princess half-marathon medal earlier tonight, and I WANT IT. hahaha Two Disney trips in ~ 6 weeks is a bit much. :p

Kristia

Thanks. My knees don't hurt during my run, just after. And more of an "ache" than "hurt." I still have a referral for Xray (or MRI? I don't remember) from my physical a few months ago. I also have a referral for PT. I just need to find the time to do that if, if needed....

I do plan on looking for some knee-strengthening exercises too. I don't think I'll get past 5K stage in regards to running, but I should do something about these achy creaky knees of mine. LOL
I agree with Dreamfinder. You would probably benefit from hip/knee/leg strengthening. I suffer from knee issues as well due to an OLD high school injury. I neglect my strengthening exercises when it feels fine and then I reinjure it again. I try to do the strengthening on my non-running days. It really does help. I have started kinesiotaping my knee also for a little extra support. It isn't as restrictive as a knee brace but seems to help in my recovery. Lots of straight leg raises! Definitely something that can get worse if you don't get it checked out. If you go to PT, they can show you exercises to help and maybe show you how to tape your knees if they think that could benefit you. If you do decide to try tape, you should have someone who is experienced show you how to do it the first time.

joel_maxwell

Swimming this am went ok today. It was 63 outside, the pool was at 84. Very hot. The heaters are sure working. Bubble goes up today. No more looking at the stars while swimming. It is going to be a sauna in there.

Jammer worked out well.

Long run in the am. Might do around 13.

imagination30

My first run after my 5k last sat.. and it felt pretty good.. i finished my 3 , so i was like okay i feel good so ill tack on 3 more .. wrong about my 5 my legs started feeling tight and like jello .. i manged to push though and come in with a 6.26 miler at a 8:25 pace! ( nice day for a run though ;))

Mr mom

End of another run week for me added another 9.6 miles today bring my total for the week to 58.4.. Add in my increased workout and I am feeling worn out but good. I have meetings next week that may crimp things a bit, I will have to find a way around some of that because I really wanted to keep up this bumped up exercise regime

Witchy Chick

I agree with Dreamfinder. You would probably benefit from hip/knee/leg strengthening. I suffer from knee issues as well due to an OLD high school injury. I neglect my strengthening exercises when it feels fine and then I reinjure it again. I try to do the strengthening on my non-running days. It really does help. I have started kinesiotaping my knee also for a little extra support. It isn't as restrictive as a knee brace but seems to help in my recovery. Lots of straight leg raises! Definitely something that can get worse if you don't get it checked out. If you go to PT, they can show you exercises to help and maybe show you how to tape your knees if they think that could benefit you. If you do decide to try tape, you should have someone who is experienced show you how to do it the first time.

Thanks, all, for the knee-strengthening advice. I only ran 2 miles last night, and my knees are not achy today. I'm thinking I pushed too hard earlier in the week, trying to get my mileage up in prep for the 5K. We'll see how my knees are tomorrow after the 5K.

I've been trying to get some leg raises in from time-to-time while I'm sitting at my desk all day at work.

Swimming this am went ok today. It was 63 outside, the pool was at 84. Very hot. The heaters are sure working. Bubble goes up today. No more looking at the stars while swimming. It is going to be a sauna in there.

Sauuunnnnnnna. Warrmmmmmmm. :D Do they turn the pool heaters down a bit once the bubble goes on? Hmmmmmm. 84 with the bubble on might be a bit much....even for me. LOL

My first run after my 5k last sat.. and it felt pretty good.. i finished my 3 , so i was like okay i feel good so ill tack on 3 more .. wrong about my 5 my legs started feeling tight and like jello .. i manged to push though and come in with a 6.26 miler at a 8:25 pace! ( nice day for a run though ;))

Nice job!!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Jammer worked out well.

Long run in the am. Might do around 13.
wow that is hot. They could save some cash there by dropping that down to the mid 70s for swimmers.

JillC LI

This sounds like an episode of Seinfeld! LOL

OL... me too if you are talking about the regular kind. Jammer, I guess I have committed to wearing that damn thing. Ill say this, at 5:30-6:00am, nobody is checking anyone else out nor are you worried about it.

Some of those Tri chicks at the pool have killer bodies. :D

So much for no one checking anyone else out! LOL

End of another run week for me added another 9.6 miles today bring my total for the week to 58.4.

That's an amazing weekly total.

5 miles with negative splits. 9'04", 8'44", 8'33", 8'25", 8'15"

Those are great splits. Sorry about the bad news.

joel_maxwell

wow that is hot. They could save some cash there by dropping that down to the mid 70s for swimmers.
The Water Aerobics class likes it to be 84. :rolleyes: They said they would have it in the upeer 70's, but both heaters were on today by accident with a new motor/pump.

There is still a lap pool outside that a group uses. Only problem, no life guard. Just the coach and those swimmers. Once they leave, Im not sure legally I could be out there. It would be at 74 and the outside temp unregulated.

If I ditch the "Crawl" and go to the Breast Stroke, I feel like Im cheating the challenge. I can breast stroke easily since it is an easy stroke. Sam thinks Im making it too hard by being stubborn, which I remind her, I wouldnt be in the pool if I wasnt stubborn.
This sounds like an episode of Seinfeld! LOL
Shrinkage. Nice play Jill.
So much for no one checking anyone else out! LOL
touche'

Ill put it like this. None of these girls would take the time to check me out, but I am a dude, and it is in my DNA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom