What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Mine (without wind) is more like:
60+ tech t-shirt and shorts
50+ tech long sleeve shirt and capris
40+ tech long sleeve shirt and thin pants/tights and tech jacket
30+ tech long sleeve shirt and thin pants/tights and tech jacket, hat and thin gloves
Below 30 tech long sleeve shirt meant for COLD and pants/tights meant for COLD and tech jacket, hat and fleece gloves

Ice or snow on ground - use treadmill.
LOL.

Yes, last time I ran in snow/ice, I gave myself a 3 week injury of my Achilles. That, "I have to get my 5 mile run in Sam", really turned out for the worse.

I bet some would be "Below 30 - Look like the kid from A Christmas Story"

tink65

Ran the local Susan G Komen Race for the cure yesterday! Average pace was 9:05 per mile. That's my best ever pace. Got a Haunted 1/2 marathon Saturday the 27th! Wish me luck!

Mr mom

Good day today, full workout and I increased my weight and reps, plus I ran 19.2 miles. 1.41.30 at the half marathon mark. I am really working on increasing my endurance.

Witchy Chick

Next year!!! We are going to put this on our must do list. Register early lol! Sorry, I didn't have a smore...I didn't want to overdo it for the race the next day. They were cooking them all over the park though and it was killing me. They had a Caramello s'more......sigh.

Caramello s'more?? Ohhhhh man. I may have to train up to a half for that bad boy. OMG.

LOL.
I bet some would be "Below 30 - Look like the kid from A Christmas Story"

::raises hand:: I hate to be cold!! I've already been using the heated mattress pad on our bed at night. LOL

Nice job, tink and Mr Mom!!!

I'm on the TM again tonight. I hope Mickey-in-our-basement stays as a Hidden Mickey tonight. :D

LindsayLoves

Ice or snow on ground - use treadmill.

Smart, the Manhattan Half Marathon took place on a snowy day last year - they let people run it but they had no official time keeping. I was in the park that day and those folks were nuts, the snow was coming down hard and it was so slippery underneath. Trying to run those hills on 2 inches of snow just screams of pulled muscles. No thank you.

joel_maxwell

Smart, the Manhattan Half Marathon took place on a snowy day last year - they let people run it but they had no official time keeping. I was in the park that day and those folks were nuts, the snow was coming down hard and it was so slippery underneath. Trying to run those hills on 2 inches of snow just screams of pulled muscles. No thank you.
That is how I hurt myself. Id skip that one too. Not worth it, at least to me.

joel_maxwell

Caramello s'more?? Ohhhhh man. I may have to train up to a half for that bad boy. OMG.

::raises hand:: I hate to be cold!! I've already been using the heated mattress pad on our bed at night. LOL

Nice job, tink and Mr Mom!!!

I'm on the TM again tonight. I hope Mickey-in-our-basement stays as a Hidden Mickey tonight. :D
OMG.... no way jose'.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I know the results... but I wont spoil it.
You ask, you get it. This is my go to chart for clothing and running.

Tempature Gauge:
50+ tech shirt, shorts
45-50+ tech shirt, shorts
(check wind chill if 10+, go to one below)
40-45 long sleeve compression (LSC), shorts
35-40 LSC + shirt, shorts, gloves
35 & Below LSC + shirt, gloves, beanie
25 & Below Add tights
Thats a great chart! I always mean to do this, but at the time think it is so obvious that I don't bother. Then when the next year rolls around, I cant remember what my clothing parameters are LOL

joel_maxwell

Thats a great chart! I always mean to do this, but at the time think it is so obvious that I don't bother. Then when the next year rolls around, I cant remember what my clothing parameters are LOL
I have been meaning to post that for about a year thinking someone might find it useful to tweak it for themselves. I just hate getting up that early in the morning and having to think while letting the dogs out, am I dressed ok, will I be too cold, too hot so on and so forth. This way, it is fool proof. Trust the chart.

In my xls file cleaverly named, "Running Schedules.xls" it is pasted on every page.

13 miles for Beth and I yesterday. Great weather for it, and clocked in at 1h:57mins.
Nice job. Just under a 9 minute pace.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just under 30 miles this morning.

Did some chores around town near the end of my run to get in a few extra miles, and save on gas.

Reconfigured my hydration set-up: moved the two front shoulder bottles to the main back compartment, with a T-hose connector going into one hose. Distributing the weight better, cutting down on 20oz of water, and opening up the front holsters for other "got-to" items.

Looking to break 200+ miles this week.

Bring on the pain.

Texas84

You ask, you get it. This is my go to chart for clothing and running.
Awesome. That was pasted right into my running spreadsheet. Thanks!

Haha! Love it! Exhausted from running and then driving the 2.5 hours home but I will write something tomorrow! I was able to finally meet the famous Coryna (fmingo) too! Yay! We totally missed each other today so no pics of that. :( Short story...great race with lots of hills which I am not used too! I finished in 2:36:02. Not a PR but I am still happy with that! Details soon.

Hershey might be on our list next year. We can get a timeshare right down the road. Yeah, figured there might be hills. :)

dreamfinder

40 mins of bike cross training this AM. 10 easy, 30 tempo. Feel remarkably good after the 20 on Sunday. Hate to say it, but the program seems to be working ok so far....

joel_maxwell

No watch Mondays turned into 3 miles of speed work. I didnt have a watch to gauge speed, but from my experience and internal speedometer, I think I did about a 7:00, 7:20, 7:00 split. I was booking it.

This morning started the new work outs for Winter and Spring events. Along with a full marathon schedule for a February event, weights were added to Mondays, biking on Tuesdays with weights, Fridays swimming. Yeh body fat, that is me calling you out and Im about to own you. ;) I hope my legs are up for this. LOL

joel_maxwell

40 mins of bike cross training this AM. 10 easy, 30 tempo. Feel remarkably good after the 20 on Sunday. Hate to say it, but the program seems to be working ok so far....
I did 3 miles this morning on a trainer with a 15mph pace. Im easing into this since it is on a trainer and not actual roads. That means not coasting breaks over 3-5 miles.

I have no idea about all this cycling stuff. I have a Tri this spring that is a run, paddle, bike with the bike being 33 miles. I need an experienced cyclist to help me know how much i should riding a week to complete 33 miles. I dont have to be Tour de France ready, but complete it nicely. @wdwmagic ? Thoughts? You ride.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
6 miles this morning. It was the first real run I've had since the ToT race. I've been working out and doing a ton of cardio, just not running. My legs felt great. It was great temps...54 and a light fog in the open areas. I really felt strong again, and could breathe. I fueled properly before the run, which is now my focus. We used the galloway method today, since it's what we will use in the marathon.

Good day today. I feel much better.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I did 3 miles this morning on a trainer with a 15mph pace. Im easing into this since it is on a trainer and not actual roads. That means not coasting breaks over 3-5 miles.

I have no idea about all this cycling stuff. I have a Tri this spring that is a run, paddle, bike with the bike being 33 miles. I need an experienced cyclist to help me know how much i should riding a week to complete 33 miles. I dont have to be Tour de France ready, but complete it nicely. @wdwmagic ? Thoughts? You ride.
What is the furthest you have been on the bike so far?
We did 38 miles the other week somewhat out of the blue, we just decided to do it. We had mainly been doing 10 milers before that. I don't think you'll have a problem as you are in great shape already.

I'm new at the biking too, so I cant offer any experienced advice on this one either. Let me know what you find out when you look into it.

joel_maxwell

What is the furthest you have been on the bike so far?
We did 38 miles the other week somewhat out of the blue, we just decided to do it. We had mainly been doing 10 milers before that. I don't think you'll have a problem as you are in great shape already.

I'm new at the biking too, so I cant offer any experienced advice on this one either. Let me know what you find out when you look into it.
5-6 miles... but that is just me getting acclimated "down south" if you know what i mean first. I was riding an old beater Mtn Bike from the mid 90's which weighed a ton as you can imagine. I dont mind training on it, since it weighs more, but i think i might rent a road/tri bike for that 33 mile bike. My other 2 Tri's I want to do have a 10 mile bike, which is fine with my current set up.

I think that if I can go in and ride once a week @10 miles a session, along with the other things Im doing, Ill be able to get through it and maybe even a little competitively. As I stated above, I think it is just as important to get your hind quarters ready. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom