What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Love that I can post pics now! Here's me at mile 37 at the Dirty German 50 mile. This is my old gear set-up. The new one is the same configuration, just even more bada--.
tac6.jpg

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
ran a 5k in about froze this morning .. - ran it in offically : 22.37 , unoffically 22.40 , with a pace of 7:18. unoffically 97 overall and offically 96 out of 1,000 men!
hmmmm. I think I know which one too. Did it happen to start at Lynn Park? Lol. Nice time.

The temps were awesome! It was 46.

joel_maxwell

Yesterday, I did about 8 miles. I don't officially start my marathon schede till the end if the month, but I'm not going to let up.

It was a glorious 46 here in Birmingham at 6am Saturday. By my tempature/clothes gauge chart, it was 46 so that fell in the "between 45-50", we were still in just a tech shirt and shorts. According to my chart, if there was a 10mph wind chill or higher, we drop to the 40-45 category which calls for shorts and a long sleeve tech shirt.

I know it is funny to have a chart by tempature of what to wear, but I was tired of guessing and over dressing 2 years ago.

Have a great Sunday.

Texas84

Joel, you need to share that chart. :) It was about 50 when I launched today but it was sunny so shorts and long sleeve tech shirt was perfect. 5.22 miles at 11 minute pace. That is cruising for me! Felt awesome. No Zensahs, no knee support. Just free legs. I'm offically in marathon training so I'm even run-walking the short runs. Did not want to take all the walk breaks today.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Insanity Plyometric Cardio circuit today. A bit of a challenge with the 2 year old running laps around me as I moved around. Got it done, though.

Witchy Chick

I got in 2.5 miles on the TM last night. About 3/4 mile in, I had company of the rodent variety (unfinished basement) and it wasn't MICKEY. Creeped me out - but I stayed running. Hahaha

JillC LI

Thanks buddy. The mental stuff is the toughest. Mental training for McN500; trying to stay sane when I say to myself at mile 250, alone in the dark with the coyotes, "wow, NOW I'm halfway there..."

You know how they say that a marathon begins at Mile 20? I hear that the McN500 begins at Mile 400. ;)

As for me, yesterday the hubby and I got deep tissue massages. I've had swedish massages before, but this tiny little old lady went to town on my back and shoulders to the point that today I feel like someone ran over my back with a truck! Thanksfully she didn't torture my legs so I was able to run 7 miles this morning although it was tough to pump my arms on the hills. After our massages yesterday we walked all the way from Canal Street along the Hudson River, along the High Line to 44th Street. For you non-NYC folks, it was about a 7 mile walk in beautiful Fall weather. Then we rewarded ourselves with dinner at Carmine's. :p

Kristia

pbh.jpg

It's today, isn't it?
Haha! Love it! Exhausted from running and then driving the 2.5 hours home but I will write something tomorrow! I was able to finally meet the famous Coryna (fmingo) too! Yay! We totally missed each other today so no pics of that. :( Short story...great race with lots of hills which I am not used too! I finished in 2:36:02. Not a PR but I am still happy with that! Details soon.

joel_maxwell

pbh.jpg

It's today, isn't it?
I know the results... but I wont spoil it.
Joel, you need to share that chart. :) It was about 50 when I launched today but it was sunny so shorts and long sleeve tech shirt was perfect. 5.22 miles at 11 minute pace. That is cruising for me! Felt awesome. No Zensahs, no knee support. Just free legs. I'm offically in marathon training so I'm even run-walking the short runs. Did not want to take all the walk breaks today.
You ask, you get it. This is my go to chart for clothing and running.

Tempature Gauge:
50+ tech shirt, shorts
45-50+ tech shirt, shorts
(check wind chill if 10+, go to one below)
40-45 long sleeve compression (LSC), shorts
35-40 LSC + shirt, shorts, gloves
35 & Below LSC + shirt, gloves, beanie
25 & Below Add tights

dreamfinder

Sat was a 1,4,1. Easy, 7:04, easy. Sunday was 20mi at 8:49. I suppose its a good thing when your muscles don't hurt at all. But yet other parts of your body do.......

dreamfinder

I know the results... but I wont spoil it.

Tempature Gauge:
50+ tech shirt, shorts
25 & Below Add tights

Yeah, that looks pretty good. I think my only change up would be tossing in sleeves at the 40-45 instead of the long sleeve shirt.

JillC LI

Haha! Love it! Exhausted from running and then driving the 2.5 hours home but I will write something tomorrow! I was able to finally meet the famous Coryna (fmingo) too! Yay! We totally missed each other today so no pics of that. :( Short story...great race with lots of hills which I am not used too! I finished in 2:36:02. Not a PR but I am still happy with that! Details soon.

Aaaargh! I so wanted to be there and meet/run with you guys! Can't wait to hear more details from you and Coryna.

I hope someone ate a Hershey s'more for me in the fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies they make them in the park (instead of graham crackers) - I still have dreams of those. lol

JillC LI

Tempature Gauge:
50+ tech shirt, shorts
25 & Below Add tights

Mine (without wind) is more like:
60+ tech t-shirt and shorts
50+ tech long sleeve shirt and capris
40+ tech long sleeve shirt and thin pants/tights and tech jacket
30+ tech long sleeve shirt and thin pants/tights and tech jacket, hat and thin gloves
Below 30 tech long sleeve shirt meant for COLD and pants/tights meant for COLD and tech jacket, hat and fleece gloves

Ice or snow on ground - use treadmill.

Kristia

Aaaargh! I so wanted to be there and meet/run with you guys! Can't wait to hear more details from you and Coryna.

I hope someone ate a Hershey s'more for me in the fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies they make them in the park (instead of graham crackers) - I still have dreams of those. lol
Next year!!! We are going to put this on our must do list. Register early lol! Sorry, I didn't have a smore...I didn't want to overdo it for the race the next day. They were cooking them all over the park though and it was killing me. They had a Caramello s'more......sigh.

JillC LI

Next year!!! We are going to put this on our must do list. Register early lol! Sorry, I didn't have a smore...I didn't want to overdo it for the race the next day. They were cooking them all over the park though and it was killing me. They had a Caramello s'more......sigh.

OK now you've completely destroyed me. Caramellos are my favorite candy bar in the whole world. Sigh.
Yes, someone please tell me next year when sign-ups for this begin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom