What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
It really is worth trying an after dinner run before the race for all those running it. I will never forget running the TOT race when it was a 13K on a super-full stomach right after dinner at Le Cellier. The extra pretzel bread, cheddar cheese soup, huge steak, and chocolate cake dessert sure seemed like a good idea at the time . . . but not so much during the race! LOL

I think it's great how many on this board are running the TOT 10M this year. Wish I could be there too. But I am looking forward to our surprise-the-kids December trip so much so that makes me feel better. What I'm really still upset about is not registering for that Hershey Park Half Marathon before it closed out. Sigh.
I wish you could make it too. You are in my top 3 that I must meet one day. I guess Ill have to come up there and run some northern event to make this possible. ;)

Kristia

It really is worth trying an after dinner run before the race for all those running it. I will never forget running the TOT race when it was a 13K on a super-full stomach right after dinner at Le Cellier. The extra pretzel bread, cheddar cheese soup, huge steak, and chocolate cake dessert sure seemed like a good idea at the time . . . but not so much during the race! LOL

I think it's great how many on this board are running the TOT 10M this year. Wish I could be there too. But I am looking forward to our surprise-the-kids December trip so much so that makes me feel better. What I'm really still upset about is not registering for that Hershey Park Half Marathon before it closed out. Sigh.
We need a dislike button for this! :( :) Keep it in mind for next year though! If we like it, the hubby and I might make it a yearly race.

fmingo36

:(

fmingo36

I wish you could make it too. You are in my top 3 that I must meet one day. I guess Ill have to come up there and run some northern event to make this possible. ;)

You need to start planning a trip to NJ/NY! A evening out with Nick, Jill, and myself-YIKES! Maybe we could get a run in too. Nick will have slum it and only do 10 miles or something like that.

Texas84

Welcome to the south. When you cant breathe next summer while trying to run outdoors, just keep running. ;)
We don't need no stinking oxygen.:cool:

THAT is a bit much, but I did get a Mickey-D's combo before W&D last year. No problem. Probably just lost points with Nick on that one. :D

Mr mom

I love le cellier and of course being a canuck they always introduce anyone from our province to our table, last year a girl's parents only lived about a mile from our house. I have to start saving some cash to do some of these things, being in Canada those trips are a heckuva lot more expensive for us.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
14 miles this morning. I got more elevation this weekend. Last weekends 12 mile pulled only 507, this 14 pulled 847 vertical feet. Yea! My butt muscles feel it too.

I think my internal speedometer is back with my new Hoka's. I find these entertaining. Some slower number are obviously longer hill work but pretty tight splits.

9:23, 9:19, 9:31, 10:15, 9:14, 9:24, 9:18, 9:15, 9:12, 9:09, 9:25, 9:10, 9:19, 8:53

Happy Saturday! I earned 1771 calories of beer intake today. :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
We don't need no stinking oxygen.:cool:

THAT is a bit much, but I did get a Mickey-D's combo before W&D last year. No problem. Probably just lost points with Nick on that one. :D

Lol. I don't eat that much before a traininh run or a race. But post-run, look out. For my BoB100, I consumed 100 calories every 30 mins for 19 1/2 hours. After the race, I scarfed down close to 1,000 calories in recovery drink, soda and mini doughnuts. 2 hours after, I ate French toast and homefries at a local diner. A large coffee frap, pb&j, and othet snacks on the drive home. A pot of cooked rice (thanks wife) and two beers when I walked through the door at home. A 5 eggwhite sandwich on an everything bagel the next morning snacking all day...and still lost almost 4 pounds.
#lovemesomefood

Mr mom

Lol. I don't eat that much before a traininh run or a race. But post-run, look out. For my BoB100, I consumed 100 calories every 30 mins for 19 1/2 hours. After the race, I scarfed down close to 1,000 calories in recovery drink, soda and mini doughnuts. 2 hours after, I ate French toast and homefries at a local diner. A large coffee frap, pb&j, and othet snacks on the drive home. A pot of cooked rice (thanks wife) and two beers when I walked through the door at home. A 5 eggwhite sandwich on an everything bagel the next morning snacking all day...and still lost almost 4 pounds.
#lovemesomefood

Wow and I thought I was a big eater

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I typically don't eat much before a race, as I tend to get race day nerves. Typically half a bagel or a banana is all I can stomach. Once I'm running, the nerves settle out and I can actually take my gels and such regularly without problems. I run a lot after work at night, so I'm used to running between 10pm and midnight. Last year for W&D we had a late lunch (about 2:00 or so), and then just had light carbs in the early evening.

Mickey&Minnie

So yesterday I ran the Race for the Cure and after driving an hour and a half at 5:45 in the morning. We made it to the race and it started pouring. Thankfully it let up and it was perfect weather to run a race. There were so many walkers and strollers up near the front it was annoying. I bet for a quarter of the race I was dodging all kinds of people. Now granted I am not fast at all but I would prefer if those walkers would have been considerate for those who are a little faster than them and move towards the back. Even if you aren't used to races common courtesy should tell you that much. Anyway because of the lack of time chips and my watch still in the mail (oh plus all of the runners I had to dodge) it wasn't my best race and I have no idea how I did. It was for a good cause tho and that's what ultimately matters.

Today I hope to squeeze in a little run so that I can keep up with the mileage that I managed to pull last week.

fmingo36

Got in 1 1/2hrs of yoga this morning. Planning on getting a run in later in the evening (training for the TOT10M) although it's beautiful out and I'm ready to go NOW.

Texas84

#lovemesomefood
Well, it was a grilled chicken sandwich combo and I didn't upsize it. :D

Very rough 7.6 miles today. Felt like 20. Humidity is down but the sun is bright and brutal. In the 80's by finish. My Longhorns didn't finish beating up on Ole Miss last night until 1AM so I didn't launch until 0945.

Thought of a Disneyland story while I was about to keel over at mile 7 today. After the DL half I passed a family on the way back to the hotel. The kid said, "Daddy, he smells funny!" The dad said, "Did you see those medals? He just ran 13 miles. You would smell funny too." That made me smile. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom