What did you do?

GoofyRacer11

I forgot to post my Cross-Fit workout that I did yesterday evening. My warmup included a 400 meter run, 400 meter row, 15 squats, 10 pushups, and 15 inverted rows. The normal WOD for level 5 was 3 rounds of 300 meter rows, 10 KTE, and 10 dumbbell dip shoulder presses as a superset. However, I decided to do 4 rounds of each exercise. I finished in 13 minutes and 23 seconds. I'm still enjoying the classes and looking forward to becoming a Cross-Fitter!

JillC LI

Ruffner Mtn Crusher proved to be exhausting this year too. As I said before, they moved the event up 1 month. So it was 20 degrees warmer today at start (65) and 75 at finish. That made for slower paces unfortunately. 2:18:00 last year, 2:43:00 this year. All in all, still proud even though I didnt come close to matching my time last year. Here are some stats and pics.

Elevation gain 2,821
Elevation Lost 2,783
Ascended 3,837
Descended 3,943

The downhills really beat the hell out of your ankles with small rocks and tree limbs covering the trail. I know Nick can appreciate that. I ran into a bush and got a contusion on my knee and ran into a tree and tore up my shoulder, but that is all apart of it and comes with the territory. I was actually a little lonely for a little while. I thnk I ran 4-5 miles by myself. That is fine typically, but I needed someone with me to push me like i enjoyed the first 5 miles.

We didnt get the awesome swag handmade clay medals this year. Since a major sponsor was a local micro brewery, we got finisher pilsner glasses with finisher and the event printed on them. Now for the pictures.

Iron Ore "Crusher"

View attachment 28170

Elevation

View attachment 28171

And me enjoying a microbrew in my new pilsner.

View attachment 28172

Thanks for all the support. @Donald Duck , thanks for the text today bro. Really meant a lot.

Nice job Joel. Sounds like a killer in all respects. Cracking up at that serious photo of you! LOL

JillC LI

Race roundup - Grete's Great Gallup - 13.1 miles in Central Park. 2:05:44 finish time. My first half marathon!

A very hilly and undulating course which was a bit more than a lot of folks were ready for - the pack really cleared out after the first 10k. People were also WAY bundled up at the start, it was 55 and breezy and a lot of people realized the error of their way about 3 miles in when they were overdressed for the weather. I am glad I braved it out in a tank and shorts for 20 minutes in the corral, it was near 70 and sunny by the time I finished.

I felt great and love the hills on the north side of the park as I run them regularly, my downfall was the last mile, I ran out of gas and could only muster a 9:58 mile. Definitely some tweaking is needed on fuel/hyrdation for the next one and for my long run training.

That's terrific! So essentially you set a Half Marathon PR for yourself! Central Park is a killer course to start a half marathon on - all those hills are brutal. I ran my first 10K there (not just my first race 10K but the first time I even tried to complete 10K) and it destroyed me. Years later, though, I ran my 10K PR on that course. (More on that below.)

JillC LI

Whew, I haven't been online in awhile so I had 2.5 pages of posts to catch up on. Nice work everyone.

As for me, I ran 8 miles Sunday with my hubby accompanying me on his bike. Then yesterday, I was going to do an easy 6 miles, but I was feeling strong, and the weather was so comfortable, that I found myself flying. So I decided to tag on another .2 miles to see what my 10K time would be, and it turned out to be a PR! My previous PR for that distance was 59:31, but yesterday it was 58:52, and I still had a little more in the tank. I could have even gone faster but I developed a nasty blister under my big toe which was killing me - I'm not sure how I get it because I NEVER EVER EVER get blisters. Oh well, guess it had to happen sometime. Anyway, I'm still almost a month out from my 10K race with my son, so I'm feeling pretty good about breaking 58 minutes and maybe even beating him. :D

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Nice job Joel. Sounds like a killer in all respects. Cracking up at that serious photo of you! LOL
Sam laughed at that and asked why i was so serious. I told her I was concentrating on my orientation with signage, me and my beer. My smile was not on the table as a concern. LOL

Well, it sure was a "crusher". I talked to a local guy who does a lot of trail. He said that Ruffner is more brutal than anything locally (even Oak Mtn State Park) because it is so compact, your inclines and declines are super vertical. My legs are saying that today. Im on 600mgs of Aleve and I still cant support my own weight with one leg going down stairs. My quads are severely sore. More like an "impact" soreness. Like they had been beaten with a bat. So, still no running. I think i might go ride my bike or swim in the morning. Something no impact.

joel_maxwell

Whew, I haven't been online in awhile so I had 2.5 pages of posts to catch up on. Nice work everyone.

As for me, I ran 8 miles Sunday with my hubby accompanying me on his bike. Then yesterday, I was going to do an easy 6 miles, but I was feeling strong, and the weather was so comfortable, that I found myself flying. So I decided to tag on another .2 miles to see what my 10K time would be, and it turned out to be a PR! My previous PR for that distance was 59:31, but yesterday it was 58:52, and I still had a little more in the tank. I could have even gone faster but I developed a nasty blister under my big toe which was killing me - I'm not sure how I get it because I NEVER EVER EVER get blisters. Oh well, guess it had to happen sometime. Anyway, I'm still almost a month out from my 10K race with my son, so I'm feeling pretty good about breaking 58 minutes and maybe even beating him. :D
AWESOME. Way to go. Let us know if you officially break that race PR. I know you can!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Congrats on the PR!!

JillC LI

Hey Nick! I received an email about this today. I certainly won't be running it, but I thought you might be interested . . . kind of as a warm-up or something: :D

Ultra Central Park Experience

You've run the loop around Central Park, but have you conquered it nine times in a row? Now is your chance to register for the NYRR NYC 60K (formerly known as the Knickerbocker 60K) on Saturday, November 17, our only ultramarathon-distance race in 2012. There's no better way to get ready for your Thanksgiving feast (and days of leftovers) than pounding the pavement for 37.2 miles.​

Kristia

Did 3 miles @ 11:22 pace. Knee was only a tiny bit sore which went away when I stopped running. Trying to take it easy and hope I can complete a half on Sunday. Going to run one more 3 miler on Thursday and then rest until the race.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I decided to give Insanity a whirl. I did the fit-test yesterday, and did okay, although I started out too strong out of the box. I was out-pacing the people on the video and getting in more reps than them, which made me feel really good. By the end of it, they were doing way more reps than me.

I did Plyometric cardio circuit today. I don't think I've ever sweat that hard.

None of the exercises are "difficult" that I would say. It's the sheer number of repetitions and then the fact that you are doing them in circuits, with each circuit a little faster than the last.

Shawn T does a great job of motivating. I'm really hoping to stick with it, tone out, and drop some weight before the full in January.

Mr mom

Been really pumping it up lately, put down another 13.2 miles today, on tap for a great week. My legs are weak and I am coming down with a cold but my will power is stronger.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Hey Nick! I received an email about this today. I certainly won't be running it, but I thought you might be interested . . . kind of as a warm-up or something: :D

Ultra Central Park Experience

You've run the loop around Central Park, but have you conquered it nine times in a row? Now is your chance to register for the NYRR NYC 60K (formerly known as the Knickerbocker 60K) on Saturday, November 17, our only ultramarathon-distance race in 2012. There's no better way to get ready for your Thanksgiving feast (and days of leftovers) than pounding the pavement for 37.2 miles.

Thanks Jill! I'll have to run it at least twice!! Looking into it...

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
25 miles this morning and yesterday...did I post that already??

Ran out onto the jettys yesterday at mile 11 and the tide was coming in and almost knocked my a-- into the ocean.

Anyway, building miles to get to 200+ miles / 6 days. Hope to reach that by next week or the following week.

Mental focus has been off and on this week.

Run like hell.

LindsayLoves

3.91 mi at 8'59"/mi. First run back yesterday after the half on Sunday, took the extra day off and my legs were very thankful for it, any soreness from Sunday was gone by yesterday afternoon.

Mr mom

My cold is getting worse but I still put in another 12.7 miles today, one more run day to go and I am on track for a great week.

joel_maxwell

I went to the Y this morning and rode the trainer and did some weights. Seems like the soreness in my legs from this past Saturday is on the verge of being completely gone. The bike helped this morning.

Swimming tomorrow. That water is going to be cold. Next Friday the bubble goes over the pool. Thankfully.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance today....the first half is brutal on the quads, but I seemed to be better equipped for the 2nd half.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom