What did you do?

GoofyRacer11

So today I completed level 10 of my fundamentals! I did my usual warmup except I rowed 800 meters instead of running. Today's WOD consisted of 4 rounds of 10 hang cleans followed by 20 Russian lunges. Afterwards I did 50 floor wipers. After all that I decided to attempt to climb the rope again. The first time I made it without much difficulty. However, the second time was different. I made to the top okay, but as I was coming down I got a couple rope burns on my left hand. I'm all bandaged up now and will remember not to do that again. Tomorrow I'll be running 5 miles before heading off to my MasterChef audition!

Mr mom

So today I completed level 10 of my fundamentals! I did my usual warmup except I rowed 800 meters instead of running. Today's WOD consisted of 4 rounds of 10 hang cleans followed by 20 Russian lunges. Afterwards I did 50 floor wipers. After all that I decided to attempt to climb the rope again. The first time I made it without much difficulty. However, the second time was different. I made to the top okay, but as I was coming down I got a couple rope burns on my left hand. I'm all bandaged up now and will remember not to do that again. Tomorrow I'll be running 5 miles before heading off to my MasterChef audition!

Good luck, too bad about the burns

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
rope burn or carpet burn is the worst. Hope it heals soon.

LindsayLoves

My first time on a great route, ran from Queens into Manhattan down along the east side and then back up the west side, running along the East River and the Hudson for about 90% of the time. It was super flat and scenic definitely something I would recommend to everyone - though running down 1st Ave by the UN for 20 blocks isn't super fantastic.
14.5 miles running with 2 mile run/walk warmup and 1 mile cooldown. I was going for 16 for the running portion but when I paused my GPS to stretch it decided to end my run. :eek:
Depending on what Sandy brings us I'm not sure when I will be able to get in another run, I might have some 14 hour workdays coming up. :(

Tomorrow I'll be running 5 miles before heading off to my MasterChef audition!

Picked up my race packet - such as it is. Just a t- shirt and bib. Bib # 19. :)

Good luck to both of you!

Witchy Chick

5K went pretty good. I walked more than I thought I would. :( I'm not sure my exact time, forgot to start my Runkeeper app when I started. I had 3 miles in 42:45.

My husband walked the kids up in the wagon. :) I saw them at my last "corner" before heading to the church parking lot to finish up.

Kristia

5K went pretty good. I walked more than I thought I would. :( I'm not sure my exact time, forgot to start my Runkeeper app when I started. I had 3 miles in 42:45.

My husband walked the kids up in the wagon. :) I saw them at my last "corner" before heading to the church parking lot to finish up.
Good job! Sometimes you just have those days when you need to walk more than you want. It will get better the longer you train. How did the knees hold up?

Mr mom

So far the storm is going to just bring rain to us but looks to be all week long, so it will be a wet running week. Joel, I don't think Nick will be pleased with your issues, his motto is basicly die trying, lol.

Looks like everyone had some good distances this weekend, despits all of my meetings this week I will have to try and get some good distances in I guess.

Texas84

13.11 miles today. Perfect running weather, about 50F at launch. Had to wear the gloves for the first half. Funny how I can struggle through 3 miles then have an awesome 13 two days later. :confused: Anyway, put on the Zensah's. No knee support. Legs were great. Could have gone 3-4 more. Didn't really want to, but I could have. :)

Traffic was out of control this morning. Everyone must have been late for church after all the Halloween parties. My neighborhood is posted 25 mph everywhere and cars were zipping by me at 60-70. I had to dodge at least 6 cars who probably didn't see me or just didn't care.

Two more weeks until W&D!
calvin.gif

fmingo36

Taking it easy this week after the Hershey 1/2 marathon last Sunday. Since I'm not registered for any upcoming races and because of the hip pain I've been suffering with I decided to take a mini-break from running. I did 1 and 1/2hrs of yoga this morning and have been prepping for the hurricane. My area is going to get slammed!

Great job everyone on your training!
And for anyone in the storm effected area-BE SAFE!

Kristia

Taking it easy this week after the Hershey 1/2 marathon last Sunday. Since I'm not registered for any upcoming races and because of the hip pain I've been suffering with I decided to take a mini-break from running. I did 1 and 1/2hrs of yoga this morning and have been prepping for the hurricane. My area is going to get slammed!

Great job everyone on your training!
And for anyone in the storm effected area-BE SAFE!
That stinks you are still having hip pain. :( We have hunkered down here too. The storm is supposed to come ashore in Atlantic City about 20 miles due east of us. Ugh! Hoping it isn't as bad as they are saying it is going to be.

fmingo36

That stinks you are still having hip pain. :( We have hunkered down here too. The storm is supposed to come ashore in Atlantic City about 20 miles due east of us. Ugh! Hoping it isn't as bad as they are saying it is going to be.

They have already canceled school for Monday/Tuesday so I'm thinking it's going to be bad. I'm planning on not having a power for awhile.

Making an appointment with a PT or Sports Med MD is on my to-do list. The pain is just not subsiding. I don't want to do anything that may make it worse. I'm hoping to sign up for the Princess 1/2 (as a Christmas present from me to me ;)) and I want to be able to train relatively pain free.

Need to make plans for dinner once we get through the storm.

Kristia

They have already canceled school for Monday/Tuesday so I'm thinking it's going to be bad. I'm planning on not having a power for awhile.

Making an appointment with a PT or Sports Med MD is on my to-do list. The pain is just not subsiding. I don't want to do anything that may make it worse. I'm hoping to sign up for the Princess 1/2 (as a Christmas present from me to me ;)) and I want to be able to train relatively pain free.

Need to make plans for dinner once we get through the storm.
Yeah, I think most of the Jersey schools are closed. I am hoping I don't have to go to work tomorrow and Tuesday. Don't know if I could even get there as I have to cross over a couple small rivers that are prone to flooding. I would love to do the princess but we have the trip in Jan and one in August so that isn't in the cards this year. I am entering the Run Like a Princess sweepstakes every day though! I will run if I can win a trip! Definitely looking forward to hanging out some more with you guys! :D Get better! Hopefully it isn't anything super serious!

dreamfinder

Sat was a 2 easy, 3@7:04, 1 easy. Followed by some pull ups, windshield wipers, and squat lunge thingies (dunno their real name), a few sets of each. Sunday was 18 @8:34. Feeling good today except for some nasty chafing. BodyGlide seems to kinda give up when I perspire excessively.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom