What did you do?

JillC LI

Speed work this morning. 3.8 miles on treadmill including 7 reps of (1/4 mile at 8:20 min/mile x 2 minutes at 10 min/mile). I increased the speed on the intervals higher than I have done before, so this was a real challenge, but I finished it. (patting self on back)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Speed work this morning. 3.8 miles on treadmill including 7 reps of (1/4 mile at 8:20 min/mile x 2 minutes at 10 min/mile). I increased the speed on the intervals higher than I have done before, so this was a real challenge, but I finished it. (patting self on back)
At a girl!

Witchy Chick

Whew, I haven't been online in awhile so I had 2.5 pages of posts to catch up on. Nice work everyone.

As for me, I ran 8 miles Sunday with my hubby accompanying me on his bike. Then yesterday, I was going to do an easy 6 miles, but I was feeling strong, and the weather was so comfortable, that I found myself flying. So I decided to tag on another .2 miles to see what my 10K time would be, and it turned out to be a PR! My previous PR for that distance was 59:31, but yesterday it was 58:52, and I still had a little more in the tank. I could have even gone faster but I developed a nasty blister under my big toe which was killing me - I'm not sure how I get it because I NEVER EVER EVER get blisters. Oh well, guess it had to happen sometime. Anyway, I'm still almost a month out from my 10K race with my son, so I'm feeling pretty good about breaking 58 minutes and maybe even beating him. :D

Nice job on the PR!!!

Been really pumping it up lately, put down another 13.2 miles today, on tap for a great week. My legs are weak and I am coming down with a cold but my will power is stronger.

Way to go!!

Nice!!!

I got 1.7 miles on the TM last night. 5K is next Saturday, 10/27. Next TM run, I'm going up to 2.2, 2.3 miles. Maybe one more after that -- and then a couple 2.8s before the 5K. 5K-day miiiiiight be the first time I ever run 3.1 miles. LOL

I hope everyone is doing well!!

Mr mom

Good end to a pumped up week. 11.3 miles today plus my full workout. My end of week total is 65 miles. I am really trying to build up my tolerance and endurance and I figure the bigger distances will do that. That was about 10 miles or so more than last week. My ab and weight training are due for a slight increase but all this running is gonna slow that down I think.

joel_maxwell

No swimming this morning. I dont have a wetsuit. ;) Lows were in the upper 40's and the bubble over the pool goes up this week. Sorry, but Im not swimming in those temps.

Witchy Chick

No swimming this morning. I dont have a wetsuit. ;) Lows were in the upper 40's and the bubble over the pool goes up this week. Sorry, but Im not swimming in those temps.

I don't blame you. Brrrrrrr.

It WILL be!!! Believe it to achieve it!

I actually meant that "first time running 3.1" as "I probably don't have enough training time beforehand to even get 3.1 in on the TM." ;) As it is, my runs right now = .5 mile running, .1 mile walking (lather/rinse/repeat). That's good enough for me (for now). Definitely going to train up to run the entire 5K in January.

My DH "bumping" his runs this week is totally messing me up. He was supposed to get some low-mileage runs in this week (on the TM) T/W/Th but kept blowing them off. Even today -- he is off of work -- he is contemplating not running. He is due for a 20-miler today or tomorrow. I told him this morning that I don't care if he does not run today when he has allllllllll day to do so -- TM is mine tonight for about an hour. He can just deal. :mad: ;)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20+ miles yesterday before sunrise. Headlamp runs are the best. Waves crashing and no one around except for the surfers chillin' out and waiting for dawn.

25 miles this morning with strong relentless winds. Legs are trashed for sure, and icing as I type this.

Might take the weekend off, as next week I am planning on breaking 200+ miles for the week, ending with a 50mile on Saturday morning.

Get off your a--es and run, even if it's a few miles. You won't regret it.

joel_maxwell

I don't blame you. Brrrrrrr.
Yep, Im not a huge believer in the wet head in cold temps = sickness, but with ToT and Ruffner behind me, next week starts a huge jump in training for a marathon in February, some mini Tri's in the spring and 1 Tri that is a 10K trail run, 2 mile paddle and 33 mile bike. I really have to start riding more. and more.... and more.
20+ miles yesterday before sunrise. Headlamp runs are the best. Waves crashing and no one around except for the surfers chillin' out and waiting for dawn.

25 miles this morning with strong relentless winds. Legs are trashed for sure, and icing as I type this.

Might take the weekend off, as next week I am planning on breaking 200+ miles for the week, ending with a 50mile on Saturday morning.

So, looking forward to my early run in the morning. It will be about 46. Ill dream of this run and those temps.

Nice mileage Nick. Take the weekend off. Get ready for next week. More so mentally.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Yep, Im not a huge believer in the wet head in cold temps = sickness, but with ToT and Ruffner behind me, next week starts a huge jump in training for a marathon in February, some mini Tri's in the spring and 1 Tri that is a 10K trail run, 2 mile paddle and 33 mile bike. I really have to start riding more. and more.... and more.
So, looking forward to my early run in the morning. It will be about 46. Ill dream of this run and those temps.

Nice mileage Nick. Take the weekend off. Get ready for next week. More so mentally.

Thanks buddy. The mental stuff is the toughest. Mental training for McN500; trying to stay sane when I say to myself at mile 250, alone in the dark with the coyotes, "wow, NOW I'm halfway there..."

joel_maxwell

Thanks buddy. The mental stuff is the toughest. Mental training for McN500; trying to stay sane when I say to myself at mile 250, alone in the dark with the coyotes, "wow, NOW I'm halfway there..."
Pace yourself and dont peak to early emotionally during your training. Take it easy and slowly build up. You know the drill. Dont do like I do and get all OCD and think you arent doing enough. Stick to your plan.

I peaked to early for the ToT. About 1 week prior on my Saturday run, I was high as a kite for the event, and a little flat at the event. It happens.

joel_maxwell

Also, do you have a field guide on what leaves not to use. *looks around* It would be a great Christmas present.... along with what emergency grub you can and cant eat. :D

Texas84

Seconded. Even if you go out and do a mile a few times a week you're in the top 1%.

Today I did this:
mowing-the-lawn.gif

GoofyRacer11

Cross-Fit class 7 complete! Today's warmup consisted of 800 meter run and row, 15 squats, 15 pushups, and 15 inverted rows. I started out with the run and when I got to the 400 meter mark, it started to downpour so I decided to just add the 400 meters to my rowing. That means I ended up rowing 1200 meters. Then I practiced kippling pullups and tested my progress on deadlifts. I ended up reaching a new PR in deadlifting by lifting 100lbs. Today's WOD was called a chipper, which means there were no rounds it was just straight through the exercises. I did a 400 meter row, 20 walking lunges, 20 inverted rows, 20 pullups, 20 thrusters, 20 KTE, and finished with another 400 meter row. Man I feel good!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Pace yourself and dont peak to early emotionally during your training. Take it easy and slowly build up. You know the drill. Dont do like I do and get all OCD and think you arent doing enough. Stick to your plan.

I peaked to early for the ToT. About 1 week prior on my Saturday run, I was high as a kite for the event, and a little flat at the event. It happens.
My plan is madness. I'll send it to you later on.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Insantity Pure Cardio today. That workout is the real deal. It's a great workout because it's all about how hard you push yourself, so even as I get more comfortable with Insanity, I won't ever find that workout "easy".

imagination30

ran a 5k in about froze this morning .. - ran it in offically : 22.37 , unoffically 22.40 , with a pace of 7:18. unoffically 97 overall and offically 96 out of 1,000 men!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom