What did you do?

GoofyRacer11

Completed my weightlifting routine this morning finishing in 50 minutes instead of an hour. I just got back from my first Cross-Fit class. It was awesome to see everything that they had compared to regular fitness centers. I'm really thinking about becoming a member. The best part is its only 5 minutes from my house. Tomorrow, 5 miles before school and 30 minutes of speed roping after school.

Mickey&Minnie

Completed my weightlifting routine this morning finishing in 50 minutes instead of an hour. I just got back from my first Cross-Fit class. It was awesome to see everything that they had compared to regular fitness centers. I'm really thinking about becoming a member. The best part is its only 5 minutes from my house. Tomorrow, 5 miles before school and 30 minutes of speed roping after school.

I am thinking about checking out a local Cross Fit center, let us know how you like it if you decide to join. I won't look into it til probably late October.

For me tonight, 5 miles.

LindsayLoves

5.06 mi at 9:18/mile. Don't plan to pack too much mileage in during the week as the training schedule has a 13 mile run for Saturday. Can't wait!

Mr mom

great day for me, loaded up on pasta last night and had pancake this morning. nice and cool when I started... At the 10k mark 44.45 and at the 1/2 marathon distance 1.35.43 ( a personal best for me) and kept on running until I put in 16.9 miles. At about the 10 mile mark my butt started to hurt and for the last mile or so I had a stitch in my left side but determination to finish what you started is a powerful thing.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Great job Kristi! Congrats on the PR, and sounds like fun. It's always great when the weather is picture perfect for a race too. Great photos.

As for me, I didn't plan to run today, but I opened my eyes at 7am and couldn't fall back asleep so I threw on some running clothes and decided to do 4.5 miles before heading the Rosh Hashanah services this morning. But I took a wrong turn and somehow wound up doing 5.1 miles. The weather was gorgeous - high 50s - and it was a great run.

Joel, I wish you would come up north so we could do a group run with Nick and Coryna. I definitely like the idea of giving Nick a 20 mile head start! :D

Everyone, check out this link I received by email today! http://5kfoamfest.com/obstacles.php
Ill make it up for something one day. I promise. Since Ill have to fly, Ill beg Nick for a airport pickup and a couch to sleep on. :D Foreign city... it would feel a lot more inviting and fun if I wasnt staying in a cold hotel room.
Nick will have to slum it and run a half or full event. We should start looking about 2 years out at some events that are near all of you.
I'M IN!:D
In a few towns over from where I grew up (in MA) they used to have an annual event where they would foam the entire main street. It was a BLAST!
Too bad nothing even close to this area on the race schedule. I would image that they could do this event where they just had the Color Run in NJ. The racetrack is also where they host Tough Mudders, Warrior Dashes, etc.
I'll have to keep my eyes open to see if they add it to their schedule.
This so looks like you!

joel_maxwell

great day for me, loaded up on pasta last night and had pancake this morning. nice and cool when I started... At the 10k mark 44.45 and at the 1/2 marathon distance 1.35.43 ( a personal best for me) and kept on running until I put in 16.9 miles. At about the 10 mile mark my butt started to hurt and for the last mile or so I had a stitch in my left side but determination to finish what you started is a powerful thing.
I didnt realize you had that much speed. A 7:20ish pace over a half is moving! Nice job.

Mr mom

I didnt realize you had that much speed. A 7:20ish pace over a half is moving! Nice job.

I really started to drop off after that though, especially when the stitch hit. I still have not got enough stamina to maintain that kind of speed for a full. I figure I would still be looking at 4hrs for a full as my speed past the half really drops.

JillC LI

That's fantastic! Good for you.

And for those who commented on there being no Foamfest nearby, the email I originally got said there would be one in the Tristate area next May. I'll keep you posted. I've never done anything like that, but maybe I could be persuaded!

joel_maxwell

I really started to drop off after that though, especially when the stitch hit. I still have not got enough stamina to maintain that kind of speed for a full. I figure I would still be looking at 4hrs for a full as my speed past the half really drops.
I have maintained a 7:40 over a half and potentially could have done a 7:30 looking back afterwards. i left some out on the course and I should have pushed a little harder. It was 2 weeks before my first full so I didnt want to injure myself. I did a 3:54:00 full and it was a comfortable pace the whole time. One day Ill really do the proper training for a speed full to see what I can do.

I use to get stitches frequently. I started budda-belly'ing to get rid of them, but then I started doing more negative splits and I maybe have had one in over a year. Im not sure if I know how to fight them off before they happen, or if it has to do with pace/breathing plus fluid intake. Not sure, but my combo now works well.

Again, Nice job.

JillC LI

Fun quote by Harvard evolutionary biologist Daniel Lieberman referring to why he runs so often (in an article on the Runners World web site): "I don't have any talent, but I love the way this makes me feel."
Smart man.

imagination30

just got back from the beach , which was nice to relax , but also i ran did some beach runs .. , and did some laps in the pool , and cardo... this week!

fmingo36

That's fantastic! Good for you.

And for those who commented on there being no Foamfest nearby, the email I originally got said there would be one in the Tristate area next May. I'll keep you posted. I've never done anything like that, but maybe I could be persuaded!

I already sent an e-mail requesting that they come to the east coast. No response from them, but we'll see.

When it makes it to our area; we will have to do this event together!!!

joel_maxwell

4.25 miles this morning in glorious 52 degree weather. I swapped todays 5 for tomorrows 4 because i woke up late.

5+ miles tomorrow morning.

Witchy Chick

Hi all!! I haven't checked in in forever! How is everybody?

I've been in a serious funk for about three weeks now. :( Back to school for the kiddos likely has me out of sync. Getting a 2- and 4-year-old ready every morning for preschool is just wearing me out. I am trying to juggle so much right now, that running/caring for myself is coming in dead last.

I did no running at all last week of Aug/first week of Sept, but got back into it last week. Got in two TM runs of 1.6 miles each, and banged out another 1.6 mile run this past Monday when I was extremely PO'd at my husband. :mad:

Anywho.....I'm signed up for a local 5K next weekend, but I'm a little worried since my 2-week layoff has totally sapped my endurance. I'm due to run tonight and I'm gonna try for 2 miles.

Hope everyone is doing well, and sorry for dropping off the face of the earth. ;)

Witchy

fmingo36

I already sent an e-mail requesting that they come to the east coast. No response from them, but we'll see.

When it makes it to our area; we will have to do this event together!!!

I got a response e-mail!
Didn't say specific city/town but did say that they will be in the TRI-STATE AREA on May 25th. (Maybe Dr. Doofensmirtz will use his foaminator :p )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom