What did you do?

JillC LI

Ran the local Susan G Komen Race for the cure yesterday! Average pace was 9:05 per mile. That's my best ever pace. Got a Haunted 1/2 marathon Saturday the 27th! Wish me luck!

Congrats - great pace!

Good day today, full workout and I increased my weight and reps, plus I ran 19.2 miles. 1.41.30 at the half marathon mark. I am really working on increasing my endurance.

That's fantastic!

Caramello s'more?? Ohhhhh man. I may have to train up to a half for that bad boy. OMG.

::raises hand:: I hate to be cold!! I've already been using the heated mattress pad on our bed at night. LOL

Do it! And, yeah, I hate to be cold too. I walk around my house wearing a sweater, and I put fleece sheets on the bed when the weather gets cold, but when I'm running, I'm only cold for that first mile and then I start to sweat so I can't bulk up too much or I'll be miserable for the rest of the run. I can suck it up for the first 10 minutes.

13 miles for Beth and I yesterday. Great weather for it, and clocked in at 1h:57mins.

Great job!

Hershey might be on our list next year. We can get a timeshare right down the road. Yeah, figured there might be hills. :)

Do it too! We'll make it a group event!

As for me, 3.5 miles last night - short tempo run at 9:09 pace.

Just noticed the Hershey race report thread so I'm going to check that out now.

LindsayLoves

Yesterday: 3.95 @ 9:37
Today: 5.18 @ 8:55

The past two weeks this has happened - my Monday run has been pretty crappy and then my Tuesday run is great. It isn't the same route so that could be part of the issue but I think I might just have the worst case of the Mondays ever.

Kristia

Yesterday: 3.95 @ 9:37
Today: 5.18 @ 8:55

The past two weeks this has happened - my Monday run has been pretty crappy and then my Tuesday run is great. It isn't the same route so that could be part of the issue but I think I might just have the worst case of the Mondays ever.
Maybe you just need that Monday warm-up! ;)

As for me, I just did 4 miles @ 10:22. I was so happy, I was able to do my 3rd mile in 9:59! Woohoo! Under 10 baby! :D Of course I blew it all out in that mile and my last one was 10:36.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
5.5 miles this morning. 3.5 of it was in the dark. I just cant tell you how much I love that... and then, the earth awakens (at least in my neighborhood). :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
28 miles Monday.
30 miles yesterday.
Just under 30 miles this morning.
30 miles tomorrow morning.

Trying to break 200+ miles this week. I need to make up a few miles tomorrow and Friday, and end Saturday with a 50 miler.

Ran with my new Garmin fenix this morning. The functions and customizations are almost overwhelming, but this thing is f'ing great. Definitly not a "runner's" watch, if you are a short distance, speed or a marathon runner. Great for ultra distance, fast-packing, hiking, trail running. Alot of little quirks that make it far from the Forerunner watches, but I actually like them.

Body hurts.

joel_maxwell

28 miles Monday.
30 miles yesterday.
Just under 30 miles this morning.
30 miles tomorrow morning.

Trying to break 200+ miles this week. I need to make up a few miles tomorrow and Friday, and end Saturday with a 50 miler.

Ran with my new Garmin fenix this morning. The functions and customizations are almost overwhelming, but this thing is f'ing great. Definitly not a "runner's" watch, if you are a short distance, speed or a marathon runner. Great for ultra distance, fast-packing, hiking, trail running. Alot of little quirks that make it far from the Forerunner watches, but I actually like them.

Body hurts.
Id love to get my hands on a Fenix.

Nice mileage Nick. Way to bring it.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Id love to get my hands on a Fenix.

Nice mileage Nick. Way to bring it.

Thanks buddy. I'm hurtin'!

The fenix is unbelieveable. Features I hope I would never need; like getting completely lost and having precise markers and directions to direct you back. Even a location function to pinpoint my location within a foot in case a helicoptor has to find my dumba--. TOO many features. Endless customizabke data pages, so if I wanted, I could create a data page for every single function and display this watch has. But I have nine pages:
1 pace, time, distance
2 avg pace, speed, calories
3 altimeter
4 barometer, tempurature
5 time
6 realtime 3 axis compass
7 maps
8 location
9 battery indicator, with tone&vibrate alarm to signal a specified battey %. Mine is set to %15.

The manual is huge, and I'm still finding functions that aren't listed in that!

Mr mom

took it down a notch today to rest the old body. Still did my new and improved workout but took it down to a respectable 6.4 miles, my body needs a rest.

joel_maxwell

Thanks buddy. I'm hurtin'!

The fenix is unbelieveable. Features I hope I would never need; like getting completely lost and having precise markers and directions to direct you back. Even a location function to pinpoint my location within a foot in case a helicoptor has to find my dumba--. TOO many features. Endless customizabke data pages, so if I wanted, I could create a data page for every single function and display this watch has. But I have nine pages:
1 pace, time, distance
2 avg pace, speed, calories
3 altimeter
4 barometer, tempurature
5 time
6 realtime 3 axis compass
7 maps
8 location
9 battery indicator, with tone&vibrate alarm to signal a specified battey %. Mine is set to %15.

The manual is huge, and I'm still finding functions that aren't listed in that!
Not as bad as you will hurt in the 500. This is easy prep. Ill pat you on the back when you complete the 500 or get as far as you can, until then, lets keep kickin butt, suck it up and be the mad man you are.

These are my two favs.

joel_maxwell

4.5 miles this morning. Deer spotting. Love that.

Swimming tomorrow with my new jammer. Yep, Ill be in a speedo with legs (like biking shorts). It might take a few seconds off my lap time. LOL.... maybe not though.

Witchy Chick

I did 2.7 miles on the TM Tuesday night in 36:34. I was at home "off the grid" yesterday or I would have posted yesterday. :D

Going for 2.1 or 2.2 tonight -- then chilling until Saturday morning's 5K.

Knees (particularly the right one) were absolutely killing me yesterday. I started taking my Naproxen again 2x/day to see if that helps.

dreamfinder

30 mins on the bike today, seemed to be a light cross training day, but what do I know...

Knees (particularly the right one) were absolutely killing me yesterday. I started taking my Naproxen again 2x/day to see if that helps.

You may want to look into doing some leg/hip/knee strengthening exercises. Playing with knee pain can be dangerous. If it keeps hurting, definitely suggest looking into seeing a PT/trainer for a little bit to get it worked out.

Witchy Chick

You may want to look into doing some leg/hip/knee strengthening exercises. Playing with knee pain can be dangerous. If it keeps hurting, definitely suggest looking into seeing a PT/trainer for a little bit to get it worked out.

Thanks. My knees don't hurt during my run, just after. And more of an "ache" than "hurt." I still have a referral for Xray (or MRI? I don't remember) from my physical a few months ago. I also have a referral for PT. I just need to find the time to do that if, if needed....

I do plan on looking for some knee-strengthening exercises too. I don't think I'll get past 5K stage in regards to running, but I should do something about these achy creaky knees of mine. LOL

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
10.28 mile run this morning. It was interesting because the first 3 and last mile had a 30 mph headwind...and I had a jogging stroller that wanted to be like a parachute and go with the wind. It was a good quad workout during that part. My 10 mile split was faster than the ToT 10-miler.

It was a great feeling to go out and think "i'll probably do 3-4 miles and quit", and then feel great and turn in 10+ miles.

joel_maxwell

10.28 mile run this morning. It was interesting because the first 3 and last mile had a 30 mph headwind...and I had a jogging stroller that wanted to be like a parachute and go with the wind. It was a good quad workout during that part. My 10 mile split was faster than the ToT 10-miler.

It was a great feeling to go out and think "i'll probably do 3-4 miles and quit", and then feel great and turn in 10+ miles.
Yes, those are nice days. Nice job.

Also, on a windy day, does it always feel that a 30mph head wind is only a 10mph tail wind if you turn around? It is like the wind knows. The amount of resistance on a head wind never feels easier when I turn around.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Yes, those are nice days. Nice job.

Also, on a windy day, does it always feel that a 30mph head wind is only a 10mph tail wind if you turn around? It is like the wind knows. The amount of resistance on a head wind never feels easier when I turn around.

The funny part is I ran into the wind in the open area...then I ran through the city to our park that sits on the lake. All of the city where I would have had tailwind was blocked by buildings and trees. So I didn't even get a little help.

joel_maxwell

The funny part is I ran into the wind in the open area...then I ran through the city to our park that sits on the lake. All of the city where I would have had tailwind was blocked by buildings and trees. So I didn't even get a little help.
LOL... that is horrible.

I feel like i have a head wind on an out and back. How is this possible? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom